Music On at Pacha & Destino

Life of Rye

Now the season is over, so is our Music On playlist.

Guess i might head to Studio 338 in February out of curiosity more than anything.

I went this year may go again next year... Tickets are definitely inflated compared to previous years it puts me off because I am not keen on paying £67 to go into a club that will be sold to capacity. You are not getting your moneys worth if you queue for 45 mins to get in, 30 mins to put your jacket in the cloakroom, 30mins to use the toilet, 15 mins to get a drink and then not be able to get on to the dance floor down those annoying steps....

I feel all I do is moan lately about the same old issue ?

Life of Rye

Yes he played about 30 seconds of it and then he dropped a filthy techno beat! I was there and it actually went down well with the crowd. Best rave I have been too all year , the atmosphere was something else.

Loco Dice dropped a garage like track at his recent event at the Docks and I have seen him dropping similar sounds on his story
I wonder if this sort of sound is going to come in - I really liked it.
A blend of tech house garage

craig72

No longer active
Loco Dice dropped a garage like track at his recent event at the Docks and I have seen him dropping similar sounds on his story
Would you like to name this new genre?

Springal

To be fair it’s been around for a while. The Fuse sound is quite ‘garage’ influenced, and East End Dubs has an interesting mix of house / garagey sounds. Can be a bit weird in clubs but defo around

craig72

No longer active
To be fair it’s been around for a while. The Fuse sound is quite ‘garage’ influenced, and East End Dubs has an interesting mix of house / garagey sounds. Can be a bit weird in clubs but defo around
East end dubs played sankeys a bit don't think to much success... A mate is a big fan I've never gave them much a listen to be honest but I trust his knowledge of DJs..

Life of Rye

Good to see Carola and Dice varying it up instead of playing the same monotonous tech sound

I have seen Dice Twice (yes that rhymes) and in my experience he is far from playing monotonous music. A lot of his sets use music with vocals for instance. You could argue the vocals alone would differ one record to another significantly?