Pacha's 2014 line-up

Soon! More EDM i'm afraid...

Jesus! Really? Maybe my reading of this is all wrong (probably), but in the same way every man and his dog started a tech/underground party last year, are we about to have the same complete and utter over saturation of EDM parties? I mean with Ushuaia looking like they are having at least 5 nights of it, Pacha having, Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, and I am sure a few others throwing some.... are all of these going to be a success? Are their enough kids around outside August to attend them all?

I am in danger of repeating myself again, but while I appreciate Pacha need to pack them in and pay the bills (I'm an accountant for my sins), I do wish they had been more honest in the narrative that was coming from them last year.

The 2012 clear-out was all about them just making more money from in-house nights and nothing to do with music! Pacha have to be praised for creating two MASSIVELY good parties: INSANE, Solomun+1 (and WOTG) but their 2014 line-ups are starting to look less adventurous than back in 2012!

Look at the 2012 line-ups some weeks: All Gone on some of the tech-house nights, Defected, Cadenza etc. Pacha from Monday to Thursday looks like a no-go area for anyone who likes quality house/tech house music!

Deep Dish. Mondays.

I'd take that.

I don't think you can ever have a saturation of EDM parties.
Surely it's a good thing that the Tech/ underground scene is, well, going back underground a bit. Probably a tad too much compared to last year.

Pacha is not the place i like to hang in Ibz on summer :D...it's crazy as Pacha has nice local djs in the outside season :cool:
If they stick to local Djs instead to bring some superstars djs :rolleyes: ...I did not enjoy the parties i've been to Pacha last summer (Pure Pacha & Solomun +1:did not choose my parties , was on gueslists :p)...ok there are nice girls but héy! the music has to follow..too rammy ...

Extract from interview with Steve Hulme on Ibiza Holiday Secrets.

Loving what they have in store for INSANE this year:

"John Digweed, Guy Gerber, DJ Sneak, Reboot and Tensnake, will be joined by Denis Ferrer, who will do ten dates, as will MK, who we were absolutely thrilled to sign for ten parties"

On Destino:

"Destino, is another venue that Pacha have worked hard on this year. "We have a team working very hard in sorting out a number of local issues with regard to Destino and we are happy with the situation there now - it is always our intention to be a good neighbour. We would love to have Nicolas Jaar back, as well as Luciano and Loco Dice, if all are willing and available"

Hum! I've seen Denis Ferrer a few weeks ago in Paris & he play more tech house mix than house mix but f***in borin tech house (i like some tech house but not boring one :p)...other famous Djs Andrea de Oliva from Ants party mixed after him, his mix was better than Denis ...less boring Tech house but don't knwo why they don t play House mix such as the ones you see from them on youtube...

Good interview Stivi. Season 2014 looks very exciting! After initially throwing my toys out of the pram with WOTG not being every Wednesday, I totally get why. Three underground nights really was too much of an ask in the first season of change I suppose. As I said above, I think INSANE is looking very promising with the list of DJs announced so far. Good to see DJ Sneak back too, and WOTG / INSANE tie-up will be pretty special for those four Fridays I think!

Reading between the lines, looks like Monday will be another EDM night?!?

Spot on. I think that having 3 underground parties in 2013 (all new parties to the rosta) was always going to be a tough ask for them all to be a success. The fact of the matter is that the 'underground' type clubber in Ibiza still views Pacha in a negative light and therefore getting enough numbers through the door of that type of clubber was always going to difficult. Sadly, it was always going to be WOTG that was going to struggle the most. Friday (Insane) will always get a crowd in at Pacha as its the weekend and a more inernational and local presence than you would get midweek. And Solomun had a lot of hype round him last year which would have increased the numbers on a Sunday - he was/is a 'name' which meant that people who are not necessarily into 'underground' music would go.

Guy's night suffered against the other 2 nights due to these reasons. But good news that he will be back as part of the Insane shows - that line up of regulars looks outstanding; something for everyone. I predict it will be a huge success this summer and the booking of MK will open up a whole new section of clubbers that previously wouldn't have gone to Pacha in my view.

Will also be interested to see what names Solomun + 1 will bring in this year. He brought some fantastic artists last year that (I don't think) had ever played Pacha before: the likes of Miss Kittin, DJ Hell, Marek Hemmann, Ame etc. Be great to see some even more adventurous bookings too....

Will also be interested to see what names Solomun + 1 will bring in this year.

Just back from 10 days in Thailand with no/little access to wireless and nice surprise to see the Solomun line-ups announced! Looking VERY good indeed. Great to see the best acts from last year return: Ame, Miss Kittin, HOSH etc. And some new ones that I (don't think) have played Pacha before: Kolsch, Dixon etc.

Also, great to see Pete Tong back at Pacha in some form. I am a massive fan of him in an intimate setting when he does Tech-House and not trying to do stadium EDM! Solomun & Tong B2B in the centre of Pacha is pretty damn good in my view!

I'd love more than anything if Solomun could get Sven Vath there! I mean Solomun/Sven Vath Closing Party? Someone has to make it happen! ;)

Back