Mosquito bites

Do mosquitoes prefer biting ladies? Never had an issue with them on Ibiza (and yes, I do shower and use deodorant every day 🤣).

It’s a certain blood group they like apparently, and it’s only the females that bite you as they need the goodness from your blood to help them feed their babies.

* Most boring post of the day
** I googled this a few weeks ago when lying awake at 3am thanks to itching mozzie bites

I usually get bitten heaps. Been using Skin So Soft this year and not been bitten at all. One more night so they have one last chance to get me. Wife has a few bites though I’ve had the pleasure of using the zapper on her. Not sure it helps but gives me a laugh.

It’s a certain blood group they like apparently, and it’s only the females that bite you as they need the goodness from your blood to help them feed their babies.

* Most boring post of the day
** I googled this a few weeks ago when lying awake at 3am thanks to itching mozzie bites
I literally googled the same 2 days ago after being bitten whilst on a short break to Greece.
Went to bed every night wrapped up like a burrito in my bed sheet, and using every product under the sun but the little shits still managed to get me! 😂
Going to have to go full on hazmat suit next time. 😂

As my last THEYE band finally ran out last week, I bought a pack of these bands today in Eroski for around €13. Anyone tried them before? As THEYE only seems to be available in the UK / via UK Amazon, someone could make a fortune if they brought a suitcase full of them and sold here in the summer!

56030393-8523-4D36-899D-6E5B824F2A91.jpeg

As my last THEYE band finally ran out last week, I bought a pack of these bands today in Eroski for around €13. Anyone tried them before? As THEYE only seems to be available in the UK / via UK Amazon, someone could make a fortune if they brought a suitcase full of them and sold here in the summer!

View attachment 16783
I gave up with it all after Thailand years ago (got scars), but now I seem to be immune.

The THEYE bands definitely worked for me this year (Pikes, Salinas… - thanks again @fhmsparkle!) and I was eaten alive at Pikes the day/night I forgot to wear one, despite wearing DEET all over.

I try to avoid DEET and the little blighters this year seem immune to citronella spray, coils, plug-ins. Living in the campo, we are surrounded by them, so constantly get bitten when outside.

I’m blood group A+ and they seem to love me. It’s always worse during my ‘time of the month’.

Thank you all for the recommendations for the THEYE bands. Similar to the post above, I was at Pikes and Salinas as well and I usually seem to get attacked in Salinas but this year, just one bite for the whole week when wearing the band. But word of warning - they definitely only last for the week. We ended up having to stay an extra couple of days. I continued to wear the band in the hope their would be some residual protection, but no! Few more bites but came back to the UK in a MUCH better condition bite wise than normal! Will make sure I always pack these from now on!

I recommend keeping the THEYE band in the plastic bag provided (as the instructions recommend) when not wearing so it lasts longer. But 2 weeks was the most I got.

So far, the mini climbing rope bands from Eroski have worked for us and I didn’t get any bites at Pikes or in the campo yesterday. Apparently they last around 30 days each. 🤞🏼

Back