Music On at Pacha & Destino

Hey Mr Whittle! Love it when you post. Well you def know more than the rest of us about Pacha, but I agree it is splitting the crowd to a certain extent.

If you think since 2013 they have had 3 less commercial nights - and only one has been a massive success (Solomun), and the other two each season have either been OK, or just flopped.

I have a slight feeling this may be different due to the weekend thing (but I may be miles off). I think Marco will bring a good proportion of his crowd along (even if they do moan). I think he has a Gucci following too, and they probably will fill the tables more than Maceo Plex or Cocoon could.

I think Dixon has a very loyal following now, more so in the last 18 months, and it is Friday! A lot may depend what Amnesia put on Friday now.

And Solomun just seems to be widing his base all the time, but I think he will def get some reduction I agree.

Will be very interesting, but I think Marco, Dixon, Solomun is much stronger than say 2013 Gerber, Digweed, Solomun and even 2018 Cocoon, HS82 and Solomun.

Interesting times....
lets see, but pacha isn't a techno club, and to be honest is so distant now people have no real club loyalty, Solomun just took over from a massive Luciano night so kind of easier for him. its getting harder for pacha because no one knows who works there, ibiza is and will always be personal.

Never been the biggest fan of him but there is something slightly iconic about the sight of a packed terrace, light streaming through, Carola in sunglasses smashing out those big, rolling, techy tunes. Just can’t imagine the same vibe being recreatable in Pacha.

Then again, we think Cocoon have a fanatically loyal fan base, Music On’s is arguably even more so. Especially amongst the Italians... Fully expect to see Pacha unbearably packed Thursday nights.

Music On is the terrace. That imagery is what built the brand. I think we’ll be looking back in a few years pointing to this move as what led to the downfall of this brand.

Music On is the terrace. That imagery is what built the brand. I think we’ll be looking back in a few years pointing to this move as what led to the downfall of this brand.
That‘s a bit gloomy. Just compare club size between amnesia and pacha: if my maths is right even if only a third of people follow carola to pacha it would mean a packed club. And success isn‘t even measured by that number, only by the takings in the massive pacha vip section. It‘ll be huuuge compared to cocoon for instance, lots of ropes!

That‘s a bit gloomy. Just compare club size between amnesia and pacha: if my maths is right even if only a third of people follow carola to pacha it would mean a packed club. And success isn‘t even measured by that number, only by the takings in the massive pacha vip section. It‘ll be huuuge compared to cocoon for instance, lots of ropes!

No doubt will they pack it in, but the hype train for that party will officially be dead.

And maybe Thursdays helps him tour better over the weekend instead of been in ibiza every Friday all summer.
Has the destino day been set? Will it be Thursday or Fridays?

And maybe Thursdays helps him tour better over the weekend instead of been in ibiza every Friday all summer.
Has the destino day been set? Will it be Thursday or Fridays?

Agree. I’m amazed he committed to 7 seasons on a Friday to be honest.

Re. Destino, I assume it’s a pre-party hence the flyer says “Thursdays”. Also this fits with Destino’s model as a hotel.

d59z5_iwwaayetr-jpg.6711

Back