Pacha Opening 2018: ALL NIGHT LONGS...

a total joke DJ. overgrown student toss. but he's a name that all the divs recognise and that's what counts.
Wouldn’t have thought he was still that popular, even amongst ‘the divs’. He’s cracking on now, it’s not like the younger generation are going to look up whilst he’s playing and think, ‘wow Fatboy’s cool’. More like ‘he reminds me of my dad dancing at a wedding’

exactly - I find it bizarre.

unless of course he has secretly reinvented himself as some super sleek nu-prog German DJ (from Portslade)...

exactly - I find it bizarre.

unless of course he has secretly reinvented himself as some super sleek nu-prog German DJ (from Portslade)...

Agree. But my sense is he does have a bit of pull across ages. I never got why Coxy used to book him every year, but some of that was I assume he used to play Space Terrace a bit back in the day.

as someone who used to go to the big beat boutique in the 90s it was all a bit of a laugh, that whole DIY sample ethic that Skint records and all those guys were messing around with in the club backrooms - goofy records with surf guitars and misplaced scratching. Then the likes of DJ Yoda and then 2 Many DJs took it to the next level. but I think it all went to Cook's head. started taking himself really seriously and turned into a bit of a dick (according to music people I know in Sussex) - now maybe he'll surprise everyone with some knockout tunes from the crates, but my strong hunch is it will mostly be the earbleed EAT SLEEP RAVE horse manure he is more latterly associated with.

To be fair I admire FBS for having the staying power but also not compromising. He isn't trying to be cool, cutting edge and has no gimmick. Just comes from the time of trying to put on a good party and can actually read a crowd.

I'm not necessarily convinced by HS82 all night long either - but Sven, Seth, Dixon and Solomun are four absolute masters of the all night long DJ set. Anyone on the island for any of those dates is in for an incredible night. VERY jealous to say the least.

Great work from team Pacha!

I got the Solomun one...

While I know he's still a popular name, Dixon playing an all night set at Pacha is pretty special in my opinion. His all night and even sometimes day sets are always fantastic as I find his selection on those nights widely ranging with usually some pretty hammering techno in the peak of it. While Sven is fantastic he does play all nighters a couple of times a season and maybe it's just me going against the grain but Solomun has lost some of his luster for me. But if i was anywhere on the same continent, I'd make the weekend trip for Dixon.

While I know he's still a popular name, Dixon playing an all night set at Pacha is pretty special in my opinion. His all night and even sometimes day sets are always fantastic as I find his selection on those nights widely ranging with usually some pretty hammering techno in the peak of it. While Sven is fantastic he does play all nighters a couple of times a season and maybe it's just me going against the grain but Solomun has lost some of his luster for me. But if i was anywhere on the same continent, I'd make the weekend trip for Dixon.
As would I if I weren’t there the week before already :)

He’s cracking on now, it’s not like the younger generation are going to look up whilst he’s playing and think, ‘wow Fatboy’s cool’. More like ‘he reminds me of my dad dancing at a wedding’

Fatboy Slim – 54

Carl Cox - 55

Sven Vath – 53

Danny Tenaglia - 57

What's the problem?

Back