Michael Jackson dead?

Quote from Steve Angello's Twitter...

Well. I know he's done bad stuff but he was a music pioneer. So god bless him and rest in peace !! Michael jackson we'll remember u.

And off Deadmau5 Facebook...

RIP MJ. You are always in our hearts and in our music. Bonus points: "thriller" intro synth stab used in "hi friend" ...just reversed

Strange feeling watching your childhood start to die off. Michael, Farah Fawcett (childhood crush required for all young males of my generation)... even Ed McMahon for those of you who've seen the Tonight Show w/ Johnny Carson.

I know what you mean, it's a horrible feeling :cry:

such an amazing musician. agree with olly that it all went a bit weird after the 80s, although there was the odd moment of pop genius afterwards (you rock my world, butterflies)

jackson 5 still ultimate party music.

rip

you'll get used to it. just wait 'til your school chums starting popping off!
Already lost at least 2... going back home for my 20th (!!!!!!) school reunion this fall so I'm sure I'll learn of more.

Amazing how fast this life passes you by. Everything and everybody you know and love is temporary. Sometime you wish you could press pause and keep it all in place for a while longer.

The internet is in full-on cringe mode right now. I swear it was causing a lag on xbox-live last night when I was trying to get a few Fifa games in. Inconsiderate noncey twat.

It's my first real cultural icon. It seems more 'important' than Kobain. Perhaps the (my) age thing.

I was more gutted when Joe Strummer and Michael Hutchence died to be honest - other than the Jackson 5, I just didnt "get" Michael Jackson nor his music (prob in the minority like....) :confused: but each to their own

significantly, even though i've had a passion during 5 decades for the 'music of black america' i don't have a single track in my collection with any of the jackson's on it.

i suppose hendrix going was a landmark in my young (at the time) life

Two paramedics arrive at the Jackson house, responding to the emergency call. One says "what do we try first?" The other says "Well I don't know about you but I reckon the ferris wheel"

Back