Mosquito bites

I have been surprised to not see mosquitos in my place for the moment.
Surely because it's windy here since we arrived.

Any good tips for avoiding being eaten alive by mosquitoes? I’ve plug ins in the bedroom and wear spray but they still go for me (nobody else!).

Any good tips for avoiding being eaten alive by mosquitoes? I’ve plug ins in the bedroom and wear spray but they still go for me (nobody else!).

there are some spirals avail in the supermarkets (mercadona for example) which you can light up, a bit like an incense stick, and for my wife they do the trick.

there are some spirals avail in the supermarkets (mercadona for example) which you can light up, a bit like an incense stick, and for my wife they do the trick.

Thanks, we have these on our balcony / terrace. Think one keeps sneaking into our room at night (air vent?) as I wake up covered in bites despite not hearing or seeing one.

Clara, have you tried the Mercadona spray? Comes in a smallish orange plastic bottle. It’s pungent but it always works for me. Keep your face well away during application.

Are you sure these bites are from mosquitoes and not bed bugs?

Maybe try an insecticide (the kind you plug into a power socket and that slowly evaporates by heating).

Clara, have you tried the Mercadona spray? Comes in a smallish orange plastic bottle. It’s pungent but it always works for me. Keep your face well away during application.
yeah, that stuff is good

I grabbed some of the repellent wristbands from Savers on my last trip to the UK. Definitely work, but wear off after 15-18 hours i would say and not convinced resealing them prolongs their lifespan as claimed

Are you sure these bites are from mosquitoes and not bed bugs?

Maybe try an insecticide (the kind you plug into a power socket and that slowly evaporates by heating).

Definitely mosquitoes - we brought a brand new bed & mattress (in Feb) just after we moved here.

Think they like my blood group…

My OH bought some natural spray from the Bio store in Santa Eulària which we’ve used in the fan.

I got eaten alive last week, I am allergic but (probably due to alcohol) I don’t bother putting repellent on. They are out in force

I’ve made it through a whole week without being bitten. Those “eye” bracelets from Amazon are the business :cool:

Back