Pacha Opening 2018: ALL NIGHT LONGS...

FatBoy Slim is gash and has always been so

in 2001 - he happened to do Cream & was the unannounced guest at Manumission in the week i was there
both great sets, not too cringeworthy or cheesy - lots of good house music too

I was at Brighton that afternoon. It was old school chaos. people went down for a laugh because the word spread that a massive party was going on and it was a boiling day and everyone got smashed on the beach. I remember pandemonium on the M23. gridlock for miles. one guy trying to get on my bonnet. people actually walking along the motorway sharing cider and spliffs through windows! amazing vibe. I don't think anyone really gave a shit about the DJ tbh. most people didn't even know what was going on. From memory he played one or two good tunes but then again any wedding monkey could play all saints. He spent most of the time holding up signs and prancing about before the cops pulled the plug.

Fatboy Slim is like McDonalds -

Most tried it when it first came out.

Its bad for you but every now and again its acceptable.

You tend to know what to expect.

See him as Norman cook at underwater @ pacha once, thought he was great that night, none of his own music just good tunes. Much prefer him in the housemartin days though ;)

The 250k who attended THAT beach party would probably disagree.

Strange show of disrespect on this thread for someone's that been doing his thing a long time?
Norman is that you havin a Carl Froch moment?

I get your point but i think alot of his popularity was due to a few big tunes in the charts, constantly being championed by R1, and the celebrity relationship bollocks with Zoe Ball. It was the era of oih oih and every duck's arse would listen to some sort of dance music. Not his fault mind, he just lucratively capitalised on it.

Anyway i'll give over now and not bore you's all to death

Any realistic chance that the dixon party won't be too packed (because of the amnesia opening?)?

Stivi you think we are done for Pacha pre opening parties?

Ie any more to be announced 21st - 25th May?

Stivi you think we are done for Pacha pre opening parties?

Ie any more to be announced 21st - 25th May?

I have seen something re a robin schulz date on here, maybe on the 24th? it's not been confirmed by the club though.
and seeing it is IMS week makes me think there MUST be some more events to come in those dates. but I genuinely haven't heard any more yet.

I have seen something re a robin schulz date on here, maybe on the 24th? it's not been confirmed by the club though.
and seeing it is IMS week makes me think there MUST be some more events to come in those dates. but I genuinely haven't heard any more yet.

Cheers

alright guys, roll call for sven tomorrow night?

I will be in the club tonight too so tomorrow I will suggest a time and spot to have a meetup in the club if anyone is up for it. just check the forums during the day.

from our side (the spotlight clubbing team) we are all coming. then I think @macdonsj and @lee111s will be there too. who else?

Back