Music On at Pacha & Destino

I believe carola will almost have the destino monopoly this summer. prove me wrong but I don‘t think they‘ll have much else going on other than the music on thursdays

If that is the case that would be a huge shame. The Rumours party is one of my favourites and the venue matches Gerber well in my opinion.

I believe carola will almost have the destino monopoly this summer. prove me wrong but I don‘t think they‘ll have much else going on other than the music on thursdays

I wonder if it’s every Thursday at Destino?

I have been told Music ON at Pacha..... Opening Thursday 16 May and Closing Thursday 03 October!

Nobody take the above as fact please.

I have been told Music ON at Pacha..... Opening Thursday 16 May and Closing Thursday 03 October!

Nobody take the above as fact please.

seems correct. confirmation coming shortly.

destino isn‘t weekly btw

Personally i think Marco, Dixon and Solomun playing in Pacha within 4 days is a perfect example of splitting your crowd. either one will suffer a lot or all of them a little.

Personally i think Marco, Dixon and Solomun playing in Pacha within 4 days is a perfect example of splitting your crowd. either one will suffer a lot or all of them a little.
Putting Bob Sinclar so close to Carola is more of a concern of mine.

Joshing aside, I agree in regards to Dixon & Solomun. That is going to have to be some astute booking/branding. Of course, some overlaps exists between all 3. But I don't notice many of the Music On attitudes at Solomun. And there's lots more girls. Maybe the VIP crowds will be the ones that suffer?

In any case, as a punter and not a vested businessman, I would actually welcome a little more space at Pacha on Sundays. I'm sure I'm not alone.

Hey Mr Whittle! Love it when you post. Well you def know more than the rest of us about Pacha, but I agree it is splitting the crowd to a certain extent.

If you think since 2013 they have had 3 less commercial nights - and only one has been a massive success (Solomun), and the other two each season have either been OK, or just flopped.

I have a slight feeling this may be different due to the weekend thing (but I may be miles off). I think Marco will bring a good proportion of his crowd along (even if they do moan). I think he has a Gucci following too, and they probably will fill the tables more than Maceo Plex or Cocoon could.

I think Dixon has a very loyal following now, more so in the last 18 months, and it is Friday! A lot may depend what Amnesia put on Friday now.

And Solomun just seems to be widing his base all the time, but I think he will def get some reduction I agree.

Will be very interesting, but I think Marco, Dixon, Solomun is much stronger than say 2013 Gerber, Digweed, Solomun and even 2018 Cocoon, HS82 and Solomun.

Interesting times....

Last edited:

reminds me of amnesias cocoon, hyte and music on - week. they were spread over 5 days but still hyte didn't get their feet on the ground. so I still can't see dixon succeeding. he is the new one.

Can someone tell me why Pacha are talking about "Welcome home and MUSIC ON"? Have I missed something here? Who is coming home?
I guess they're trying to say "this is your new home".
btw is it confirmed that the order will be destino, followed by pacha as everyone here says? why not pacha first and destino for the after on fridays?

Never been the biggest fan of him but there is something slightly iconic about the sight of a packed terrace, light streaming through, Carola in sunglasses smashing out those big, rolling, techy tunes. Just can’t imagine the same vibe being recreatable in Pacha.

Then again, we think Cocoon have a fanatically loyal fan base, Music On’s is arguably even more so. Especially amongst the Italians... Fully expect to see Pacha unbearably packed Thursday nights.

Putting Bob Sinclar so close to Carola is more of a concern of mine.

Joshing aside, I agree in regards to Dixon & Solomun. That is going to have to be some astute booking/branding. Of course, some overlaps exists between all 3. But I don't notice many of the Music On attitudes at Solomun. And there's lots more girls. Maybe the VIP crowds will be the ones that suffer?

In any case, as a punter and not a vested businessman, I would actually welcome a little more space at Pacha on Sundays. I'm sure I'm not alone.
bob is out no ?

Back