Mosquito bites

I use spray - but also need suntan lotion. Are the two compatable, or does spray on top of/below break the resistance?

Looks like it uses Citrepel, 30% PMD75. guessing it works best moving your arm around vs. just applying OFF or other brands and having it absorb into the skin.

Love to see a side by side comparison against standard sprays.
Every time I’ve used a spray I’ve got well and truly bitten :(

Every time I’ve used a spray I’ve got well and truly bitten :(
Oh, totally not saying anything you've done wrong!! It's the same chemical in the spray, I'm just curious what difference air dispersed is versus skin application is. Must be something interesting for such different results.

A few years back we were in Es Pujols Formentera visiting a friend. She gave us a drink b4 going back to the apartment in San Fernando/Ferran,
on a rented bicicle, with only light on the back. We were going back quite late so it was darker then dark:mad:
and I got around 40 mosquito bites on the two km ride. They don´t like my gf.

Boom!

Going to try one of these and see how I get on.

Thanks @fhmsparkle :D👍

View attachment 16006

OK I feel a bit compelled to write a short review on this.

This mosquito repellent band came highly recommended from @fhmsparkle :D

Very easy to find online, I got mine from the online store that shares its name with a South American jungle. Very quick postage, as per usual from these guys.

Comes in a sealed packet and has a 2 week lifespan, according to the manufacturer.

It’s actually really small, it’s fitted around my wrist just like one of those rubber bands most people wear nowadays. Once it was on I literally forgot I had it on at all. Very easy to wear.

If you hold it right up to your nose you can smell a very slight chemical kind of smell. Apart from that I couldn’t smell anything.

I only wore it at night time, as I thought if I wore it during the day time I might have knackered it by jumping into the pool and sea.

So, did it work????

Well, I normally get attacked mozzies. Something about my blood they go crazy for.

I never got bitten once during my stay in Ibiza 🙌:D We were out every night.

It’s hard to know if maybe there just weren’t any mosquitos out during my short holiday, but I think for the sake of about £7 it was well worth the precautionary effort.

Mosquito bites drive me insane!

I’ll always take one of these abroad with me now.

OK I feel a bit compelled to write a short review on this.

This mosquito repellent band came highly recommended from @fhmsparkle :D

Very easy to find online, I got mine from the online store that shares its name with a South American jungle. Very quick postage, as per usual from these guys.

Comes in a sealed packet and has a 2 week lifespan, according to the manufacturer.

It’s actually really small, it’s fitted around my wrist just like one of those rubber bands most people wear nowadays. Once it was on I literally forgot I had it on at all. Very easy to wear.

If you hold it right up to your nose you can smell a very slight chemical kind of smell. Apart from that I couldn’t smell anything.

I only wore it at night time, as I thought if I wore it during the day time I might have knackered it by jumping into the pool and sea.

So, did it work????

Well, I normally get attacked mozzies. Something about my blood they go crazy for.

I never got bitten once during my stay in Ibiza 🙌:D We were out every night.

It’s hard to know if maybe there just weren’t any mosquitos out during my short holiday, but I think for the sake of about £7 it was well worth the precautionary effort.

Mosquito bites drive me insane!

I’ll always take one of these abroad with me now.
I’m glad it seems to have worked for you as mozzie bites are just a pain! I must admit I’ve wondered if they’ve gone off me too but I think I’d rather wear the band now than chance it 😂

Back