Pikes 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing Pikes already sold out on their website on September 17th - 19th.
From experience, how likely is it to still perhaps get reservations closer to these dates due to cancellations?

Doing 2 weeks from 29th September. First week with friends & 2nd week with misses & 8 year old kid. Can I book pikes for 3 of us, around 2pm for lunch & chill at pool ?
Thanks for help

Doing 2 weeks from 29th September. First week with friends & 2nd week with misses & 8 year old kid. Can I book pikes for 3 of us, around 2pm for lunch & chill at pool ?
Thanks for help

I believe, normally, they don't allow kids at the pool (I think it says it on their Sunday roast page on the website) so I guess you're best off emailing/calling and checking as it might just be Sundays they don't allow it because it's busy

Thanks team
Sent them email/quick answer

Thank you for your email.
We are an adults-only hotel but children are welcome at the restaurant :)
If you wish to make a reservation, you can safely make it here

None been to pikes in years. Is the restaurant worth booking/ can you hear the tunes on nights they have DJs
Thanks for help / info

None been to pikes in years. Is the restaurant worth booking/ can you hear the tunes on nights they have DJs

Thanks for help / info
Maybe this will help?

I'm not sure if the restaurant has it's own designated entertainment every night. On their published line-ups, only Saturday nights appear to.

I'm sure it's a lively atmosphere regardless and would think they pump music from either poolside or the sunset terrace the other days?

Thanks team
Sent them email/quick answer

Thank you for your email.
We are an adults-only hotel but children are welcome at the restaurant :)
If you wish to make a reservation, you can safely make it here

Thanks for help / info
Our balcony was at the back of the restaurant and we coukd certainly hear the music from the pool, atmosphere also always seemed good. The entertainment on the Wednesday was based in the restaurant and not the pool

There were quite a few kids about at Pikes for the Sunday roast two weekends ago (for Theo Kottis). Some ended up in the main pool too.

Frank Tope's playing on Sunday with Brothers Grimm. Probably best known for his Wild Geese productions & Brixton residencies with Basement Jaxx and Rob da Bank BITD. My guess is a whole load of laidback swimming pool vibes. Should be good

A lot of Sunday evening fun at Pikes. Super soundtrack from Frank Tope and Tayo. (Loads of fave tunes eg Fatima Yamaha, Grace Jones, paperclip people, softhouse company + that awesome 2021 remake of the whistle song) Most of it spent in the pool. Pikes crowds are v hit/miss but this was definitely one of the better ones. Everyone really friendly. Somehow managed to pace the drinks and get back to SE intact! Good times 😎

I still feel a bit confused about Pikes. If I have a table booked for evening drinks am I allowed to turn up earlier and use the pool? Or would I need to have specifically booked for brunch or similar to do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back