Overcrowding

Sticky Licky

After returning from a fortnight .. I was astonished on some nights the lack of concern for the numbers in a club. I know the clubs are licenced for particular numbers, but does anyone actually count or do they just stop letting people in when they physically can't get anyone else in?

Hed Kandi at El Divino being the worst offender when I was there (11th Sept night) - it was literally impossible to move sometimes.

I'd hate to think what would have happened if they needed to evacuate. :x :x

Agreed.

Next visit to We Love at Space I will be getting in before lunchtime if I possibly can.

I always absolutely adore the mood and the lack of crowds in there in early to mid afternoon.

Later on I get just fed up of banging into folks and having to worry more about treading on people that getting into the music . . or am I just getting old !?

hey,

just back from ibiza on the 19th (followed by a few days in Barcelona), and our last night there - the hed Kandi closing on Saturday night - was an absolute head melt!!

now perhaps a week of caining it brought down my tolerance levels for a loo-queue all the way down the stairs, but i agree it was waaaay too packed. and what i wouldn't have given for a chair on the terrace to chill out for a while!! as it was, we left after 2 hours because we just couldn't enjoy it, which was a total shame as it was the one night (apart from defected) we had been waiting in earnest for.

don't think it's got anything to do with age mate, it's just about pleasurable experiences ;)

so to El Divino - cracking club, any chance of an extra loo and some chairs for the punters who keep the place banging??? (not just VIPs).

katch

Overcrowding was a prob on the 11th and 18th.

What you need to understand is that at hed kandi, we did actually close the doors off and make it ticket only for these events trying to stop or at least calm it down. Everybody had paid the same amount for the tickets and I'm sure you can imagine the problems we would of had by turning ticket holders away, both logistically and physically. We were expecting it to be quite busy but nothing could have prepared us for what actually happened on the 18th.

Please bear in mind that we were also giving out free passes for the workers closing on the Sun. Which was less crazy by far, and generally alot more comfortable on the dancefloor.

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Bearing in mind the amount of outlets which are selling tickets, it's impossible for the clubs to know how many people are going to turn up.

At Carl Cox at Space for the closing party, it was absolutely rammed and would have been a lot better if fewer people had been let in as there was hardly any room to dance.

I dread to think what would happen if there was a fire or something.

Sticky Licky said:
After returning from a fortnight .. I was astonished on some nights the lack of concern for the numbers in a club. I know the clubs are licenced for particular numbers, but does anyone actually count or do they just stop letting people in when they physically can't get anyone else in?

Hed Kandi at El Divino being the worst offender when I was there (11th Sept night) - it was literally impossible to move sometimes.

i was there on the 11th,they were letting people into the dj booth to make more room on the dancefloor. ;)

NITEFLY said:
Sticky Licky said:

i was there on the 11th,they were letting people into the dj booth to make more room on the dancefloor. ;)

:lol:
Can we have this story in full please? Seems to involve you invaded the DJ Booth and Matt asking you politely to leave?

NITEFLY said:
mambobirdette said:
What really made me laff was the amount of girls i seen really dressed up to the nines with heals on and everything - in Ibiza :rolleyes:

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Im adapting your post like quality maaaate.

I mean crystal chandelier earings and really big heels - not really the done thing for Ibiza :confused:

matt collins said:
Overcrowding was a prob on the 11th and 18th.

What you need to understand is that at hed kandi, we did actually close the doors off and make it ticket only for these events trying to stop or at least calm it down. Everybody had paid the same amount for the tickets and I'm sure you can imagine the problems we would of had by turning ticket holders away, both logistically and physically. We were expecting it to be quite busy but nothing could have prepared us for what actually happened on the 18th.

Please bear in mind that we were also giving out free passes for the workers closing on the Sun. Which was less crazy by far, and generally alot more comfortable on the dancefloor.

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Matt - thanks for coming back to us.

However - is there any control on the number of tickets being sold? We were really disappointed as this was our first Hed Kandi event and the music was spot on! It was a shame we left, but realistically we couldn't cope with how it was in there.

Mambobirdette - Agreed!! I didn't even take heels this year.. yet they were everywhere.. it was definitely more "dressed up" this year.

:eek: :eek: What's wrong with being dressed up? OK its hot, its sweaty, but I usually wear heels at every opportunity and certainly dont feel overdressed in Ibiza for "dolling myself up" .......or is it cos I just stand next to trannys all night ;)

PL:

You can get dressed up for this:

'Dimitri from Paris'
Saturday, 2nd October at Beyond
The Gate, Newcastle upon Tyne
10pm - 3am

MARKB said:
PL:

You can get dressed up for this:

'Dimitri from Paris'
Saturday, 2nd October at Beyond
The Gate, Newcastle upon Tyne
10pm - 3am

Awwww thanks MarkB, but I think I will be in liverpool (family birthday or something) but however I will be saving my dressing up for Steve Lawler at Shindig the following week... (Funking hate The Gate!!!! actually a bit harsh there - beyond is actually ok....... ;)

Hi

Got back from Ibiza on Thursday and went to the defected and both Hed Kandi nights, as much as i love clubbing, i had such a nightmare in there with everyone pushing and shoving and then there were the toilets!

I'm so pleased it wasn't just me then that thought El Divino was a bit of a nightmare i was starting to think i was getting abit old for all this!!!

Sunday at Hed Kandi was much better and less packed so that made up for it and i was definitely one of the dressed up crowd but i thought that was what everyone done in Iibza but by the Sunday i was clubbing in my flat sandals!!!

I definitely agree... The Defected closing party was one of the nights I was most looking forward to but it was ridicously crowded & destroyed everyone's mood... & I now feel quite glad that I skipped Kandi on Sat & Sun! :)

... I was astonished on some nights the lack of concern for the numbers in a club.
I know the clubs are licenced for particular numbers,
but does anyone actually count or do they just stop letting people in
when they physically can't get anyone else in?
I'd hate to think what would have happened if they needed to evacuate ...

...all greedy ibizadiscomafiapeople responsible for ridiculous overcrowded parties
(like f.e. thursdays in pacha) shut be put in jail if they don´t stop their irresponsible
behavior so they have time to switch on their brain and start thinking ...

more "crowd-control" this year ?

actually this is an un****ingbelievable scandal -
despite what has happened at the loveparade and in madrid ...

... in 2012 almost zero controls in ibiza´s discos regarding capacity :arrow:

"...
Ibiza, the island of the clubs ...
there were no regular monitoring of the number of visitors to these places, even in the biggest,
which receive thousands of people every night during the summer months ...
As confirmed by the three municipalities in whose territory they work Ibizan disco Ibiza, Sant Antoni and Sant Josep-in 2012 there were no regular monitoring of the number of visitors to these places, even in the bigge, that receive thousands of people every day during the summer months. Although you usually perform inspections of their security systems, only sporadically-five times between the three municipalities were conducted above-capacity controls, one of the most sensitive issues to ensure the safety of people. Of those five inspections, four were found to be beyond the capacity allowed on the premises, but, nevertheless, never ordered the precautionary shutdown activity or sanctions were imposed, and only decided to open records that still remain unresolved.

In the town of Sant Antoni, who has two of the most internationally renowned nightclubs and more customer traffic, the City has already admitted a few weeks ago, when asked by this newspaper, which does not perform regular checks of the tariffs and trusts such liability the companies themselves. The government team merely allude to the lack of sufficient resources and foresight to improve the situation next season. As a result of this situation, not imposed any sanctions on any premises in this connection, "which does not mean that at any given time are exceeded" the tariffs, the City admitted.

Sant Josep
Even more serious is the situation in the town of Sant Josep, which features a number of locations whose capacity is exceeded throughout the summer and, having known to the City Council, continues to tolerate these facts without closing any program, even though the law empowered to do so. These are businesses that have been repeatedly denounced by the Association of Clubs of Islands for not having the necessary permits, one of them on the road from Ibiza to Sant Josep and the other in the Sant Jordi Ses Salines ...
Vila: no controls in August
In the case of the City of Ibiza ...Vila, according to documentation provided by the Consistorio, made no inspection of any kind in any entertainment venue during the month of August,
despite being the month with the highest number of tourists

In July there were only four controls and all of them gave rise to complaints ...
Concern over the lack of government controls in clubs and other venues that host high numbers of people has increased considerably with the accident of Madrid Arena during Halloween party last year that killed five girls and there were dozens of injured to cause a stampede ...
..."

http://www.diariodeibiza.es/pitiuses-balears/2013/02/28/isla-discos-control-aforos/606559.html

Back