Naked sunbathing or skinny dipping

There's nothing in law - as far as I know - to prevent nude sunbathing on any beach. There is a rule-of-thumb, us nude bathers tend to move to the sides of beaches (which is often the nicer, quieter parts) unless the beach is specifically nude. Also that the majority of beach-goers who aren't nude don't mind one jot (and kinda expect it nowadays).

There's nothing in law - as far as I know - to prevent nude sunbathing on any beach. There is a rule-of-thumb, us nude bathers tend to move to the sides of beaches (which is often the nicer, quieter parts) unless the beach is specifically nude. Also that the majority of beach-goers who aren't nude don't mind one jot (and kinda expect it nowadays).

Thanks for the reply.

So its best not to go to a busy beach and do it (which i suspected anyway) but no law to stop it, its just respectful.

Thank you

How do you all feel about nudist beaches frequented by the clothed?

Early this month I went to espalmador, thinking it was going to be a nudist paradise.... I was the only one who attempted to go nude the entire day. I assume most looked around and did not want to be 'the weird nude guy'. The beach was even not even really topless. Eventually I covered up too.

Whats your opinion? I went specifically for that, but the beach was overrun by 'textiles'.

Early this month I went to espalmador, thinking it was going to be a nudist paradise.... I was the only one who attempted to go nude the entire day. I assume most looked around and did not want to be 'the weird nude guy'. The beach was even not even really topless. Eventually I covered up too.

Whats your opinion? I went specifically for that, but the beach was overrun by 'textiles'.

same as I feel when lots of nudists hit up a regular beach. it's their decision as it's not unlawful, but it's out of place.

That is fraustrating. I mean you went out of the way not to upset or offend anyone and then ended up possibly offending people anyway.
However they went to a 'nudist' beach what would they expect?
I went to a nudist beach in benidorm as it was within walking distance but this had clothed people on it when i first went to it. I felt a bit disappointed and didnt want to be the first.
It turned out they didnt want to be the first neither and then as soon as the first local nudist came and striped off we all felt better.

That is fraustrating. I mean you went out of the way not to upset or offend anyone and then ended up possibly offending people anyway.
I went to a nudist beach in benidorm as it was within walking distance but this had clothed people on it when i first went to it. I felt a bit disappointed and didnt want to be the first.
It turned out they didnt want to be the first neither and then as soon as the first local nudist came and striped off we all felt better.

ah no man, if it IS a nudist beach, then definitely no one should be offended if you are nude....I mean what's the point then.

Yes, a bit of a disappointment. Maybe it was just a bad day, maybe the type of visitor there is changing what is considered acceptable.

Usually it only takes one person to set things off... my mojo apparently was left at the hotel that day. :lol:

Thank you all for your responses.

I'd still like a few more opinions on it.

If i was to do this, i think i'd chose a less populated beach in san an and probably out of main hours and no children.

Thanks for the answers. I'll be in San An and just fancied a skinny dip, not looking to travel far and wide for a quick skinny dip.

So would i be in trouble if i just stripped down and went in for a dip?

I would say find a different place , there will be tourists about and they are not as liberal as the locals ,
It’s a very busy area so many quiet places for you to do it .

Plus it’s disgusting there , loads of clean water close

Two minds. Nude beaches should be nude...but by the same token beaches should be open access for everyone as I would like the option to be "nude" on any beach I like, so I suppose I must accept textiles on nude designated beaches. Formentera is over-run in summer by Italians who can't be prized-out of their £500 costumes....but by the same token they don't seem bothered one jot by the occasional nudist bathing or passing by.
I think the Spanish system is about right - no laws to stop you skinning.

Thank you all for your responses.

I'd still like a few more opinions on it.

If i was to do this, i think i'd chose a less populated beach in san an and probably out of main hours and no children.
I keep away from kids and it's not because I'm nude - it's because I don't like them around (hence I go away from school holidays!). That being said, even off season there are plenty of kids enjoying naturism themselves with their folks so if I wanted to avoid those as well as the textiles I'd run out of beaches....

Best are the peacocking guys at sa trinxa. They just pop up when they see prey walking towards them.:lol:

Few years ago the beach along pdb just south of Torre del Mar and the little marina I came across a few groups of women getting an all over tan.:rolleyes:

Think in Ibiza though it stays more in the designated beaches, In the canary islands it seems to be pretty much any beach.

Do you got to the nudie beach to be naked or to watch other people naked?

I go to be naked, and have been the only nude one on a couple of occasion this trip (Formentera & Espalmador). However, as its been said above, it feels a bit awkward being the only one. I am old enough to not care what other think but I am human being a social animal as well. As for watching others, see the bum thread :lol:: I like the female form, but a thonged bottom will likely appear more erotic than a plain nude one, to me (given the same butt). On a nude beach people are just kinda lying about eating crisps, and its honestly a bit boring after the 1st five minutes. I like to enjoy it in Ibiza because there are no nude (even topless) beaches on the island where I live.

Out of all the beaches, I think I prefer escondida (Comte) the most, as we would run into the same few people there on the 4 trips we made there this holiday. It was very tribal. I am actually more social there, as I think there is one less barrier between people.

I’d have to have a penis size reduction if I went nude, would attract too much attention otherwise

:lol: I just tie a few knots in it to cut down the length...

Back