Overcrowding

things MIGHT change a bit...I think from this or next summer onwards the clubs have to be equipped with automated crowd counters...and that will force them to abide by their official capacities. we'll see though, it's ibiza after all.

Will be tough for parties like Music On who really pack them in but all in all may not be that bad for some of the clubs and for the overall atmosphere as it will force people to get in there a little earlier. Potentially even program the night a little differently and get some bigger names on earlier to maximize effort to bring in the crowd early.

all the touristic venues (hotels included!) with more than 200 people capacity have three months to install the automated crowd counters!

What do they have to gain by installing this in a hotel? Is over overcrowding in a hotel really an issue? I mean yes, i understand the whole fire hazard concern but I cant see any real benefit in this unless there is a particular known case for this?

Actually, I recall that they really made it difficult to "invite" someone up to your room that was not an official guest.... at least it was that way back when it was a concern of mine.

Well the first season that Ushuaia opened, you actually could not take someone back to your room after a night out.

Actually, I recall that they really made it difficult to "invite" someone up to your room that was not an official guest.... at least it was that way back when it was a concern of mine.

Yeah in San Antonio hotels that I've stayed at, you have to pay extra for an extra guest and they need to show their passport or some garbage too.

ushuaia hotel , u have to give ur id once, in order they record it ,then they call ur friend...
in some hotel as long u go with ur friend u r allowed to get in...with airbnb u r not allowed to bring guest...
i just spot i met (elrow closing & Hi closing(when she came to say hello, i told her : who are you? :D)) a rich girl housing in Hard rock for 50 days+ along closing17 but she didnt answer to my mess when asking her to be on my free list backstage for zoo project...it's a shame as watching her videos at many beaches and some parties she was really alone ...
Enjoying ibz alone is not really the good answer, u can go alone but make mates there at least...

Overcrowding is a real issue in some places but i have succeed to deal with after years ..Dc10, amnesia, Pacha, finding the right spots ...
As i always say, beeing a pack of 4 people (feuck the meetup, i want now, for ibz18 people willing to follow me,as it doesnt work as planned) at least is an answer to secure ur place in the dancefloor as you can't imangine how u have to struggle with rude people wanting to shove u, Dc10 garden under dj booth,km5 cocoon afterparty,ims dalt villa 1rst row,destino 1rst row,in front of pacha dj booth,ushuaia 1rst row, blue marlin 1rst row, 1rst row amnesia when booth is at rear of scene such as Elrow, some Hyte parties, under amnesia dj booth when in the front (not a real issue as people without earplugs can't deal with the strong bass there :D, always place on right of dj as somenone wrote & behind bars in the rear side...)

Last edited:
whats the overcrowding issue is about?

the nights i go to are never over crowded cocoon hyte solomun (maybe at peak hours)

except for carola its surely overcrowded but only on the terrace

Try Amnesia closing...as someone who goes to notting hill carnival every year and football games every week, the year i went to closing was still one of the busiest events ive been to in my life. an hour to get across the dancefloor to the toilets, couldnt move your arms. Carl Cox was pretty bad a few times too.

Back