Mosquito bites

Any improvement on the mosquito? Is it now a bit better?

I will be on the island tomorrow... I bought Avon So Soft to give it at try...

Already tried many recommandations from local friends, but it seems they are more and more aggressive and some old remedies aren't working anymore, maybe due to the tiger mosquitoes? I don't remember seeing tiger mosquitoes 10 years ago... (maybe I'm wrong and didn't notice it back in the time).

Any improvement on the mosquito? Is it now a bit better?

I will be on the island tomorrow... I bought Avon So Soft to give it at try...

Already tried many recommandations from local friends, but it seems they are more and more aggressive and some old remedies aren't working anymore, maybe due to the tiger mosquitoes? I don't remember seeing tiger mosquitoes 10 years ago... (maybe I'm wrong and didn't notice it back in the time).

I am not sure but I think 10 years ago the tiger mosquitoes weren't even in spain yet - I think it's a relatively new thing.

mozzies are still out in force. one thing that works for us is the spray you can buy in decathlon, there's one with 30% DEET and another one with 50% DEET which is really strong

I am not sure but I think 10 years ago the tiger mosquitoes weren't even in spain yet - I think it's a relatively new thing.

mozzies are still out in force. one thing that works for us is the spray you can buy in decathlon, there's one with 30% DEET and another one with 50% DEET which is really strong

That's my feeling too... I think they arrived in Spain (and also up to Belgium) 3 or 4 years ago...

Staying in Salinas will not help neither :-D But that's my favorite area in Ibiza so... let's fight those mozzies ;-)

I'm in Alcudia across the Balearic err Ocean at the minute which has a lot of lakes and canals and the Mosquitos are rampant! Get the Deet on folks!

I'm in Alcudia across the Balearic err Ocean at the minute which has a lot of lakes and canals and the Mosquitos are rampant! Get the Deet on folks!

I was in Alcudia in July with the missus and kids, mozzies were pretty hardcore.

I can't really add much to the thread apart from what has already been said.

Mosquitoes love me, my A+ blood must taste good to them. I suffer everywhere I go. Worst place being central Africa during rainy season.

As mentioned DEET works really well in my experience, and also those ammonia pens.

Just one thing I'd like to add, be careful where you spray DEET. I had some really strong stuff in South Sudan and I accidentally sprayed it over my mates Kindle and he reckons it left marks on it where the droplets fell?

Avon So Soft not really working... We've been bitten by those beasts... I will go to Decathlon to buy those sprays and give it a try...

Got there last Saturday, early evening. Went straight out, didn't even think about the mozzies. 6 bites & one swollen foot later!
Used Avon Skin So Soft for the rest of the time and not one bite.

I was eaten alive last night whilst asleep (weird for April). I saw the bastard but it got away. Doesn't feel that warm or humid so hopef just a one-off

Also - sounds like Dengue Fever could be a thing this summer. At worst fluey/nauseous symptoms, but still nasty.

I was eaten alive last night whilst asleep (weird for April). I saw the bastard but it got away. Doesn't feel that warm or humid so hopef just a one-off

Also - sounds like Dengue Fever could be a thing this summer. At worst fluey/nauseous symptoms, but still nasty.

I’m going to have to bring the extra strong insect repellent this year then 😬

Thinking of getting my repellant from Boots in Terminal 3 Manchester, but thinking something more local might be better, maybe stronger deet etc.

So - avoiding rip-off pharmacies - which is the best shop to buy from; and which product would you recommend from that shop? First holiday is in Ibiza town, the second on Formentera where the shops aren't as well stocked BTW.

Alternatively... https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61bSf-nGH3L._AC_SL1001_.jpg

Back