Massively detailed Ibiza Review 2012 :)

incredible. the same thing happened to someone i knew at belle vue circus in 1963. happy days indeed, i loved school trips.

Not posted in a long time but had to following this review!!

I know we were all that age once but some of the things beans did and said are beyond naive!

Ibiza is more than a holiday destination - for many it has become a lifestyle! I am gonig for my tenth time this year and i know i wll discover something new that will amaze me just as much as some things did the first time i went!

Also, this kids perception of people from the North is way off the mark. We arent all a bunch of pikey neanderthals you know......

Just because someone wears a vest and has muscles does not make them chavs at all!!

I would definitely not consider myself a chav because i go to the gym and wear a vest in Ibiza......
Its called taking care of yourself and then wearing applicable clothing for 30 degree heat!!

If you go through life thinking you are above everyone you have a mis-conception about then you wont go far mate!

Amyway, i hope you go back and find out what a fantastic place Ibiza is, especially when you give people who arent from your own mould the time of day. I have met some of my closest friends and even long term girlfriends in Ibiza - people I wouldnt have had the chance to meet in England and come from completely different backgrounds but share the same passions - Ibiza and Music.

Not posted in a long time but had to following this review!!

I know we were all that age once but some of the things beans did and said are beyond naive!

Ibiza is more than a holiday destination - for many it has become a lifestyle! I am gonig for my tenth time this year and i know i wll discover something new that will amaze me just as much as some things did the first time i went!

Also, this kids perception of people from the North is way off the mark. We arent all a bunch of pikey neanderthals you know......

Just because someone wears a vest and has muscles does not make them chavs at all!!

I would definitely not consider myself a chav because i go to the gym and wear a vest in Ibiza......
Its called taking care of yourself and then wearing applicable clothing for 30 degree heat!!

If you go through life thinking you are above everyone you have a mis-conception about then you wont go far mate!

Amyway, i hope you go back and find out what a fantastic place Ibiza is, especially when you give people who arent from your own mould the time of day. I have met some of my closest friends and even long term girlfriends in Ibiza - people I wouldnt have had the chance to meet in England and come from completely different backgrounds but share the same passions - Ibiza and Music.

This is why t seems so unrealistic to me!

My first Ibiza experence was amazng! First year was in Playa d'en Bossa with my boyfriend visiting his best friend. We Went to Pacha and Privilege, partied at Bora Bora, watched the sunset from Kanya, ate some great paella and met some amazing people from all over the world...

Even the first girls holiday experience (which involved a lot more West End action!) was incredible!

This is why t seems so unrealistic to me!

Never underestimate the naivety of boys on their first holiday :D My first time, 1998, four of us, staying at the Klippe Apartments down in the Bay, for two weeks. It had a 24hr bar, for the first 5 days I can't recall ever leaving the Bay area. :( None of us had been before, so we didn't know about the West End. So the first week was fairly quiet.

Last edited by a moderator:
So many classic naive parts of that review that it made me chuckle :)

One of the classics is:

"Later that night though, I started to get bored because it was just 1 DJ and he didn't sing or anything so just hearing this beat and some loud bass got boring after 2 hours or so."

LOL I loved that.

^^ :lol: :lol: :lol: beans, you may need to start embellishing your reviews with some socially unpalatable elements to manage the enthusiasm of your fan base and get your former life back again ;)

Jeesss,

Just flew back last night, now I have just got to spend the next waking moments reading the rest of this thread when really I should be washing and drying 8 nights worth of clothing for 4 people as my missus has sharked off back to work leaving me to endure nicotine withdrawals (too long fragment consider)

^^ :lol: :lol: :lol: beans, you may need to start embellishing your reviews with some socially unpalatable elements to manage the enthusiasm of your fan base and get your former life back again ;)

Fine then. One other very minor story just for you then.

One of the days, we decided to walk down to the beach (as we did basically every day haha). Anyway, as we were walking down, we walked past that water fountain. Anyway, there was a guy sitting on the ledge by himself by the water fountain who looked really sad. We just minded our own business but as we got close to him he jumped up and he said 'are you guys English?' (he could probably tell as we were so pale then). We said 'yes'. He then said that he went out last night for his first night in Ibiza got so smashed and somehow lost his friends. He couldn't find his way back to the hotel the whole night and didn't have a working phone. So basically he was just really lost. He kept saying 'I know this sounds really scruffy and trampy, but I genuinely am desperate for 2 euros to use one of the built in public telephones to call a mate'. He did sound like he was telling the truth but I was just being harsh and said I didn't have any money. My mates said the same thing. Then without thinking my mate said 'didn't you pay for some food for me and then I gave you the change'. And I was like 'oh god, you just stitched me up'. So I gave this guy 2 euros. The very first thing he did was walk straight up to the telephone and call the person so I am sure he was being honest and telling the truth.

Not the most interesting of stories but there you go!

One of the days, we decided to walk down to the beach (as we did basically every day haha). Anyway, as we were walking down, we walked past that water fountain. Anyway, there was a guy sitting on the ledge by himself by the water fountain who looked really sad. We just minded our own business but as we got close to him he jumped up and he said 'are you guys English?' (he could probably tell as we were so pale then). We said 'yes'. He then said that he went out last night for his first night in Ibiza got so smashed and somehow lost his friends. He couldn't find his way back to the hotel the whole night and didn't have a working phone. So basically he was just really lost. He kept saying 'I know this sounds really scruffy and trampy, but I genuinely am desperate for 2 euros to use one of the built in public telephones to call a mate'. He did sound like he was telling the truth but I was just being harsh and said I didn't have any money. My mates said the same thing. Then without thinking my mate said 'didn't you pay for some food for me and then I gave you the change'. And I was like 'oh god, you just stitched me up'. So I gave this guy 2 euros. The very first thing he did was walk straight up to the telephone and call the person so I am sure he was being honest and telling the truth.

kimajy will like that story:)

Lol - I think I would have had to have punched your mate, hehe :p

God.

This reminded me of my youth running wild after being sheltered and introverted... At the time I was 13 and in urban america with lots of drugs but other than that, my perspective was identical.

Dealing with all the oddities of foreign travel, sleep deprivation, a budget, and just plain inexperience (and no one to trust who has that experience) would be devastating.

I'm surprised it turned out as well as it did for you honestly and if builds my theory that 90% of people that go to or that you will meet in Ibiza are nice, helpful, and basically good.

That said, there's still 1 out of 10 that will try to screw you over for fun.

On the spiking of a drink... It's not so impossible that you were saved by being slightly naive. I start chatting to a pretty german girl that seems willing to go the distance, I'm outta teh club in a flash. Your mate probably did not fall for that because it never would cross your guys mind to try to bang a hot german girl in the bushes outside a club... or a beach or in a cab, on a bus, between parked cars, on a parked car,... you get my point.

I've often thought that when I see a guy off his nuts sitting down looking smashed with some girl attending to him that it's teh perfect set up for her to be robbing the guy.

Who would ever think that she's not just taking care of her man who thought "well, this **** is weak..."

I picture a girl looking around to pull a young guy that might have looked naive and possibly carrying a lot of money away from his friends to try to rob them (it probably would not cost a lot to put a few drops of Rohypnol in a drink).

I also believe people sometimes do that just to f with people... I would if I was in suitable company to enjoy the show/joke... but I can tend to be a right bastard if I'm out with other right bastards.

Over all though, brilliant review and I think you have probably really learned a lot of very helpful things that should make your next adventure far less vexing.

God.

This reminded me of my youth running wild after being sheltered and introverted... At the time I was 13 and in urban america with lots of drugs but other than that, my perspective was identical.

Dealing with all the oddities of foreign travel, sleep deprivation, a budget, and just plain inexperience (and no one to trust who has that experience) would be devastating.

I'm surprised it turned out as well as it did for you honestly and if builds my theory that 90% of people that go to or that you will meet in Ibiza are nice, helpful, and basically good.

That said, there's still 1 out of 10 that will try to screw you over for fun.

On the spiking of a drink... It's not so impossible that you were saved by being slightly naive. I start chatting to a pretty german girl that seems willing to go the distance, I'm outta teh club in a flash. Your mate probably did not fall for that because it never would cross your guys mind to try to bang a hot german girl in the bushes outside a club... or a beach or in a cab, on a bus, between parked cars, on a parked car,... you get my point.

I've often thought that when I see a guy off his nuts sitting down looking smashed with some girl attending to him that it's teh perfect set up for her to be robbing the guy.

Who would ever think that she's not just taking care of her man who thought "well, this **** is weak..."

I picture a girl looking around to pull a young guy that might have looked naive and possibly carrying a lot of money away from his friends to try to rob them (it probably would not cost a lot to put a few drops of Rohypnol in a drink).

I also believe people sometimes do that just to f with people... I would if I was in suitable company to enjoy the show/joke... but I can tend to be a right bastard if I'm out with other right bastards.

Over all though, brilliant review and I think you have probably really learned a lot of very helpful things that should make your next adventure far less vexing.
:evil::oops:
so you've spiked someone before or your friends (whilst in your company) have spiked people? or you are just open to the notion of doing it?:evil::evil::evil:

not impressed...that kinda stuff gets right on my nerves (even if its spiking your own friends as a 'joke', i just think its low class scummy behaviour to be honest)....

i'd suggest you sort yourself out, not be thinking /doing/planning to pull that kinda **** again. as its the total opposite of what clubbing should be about.

PeaceLoveUnityRespect

:evil::oops:
so you've spiked someone before or your friends (whilst in your company) have spiked people? or you are just open to the notion of doing it?:evil::evil::evil:

not impressed...that kinda stuff gets right on my nerves (even if its spiking your own friends as a 'joke', i just think its low class scummy behaviour to be honest)....

i'd suggest you sort yourself out, not be thinking /doing/planning to pull that kinda **** again. as its the total opposite of what clubbing should be about.

PeaceLoveUnityRespect

Nope... Can't remember drugging someone... I upped the dose of some LSD to a buddy once without him knowing but he was being a real pissass with the stuff and I knew if I did not double dip him, he would be a downer for the night as the stuff was kinda weak. Had fun flicking cigarette ashes at each other the rest of the night.

I've probably done worse at some point to strangers though and while I believe I am more mature than that now, I know how I change in the company of friends with baser instincts and a real mean streak.

Basically, I can perfectly believe there are assholes out there f'd up enough to think it's funny to drug someone because, at some point, I can relate to that level of asshole-ness.

Not proud of that really but I don't shy away from the parts of myself I'm not proud of.

Back