Naked sunbathing or skinny dipping

People don't often get nude right in front of other peoples' windows near town. If you do you may well become a social media talking point. A mate of mine got his kit off on the beach by Golden Buddha and went swimming in the early morning after clubbing. Let's just say a couple of middle aged local guys got the wrong idea and he got a bit of pestering of the kind he didn't expect. Much to my amusement :lol: If you don't want to be disturbed best thing to do is take yourself away from where others are gathered and pick a quiet time of day. If you are very confident you will cope with attention if you get it.

There is a guy who turns up at the hotel Atzaro every year in the nude exercising his rights and to remind people about the law. If you are unused to getting naked in public then it's worth making the small effort it takes to get yourself somewhere relaxed you don't have to worry about offending people. What I didn't say above is that nobody challenged or interfered with the guy sat quietly facing the sea minding his own business in front of Kumharas in the buff at Sunset. The fact his photo probably wound up on a hundred peoples' holiday instagram shots is a completely different matter. If that sort of attention doesn't bother you then you can likely be bolder but just use your head - if you place yourself in that sort of situation people will have views and they won't all be as liberal as a lot of us on here ;)

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking about placing myself on the rocks between port d'es torrent and kumhuras beach. Not very crowded but you do get the odd tourist. I think that would br better than middle of san an.

I'm very lucky to have an unofficial naturist beach near me in UK. It's under half an hour and get there either by (e :lol:)-MTB almost door-to-door, 20 minute drive followed by 1 mile walk or as this morning, half an hour on my stand-up paddleboard from another busy beach. It's not on the maps and nothing official but locals regularly go and it's completely free and easy - even tourists don't seem phased. As close as you get to same feeling as North of Ibiza beaches in UK and even more relaxed in peak Season if I'm honest. Just wish the water was a bit warmer :spank: :lol: !

20180719_114118[1] by 103 Alex1, on Flickr

My point was about Kumharas 'beach', there really isn't one. #injoke
I've been walking quite a lot recently between the two places you mention; K > PdT and found it difficult to get somewhere comfortable enough to sit and read my book, it's all rough rocks.

My point was about Kumharas 'beach', there really isn't one. #injoke
I've been walking quite a lot recently between the two places you mention; K > PdT and found it difficult to get somewhere comfortable enough to sit and read my book, it's all rough rocks.
Yeah it is quite uncomfortable though, but it is the only place on that side that i feel isnt too populated, probably cos it is all rocks.

As for Kumharas, well yes i suppose they isnt much of a beach but its still quite a populated bay.

If you think about it, the coast all the way from Kumharas to past La Sirena is overlooked by apartments or hotels.
Then it's a well trodden path around the Aura and Seaview hotels, non stop pushchairs, not ideal.

I'm very lucky to have an unofficial naturist beach near me in UK. It's under half an hour and get there either by (e :lol:)-MTB almost door-to-door, 20 minute drive followed by 1 mile walk or as this morning, half an hour on my stand-up paddleboard from another busy beach. It's not on the maps and nothing official but locals regularly go and it's completely free and easy - even tourists don't seem phased. As close as you get to same feeling as North of Ibiza beaches in UK and even more relaxed in peak Season if I'm honest. Just wish the water was a bit warmer :spank: :lol: !

that looks lush - and how clear is that water?? i only ever visit brighton or north norfolk coast when i go back and the water does not have quite that same clarity :spank::lol:

that looks lush - and how clear is that water?? i only ever visit brighton or north norfolk coast when i go back and the water does not have quite that same clarity :spank::lol:

If it's been calm for a while the water there is very clear, a few metres visibility. Of course it doesn't take much of a change in conditions for everything to get churned up just like Ibiza bays after a storm. Autumn and Winter visibility is usually poor. Literally just round the point is a famous surfing beach which can get significant breaks so it's a case of timing things for when they are disappointed especially for snorkeling. Also paying attention to detailed sea state forecasts because it can all change in an hour. It was super calm early morning but I had to paddle back for 2 miles through unexpected half metre swells, messy chop and very strong surges yesterday lunchtime. My legs are ruined today from bracing - should've just kneeled down and had done with it !!

Seen large dogfish and a baby shark there, and some lovely large solitary jellyfish which are unusual. You have to go much further out to get schools of fish though - there's the odd few hiding in the kelp near the beach if you dive down, and the mandatory Devon spider crabs which I leave in peace.

If it's been calm for a while the water there is very clear, a few metres visibility. Of course it doesn't take much of a change in conditions for everything to get churned up just like Ibiza bays after a storm. Autumn and Winter visibility is usually poor. Literally just round the point is a famous surfing beach which can get significant breaks so it's a case of timing things for when they are disappointed especially for snorkeling. Also paying attention to detailed sea state forecasts because it can all change in an hour. It was super calm early morning but I had to paddle back for 2 miles through unexpected half metre swells, messy chop and very strong surges yesterday lunchtime. My legs are ruined today from bracing - should've just kneeled down and had done with it !!

Seen large dogfish and a baby shark there, and some lovely large solitary jellyfish which are unusual. You have to go much further out to get schools of fish though - there's the odd few hiding in the kelp near the beach if you dive down, and the mandatory Devon spider crabs which I leave in peace.
Just wonder if anyone here's ever seen anything out of a glass-bottomed boat?? Even parked up in the harbour!!

Just wonder if anyone here's ever seen anything out of a glass-bottomed boat?? Even parked up in the harbour!!

Don't think I've ever even been on one. Thought of having my mental state shattered by those horrendous tannoys with no way of escaping is a little too much for me !

Don't think I've ever even been on one. Thought of having my mental state shattered by those horrendous tannoys with no way of escaping is a little too much for me !
Hell yeah - thats why personal noise-blocking earphones were invented. Or sit as close as I can to the engine, never thought diesel could sound so wonderful!

Back