Ocean Beach

I got back this afternoon, I'll try and write a review tomorrow when I can cope with more than a takeaway and a bed.

We went on the Friday to OBC, had two 8 seater beds in the Garden bit which was nice. For some reason I expected it to be bigger. spent about 1400 which was more or less meant, 6 - 7 bottles of beer each, a 1.75 ltr bottle of vodka (475 euro) with mixers (felt dirty ordering it) and something off the food menu I had the burger, bacon and cheese (top right of the menu) which was lovely, prob the best thing I ate all weekend.

The food is very very good

I had the Panko Chicken and that same burger. Also tried a couple of milkshakes as well which were tasty

I thought it was quite a large area but dwarfed somewhat with the amount of people and seating/beds. Also note that there is a roof garden as well

Is the pool heated? Was a perfect temp I thought getting in - you wouldn't hesitate

When you weight it all up and say 8 of you got a VIP table/bed. It would set you back €200 each. That includes entry fee and the bed. €1500 euro would go a long way if you stuck to your cocktail jugs/beers and get you a couple of main meals and sharing platters each. Then you think you are there for best part of 6 to 8 hours. It actually makes for a damn good afternoon!!

You said it yourself Joe, it is 'their' money and is up to them how they spend it.

Yeah. Shit stains can spend their money at whatever shit stain mecca they can find. Maybe €15 on a shit stain cocktail.

The fact remains obc is a shit stain on the beautiful white isle.

time to move on and accept that change is inevitable.

Change is good. But if something is shit,it's shit..

Then you think you are there for best part of 6 to 8 hours. It actually makes for a damn good afternoon!!

I agree Rye, I'm glad we did it and experienced it.
For 100 Euros each we had really good service from 3pm - 8pm when we left.

On the Friday evening we came out of our hotel and went to the west end for a night, again 14 of us. We paid 15 Euros each went to a awful dive bar at the top of the west end, got a bottle of vodka (which didn't taste like Smirnoff, but had all the labels seal of Smirnoff) bottle of Rum, mixers, 14 beers, 42 shots (drain water), and a cocktail each - awful drinks that tasted rubbish and we left after an hour.

OBC is something I'd do now and again when in Ibiza

For us it worked out about 20 Euros an hour for entertainment - I go on a Manchester United game it costs me £28 for 90 minutes, I go on a Preston North End game it costs me £20 for 90 minutes of entertainment, I go the cinema it costs xx

Just another tourist trap and expensive version of the west end

Yeah. It's the modern equivalent to the 18 - 30s. Half the people who attend obc,would have been a shoe in, 15/20yrs ago for the 18 - 30s.

West end,British bars,rubbish hotel entertainment, bad music.

OBC represents them well. It could be anywhere in the world and it would be the exact same model. OBC has nothing in common with Ibiza, the balearics or Spain as a whole. Just like the British boozers of the past. OBC goers have moved on from the full English,and dodgy Sunday roast,to burger and chips straight out the freezer. For those feeling adventurous maybe a little sushi.

Whatever happened to the pissed girls singing like a virgin a on the karaoke? They're too busy spraying bottles of champers at the champagne spray party's... :lol:

So yeah,times have changed,but not a great deal.

I would say it isn't expensive.....IF enough of you book

Ok so some of the drinks and some of the food are a little or massively over priced but real you are getting quality meals and service and where in Ibiza isn't drinks over priced? Forget the westend!

However in a way it does force you to spend more than you might want but actually if you enter at like 2ish and stay until 10 - Your lunch and dinner is taken into account in that price and a really good amount of drinks is covered

Now come away from OBC

Go for lunch / Go for dinner / €50 euro club ticket / transport / drinks in club - add it all up and actually you realise you are not getting so shafted by OBC

Go on the right day such as Hed kandi and the music/entertainment/quality food/all day waiter service and all around very social atmosphere all makes a lot of sense

Yeah. It's the modern equivalent to the 18 - 30s. Half the people who attend obc,would have been a shoe in, 15/20yrs ago for the 18 - 30s.

West end,British bars,rubbish hotel entertainment, bad music.

OBC represents them well. It could be anywhere in the world and it would be the exact same model. OBC has nothing in common with Ibiza, the balearics or Spain as a whole. Just like the British boozers of the past. OBC goers have moved on from the full English,and dodgy Sunday roast,to burger and chips straight out the freezer. For those feeling adventurous maybe a little sushi.

Whatever happened to the pissed girls singing like a virgin a on the karaoke? They're too busy spraying bottles of champers at the champagne spray party's... :lol:

So yeah,times have changed,but not a great deal.
Pretty much spot on. It's really just an extension to Linekers bar which was always a bit of a shithole. Sadly they're taking over Itaca too. It's more like Malia or Aya napa than Ibiza

The word 'Fun' is written on that poster... however it does state Free Entry...

That leaves Balearic joe in a predicament

You don't know what fun is rye. That's why you have to pay for yours at a plastic shit hole full of clueless gimps... i suppose being in a place full of clueless gimps makes you feel that you are actually on the set of love island.

I read something funny about OBC in one of the Sunday Rags saying "British lads standing in the shallow end flexing their pecs wishing they had brought enough money for more than one bottle of vodka..

I read something funny about OBC in one of the Sunday Rags saying "British lads standing in the shallow end flexing their pecs wishing they had brought enough money for more than one bottle of vodka..

:lol: your making that up...lol ffs! Was it the daily star?

Sounds about right. I'd say lineker turns into a bat a midnight

Yeah I'm not going in as much as Joe is but OBC is the perfect example of all that is wrong with Ibiza in recent years. Ran by a poser, aimed at posers, full of posers, defended by posers.

Back