Naked sunbathing or skinny dipping

I go to be naked, and have been the only nude one on a couple of occasion this trip (Formentera & Espalmador). However, as its been said above, it feels a bit awkward being the only one. I am old enough to not care what other think but I am human being a social animal as well. .

Can't you just enjoy the opportunity to be nekkid yourself and anything else is a bonus? I don't think I'd be brave enough, but if I was, that's how I'd see it. Shouldn't worry too much about what other people are doing/wearing or how they look, unless someone is there being creepy. Some peeps might not even realise it's a proper nudie beach.

Can't you just enjoy the opportunity to be nekkid yourself and anything else is a bonus?
I did. :)

Shouldn't worry too much about what other people are doing/wearing or how they look
I don't think it is a question of what they are wearing or doing as much as opinions that they are having of you, obviously perceived/ imagined. Social pressure is a bitch, even if it is only in your mind. :oops:

I think we are going off subject a bit though. I understand its not for everybody. If i decided to sit on a relatively quiet beach out the way of kids on a sunny evening in san an, i think by reading some of these replies i'd be ok, but would maybe get a few weird looks but not be arrested or fined.

I think there's been a leather-skinned German gentleman letting it all hang out at Cala Gracio just about everytime I've been - including when busy with families and kids :lol:
Nobody bothered him and he didn't bother anybody else. Admired his courage!

I think there's been a leather-skinned German gentleman letting it all hang out at Cala Gracio just about everytime I've been - including when busy with families and kids :lol:
Nobody bothered him and he didn't bother anybody else. Admired his courage!
Might be worth going over and giving him a prod, could have died in 2016 what with alcohol preserving the body and all that :idea: Although if it were me I'd probably have my own personal pipeline to the bar, alive or dead. Especially dead, put the bill on my estate :cool:.

Dunno what all this fuss is abour nudity anyway....last summer I was in the Old Town and one woman walked past with practically nothing on other than strategically placed leather, dragging a virtually naked guy on his knees by chains. *Shrugs shoulders - Ibiza - nothing to see here...*.

That is fraustrating. I mean you went out of the way not to upset or offend anyone and then ended up possibly offending people anyway.
However they went to a 'nudist' beach what would they expect?
I went to a nudist beach in benidorm as it was within walking distance but this had clothed people on it when i first went to it. I felt a bit disappointed and didnt want to be the first.
It turned out they didnt want to be the first neither and then as soon as the first local nudist came and striped off we all felt better.

Nick, just be discreet and find a relatively quiet place on the rocks etc. There was a guy sat quietly naked in front of Kumharas at Sunset recently and sparked a huge debate on one of the local groups. One view is that it's a fundamental freedom to be cherished in Ibiza. Another is that it's unacceptable exhibitionism. Personally I don't care and if I had kids I would want them to see nudity as a normal part of life not something "wrong" or "weird" to be ashamed of or associate with sexuality. Provocative £500 Italian thongs are about sex. Nudity (imho) is not.

Be extremely careful of your stuff round San An - very likely it will get nicked. I have gone skinny dipping in the Bay at night after clubbing in the past but only after making sure I wasn't seen burying my stuff and key. It was a very brief affair (so to speak lol). The reason was quite simply to stay dry on my way back.

Otherwise I get naked loads in Ibiza as do many others especially Spanish locals. It's completely normal and a lot of the "tourist" fixation with keeping swim stuff on in the sea is from cultures who sexualize nudity. There's a completely practical reason too - means you don't have to walk home in wet clothes if you're not carrying spare stuff with you. Very often away from official nudist beaches women take off their tops and all the local guys go nude. It's more conventional to head to quieter beaches to do this though. Well it is nowadays - never used to be like that, but then those were much quieter days !! My suggestion - get the bus out to Cala Conta and go be free for a few hours. It's far more pleasant than looking over your shoulder for drones and i-phone weilding weird repressed tourists in San An !

Nick, just be discreet and find a relatively quiet place on the rocks etc. There was a guy sat quietly naked in front of Kumharas at Sunset recently and sparked a huge debate on one of the local groups. One view is that it's a fundamental freedom to be cherished in Ibiza. Another is that it's unacceptable exhibitionism. Personally I don't care and if I had kids I would want them to see nudity as a normal part of life not something "wrong" or "weird" to be ashamed of or associate with sexuality. Provocative £500 Italian thongs are about sex. Nudity (imho) is not.

Be extremely careful of your stuff round San An - very likely it will get nicked. I have gone skinny dipping in the Bay at night after clubbing in the past but only after making sure I wasn't seen burying my stuff and key. It was a very brief affair (so to speak lol). The reason was quite simply to stay dry on my way back.

Otherwise I get naked loads in Ibiza as do many others especially Spanish locals. It's completely normal and a lot of the "tourist" fixation with keeping swim stuff on in the sea is from cultures who sexualize nudity. There's a completely practical reason too - means you don't have to walk home in wet clothes if you're not carrying spare stuff with you. Very often away from official nudist beaches women take off their tops and all the local guys go nude. It's more conventional to head to quieter beaches to do this though. Well it is nowadays - never used to be like that, but then those were much quieter days !! My suggestion - get the bus out to Cala Conta and go be free for a few hours. It's far more pleasant than looking over your shoulder for drones and i-phone weilding weird repressed tourists in San An !

Thanks very much for the detailed reply.

Hi all, i was thinking about what you all said. What if i was to place myself on the rocks between port d'es torrent and kumhuras beach.
Not very populated at all, if someone was to walk past they could possibly see me and maybe might disturb me. Would that be a issue if they did?

Hi all, i was thinking about what you all said. What if i was to place myself on the rocks between port d'es torrent and kumhuras beach.
Not very populated at all, if someone was to walk past they could possibly see me and maybe might disturb me. Would that be a issue if they did?

People don't often get nude right in front of other peoples' windows near town. If you do you may well become a social media talking point. A mate of mine got his kit off on the beach by Golden Buddha and went swimming in the early morning after clubbing. Let's just say a couple of middle aged local guys got the wrong idea and he got a bit of pestering of the kind he didn't expect. Much to my amusement :lol: If you don't want to be disturbed best thing to do is take yourself away from where others are gathered and pick a quiet time of day. If you are very confident you will cope with attention if you get it.

There is a guy who turns up at the hotel Atzaro every year in the nude exercising his rights and to remind people about the law. If you are unused to getting naked in public then it's worth making the small effort it takes to get yourself somewhere relaxed you don't have to worry about offending people. What I didn't say above is that nobody challenged or interfered with the guy sat quietly facing the sea minding his own business in front of Kumharas in the buff at Sunset. The fact his photo probably wound up on a hundred peoples' holiday instagram shots is a completely different matter. If that sort of attention doesn't bother you then you can likely be bolder but just use your head - if you place yourself in that sort of situation people will have views and they won't all be as liberal as a lot of us on here ;)

Back