Music On at Pacha & Destino

Just a punt and based on previous years - might see Carola & Cox doing the Destino closing party, then carrying it on @ Pacha..Could be well off the mark though ?

not a fan but you have to give it to carola: for the closing carola will probably start off at destino, continue alone all night long at pacha and play again a few hours later for the 11th.

Wow didn't expect Carl cox to pop up on here. Now got dilemma after life closing with tale of us At hi or music on with coxy.

A lot of comments here regarding hi being really bad as a venue tho so guess will have to see if they made any changes this year

Still happening?
?

it's not something I'd normally comment on, but since it's out publicly in an article of a newspaper... as you can read in there, there was indeed an exclusive contract in place still. so a legal battle around that was to be expected. the industry was aware of that and it's all I'll say about it.

If the contract is with Marco and not MusicOn, can’t they just take his name off the advertising, and then create a campaign about fighting injustice and legal forces trying to curtail freedom? Etc Etc

is there an english version of this article available?
A quick explanation of a French who's speaking English as badly as Spanish ?:
The judge banned Marco from playing Pacha because of an exclusive contract with Amnesia not respected.
He is liable to a fine of 2.4 million euros in case he does not respect this prohibition, as provided for in his contract with Amnesia.
Am I right, Stivi?

The judge banned Marco from playing Pacha because of an exclusive contract with Amnesia not respected.
He is liable to a fine of 2.4 million euros in case he does not respect this prohibition, as provided for in his contract with Amnesia.
Am I right, Stivi?
Partially; the judge resolution prohibits the promotion of any other party or event with the Music On brand AND/OR its main artist, Marco Carola, individually or alongside other artists, in any venue in Ibiza which is not Amnesia.

So it not only bans Marco from playing at Pacha, but the Music On party as well.

Am I right, Stivi?
Not just Carola, its anything to do with the Music On brand (well thats how i read it using the chrome translator).

So I was right when I posted that a couple of weeks ago but nobody commented on it :)
I remembered that amnesia was contractually part of the music on brand. But the real extent of it is staggering actually. Who signs something like that?! And how long is this legally binding for Carola? There must be some duration in the contract, right?

Is this the reason why amnesia hasn't got a real residency for fridays, still thinking music on will have to come back? gotta love ibiza.

So I was right when I posted that a couple of weeks ago but nobody commented on it :)
I remembered that amnesia was contractually part of the music on brand. But the real extent of it is staggering actually. Who signs something like that?! And how long is this legally binding for Carola? There must be some duration in the contract, right?

Is this the reason why amnesia hasn't got a real residency for fridays, still thinking music on will have to come back? gotta love ibiza.
Interesting question...but I think it's not probable, too risky...and that move would also damage Amnesia image

Back