Massively detailed Ibiza Review 2012 :)

It's got to be! I don't think there's any way someone could be THAT naive and have so little experience and knowledge of, erm, anything.

Probably the best wind-up thread ever posted on spotlight?:lol::lol::lol:

Is beans a new Buckley creation?

I don't go on this forum much anymore but I promise what I wrote was all true.

im not convinced it was a wind up! he had photos up which matched the story for a time which i saw. someone would have to of gone to a fair bit of effort to get someone elses photo's then write all that. Great thread either way!

That's what I thought. I was (and kind of still am) amazed people accuse me of lying. I wouldn't write all that and write long replies to everyone if I was winding people up.

Only if beans is going, surely!

We are thinking of going on another lads holiday (if i can afford it) in the Summer and it would be a big group (10 people and maybe more). We are trying to find somewhere cheaper than Ibiza and maybe slightly less hot (we still want sun but when it gets over 30 degrees it is too much). So sadly it wont be Ibiza again. Although one day I will probably return.

I didn't buy into the "yay you're awesome" back slapping that followed your first "review" I thought you sounded like a complete mong who shouldn't have been let out his room without supervision never mind let loose in Ibiza. Having read the follow up, one day soon someone will beat the **** out of you and you will become a better person because of it... It normally happens to boys between the ages of 12-17 but you are obviously a late bloomer.

To be honest that is just silly to make assumptions on someone you've never met. I made mistakes but that doesn't really make me a 'mong' or whatever you want to call me. Anyway I think my Ibiza trip does not represent my maturity level, independence etc. In day to day life I don't have as many disaster as you would think really. It was just that trip to Ibiza. Anyway I think in the past few months I have definitely changed and I could never see that sort of thing happening again if I went to Ibiza

Last edited by a moderator:
We are thinking of going on another lads holiday (if i can afford it) in the Summer and it would be a big group (10 people and maybe more). We are trying to find somewhere cheaper than Ibiza and maybe slightly less hot (we still want sun but when it gets over 30 degrees it is too much). So sadly it wont be Ibiza again. Although one day I will probably return.

What month did you go in? Anywhere in the Med is going to be roasting in July/August. If, like me, you'd prefer it not quite so hot, better going June or September.

See you there, Beans! ;)

We are trying to find somewhere cheaper than Ibiza and maybe slightly less hot (we still want sun but when it gets over 30 degrees it is too much).

Madeira may be an option. There are plenty of well-behaved but lively bars and most turn in by 3-4am (unless you're with locals - that's another story !). Taxis and buses are dirt cheap and a Caipirinha is about 3Euros if I remember right from my trip there earlier in the year. There's lots of live music too.

Plus if you want to do some more active things on holiday than lie on a beach the Canyoning is pretty good too - actually some of the best anywhere in the world. Beginner trips are good for anyone fit enough to climb a flight of stairs and give you a taster - everyone I know who's tried it loves it 8). Here's some piccys I took from half way down a 150ft waterfall that trip :

Looking back up to the top :

319791_369279169805408_2093291413_n.jpg

... and looking down to the bottom :

543261_369275953139063_1626408017_n.jpg

.. and if you get bored then go paragliding. I took this just after landing on the beach after a sunset flight off the cliff above :

539556_371451672921491_1360923969_n.jpg

It's definitely not tacky in Madeira. Funchal is one of the nicest towns I know. People there are very well-mannered in an old-fashioned sort of way. You will see a lot of older people but there are plenty of young ones too, with a fair few Germans, Swedish, French, Swiss etc. on holiday either in groups or with their parents. They are mostly the sort of girls you'd be happy to take home to Mum & Dad.

There's rowdier stuff there too but it's not in your face anywhere - I got abducted by a group of Portuguese lads on a stag do walking home with bottles of scotch and Absinthe under their jackets about 3am and found out exactly what naughtiness happens 'after hours' behind closed doors :eek: :spank:.

Just a suggestion.

DJ Postman Patt...

Seeing as bean's Ibiza review thread from earlier this summer has been closed, I thought I'd post a new thread.

Happened to catch the Postman AKA Patt Nazemi DJ last night for a Propaganda event, and have to say as commercial indie DJs go I was pretty impressed!

Really used the mic well got the crowd going (ok, granted, not THAT difficult on the busiest Friday in the clubbing calendar year), and a really eceltic, knowledgable set including a memorable mix of Azealia Banks '212' into 'Seven Nation Army'.

I know this hasn't been commented on in a while but I had to share my 2 cents...

I went to Ibiza last summer for the first time with a group of mates and it was the best time of my life. Granted im a little older than beans (id of been 23 at the time) so im probably a little wiser than he is (no offense, he probably wont read this as he'll be locked up in a Thai prison by now) but there is no excuse for down right ignorance. Your in Ibiza! The most popular clubbing destination in Europe and one of the top 5 in the world, this generally means you will get a varying degree of people and this is what i found made it brilliant. You shouldn't ever judge people on what they look like or sound like, if you have that attitude in all walks of life where is it going to get you? No where or beat up would be my guess.

Me and my mates met a group of scouse lads in one of the bars pretty much on the first day of being there and they were all top lads, told us whats good and whats not so good as they'd been quite a few times before and invited us on a night out with them up the west end. There were 12 of them in all shapes and sizes, some wore vests, some wore Voi and Mckenzie but it made absolutely no odds, what difference does it make what someone wears? None. Had a brilliant night, got separated from the group apart from me and this one ginger guy and we got talked into going into some Irish bar, safe to say when they realised we werent irish we didnt get the warmest of welcomes but i then had a couple of shots, did my finest Keith lemon 'Potato' impression and i fitted right in. To which i then got the piss ripped out of me all night for being German, im not, but being blonde haired and blue eyed, looking the complete opposite to an irishman it was all banter!

Not liking the music also is something I cant relate to, again your in Ibiza, the music is part of what makes the island great! Did you not have a look at what DJ's were playing that matched your tastes before you went? Im heading back out in July and ive already booked the tickets through spotlight for the nights me and my mates want to see, i thought this was common sense... It sounds like he was a bit naive and had Ibiza down as some celebrity hotspot where beautiful people walk around and like on Kevin and Perry go large they don't let you in if your ugly because it really isn't. Yes you get the rich and famous going but that is a tiny percentage of people, the majority are people who are on holiday to relax, party in the sun and have the time of there lives.

I personally cant wait to get back out there this summer. But beans wherever you are, thank you for posting this because its kept me occupied at work when I should be doing actual work for a good hour. If you have a blog, twitter or anything where you post weekly updates about your life, please come back and link us because to hopefully see you wise up to the world would be a wonderful thing :)

"You shouldn't ever judge people on what they look like" please don't apply this rule to me. I prefer to be judged on what i'm wearing than what I do or say, it gives a much better image.

I know this hasn't been commented on in a while but I had to share my 2 cents...

I went to Ibiza last summer for the first time with a group of mates and it was the best time of my life. Granted im a little older than beans (id of been 23 at the time) so im probably a little wiser than he is (no offense, he probably wont read this as he'll be locked up in a Thai prison by now) but there is no excuse for down right ignorance. Your in Ibiza! The most popular clubbing destination in Europe and one of the top 5 in the world, this generally means you will get a varying degree of people and this is what i found made it brilliant. You shouldn't ever judge people on what they look like or sound like, if you have that attitude in all walks of life where is it going to get you? No where or beat up would be my guess.

Me and my mates met a group of scouse lads in one of the bars pretty much on the first day of being there and they were all top lads, told us whats good and whats not so good as they'd been quite a few times before and invited us on a night out with them up the west end. There were 12 of them in all shapes and sizes, some wore vests, some wore Voi and Mckenzie but it made absolutely no odds, what difference does it make what someone wears? None. Had a brilliant night, got separated from the group apart from me and this one ginger guy and we got talked into going into some Irish bar, safe to say when they realised we werent irish we didnt get the warmest of welcomes but i then had a couple of shots, did my finest Keith lemon 'Potato' impression and i fitted right in. To which i then got the piss ripped out of me all night for being German, im not, but being blonde haired and blue eyed, looking the complete opposite to an irishman it was all banter!

Not liking the music also is something I cant relate to, again your in Ibiza, the music is part of what makes the island great! Did you not have a look at what DJ's were playing that matched your tastes before you went? Im heading back out in July and ive already booked the tickets through spotlight for the nights me and my mates want to see, i thought this was common sense... It sounds like he was a bit naive and had Ibiza down as some celebrity hotspot where beautiful people walk around and like on Kevin and Perry go large they don't let you in if your ugly because it really isn't. Yes you get the rich and famous going but that is a tiny percentage of people, the majority are people who are on holiday to relax, party in the sun and have the time of there lives.

I personally cant wait to get back out there this summer. But beans wherever you are, thank you for posting this because its kept me occupied at work when I should be doing actual work for a good hour. If you have a blog, twitter or anything where you post weekly updates about your life, please come back and link us because to hopefully see you wise up to the world would be a wonderful thing :)
Beans is still alive and in good shape. I'm quite different to how I was a year ago being honest and looking back at things now - all I can say is that I was a naive idiot basically. Never got into any difficulties or trouble during my time in Thailand, Malaysia, Cambodia and Vietnam.

I think looking back on things, since it was my first lads holiday and had only gone on nights out close to where I live (generally a pretty safe area) I just imagined the nights would be like that really but on a bigger scale. I just generally have a very different taste in music - I am interested in hip hop but not your typical mainstream hip hop. I've ventured off into discovering lyrical geniuses! But i've never been on nights out with the music I like. The closest I can find is just mainstream hip hop but that isn't really my thing. A lot of the time I tolerate the music but i don't 'love' it when I'm in clubs.

I'm off to University soon so hopefully freshers will be a blast. And next year depending on my money situation, I may be going to another party island (may be not Ibiza though), or if my finances can really let me - perhaps head off back to Asia (china, laos and the Philippines are on my list). Don't have a blog or twitter. Just facebook which I want to keep private.

Good to hear you're still alive and safe - must confess when the recent thread 'Missing' got posted up I did wonder what had become of you too ! ;)

Beans is still alive and in good shape. I'm quite different to how I was a year ago being honest and looking back at things now - all I can say is that I was a naive idiot basically. Never got into any difficulties or trouble during my time in Thailand, Malaysia, Cambodia and Vietnam.

I think looking back on things, since it was my first lads holiday and had only gone on nights out close to where I live (generally a pretty safe area) I just imagined the nights would be like that really but on a bigger scale. I just generally have a very different taste in music - I am interested in hip hop but not your typical mainstream hip hop. I've ventured off into discovering lyrical geniuses! But i've never been on nights out with the music I like. The closest I can find is just mainstream hip hop but that isn't really my thing. A lot of the time I tolerate the music but i don't 'love' it when I'm in clubs.

I'm off to University soon so hopefully freshers will be a blast. And next year depending on my money situation, I may be going to another party island (may be not Ibiza though), or if my finances can really let me - perhaps head off back to Asia (china, laos and the Philippines are on my list). Don't have a blog or twitter. Just facebook which I want to keep private.

How's it going @beans? Last year at Uni now?

I still can't decide if it was a real review...if it is a hoax then fair play someone really nailed their adopted personna!

Back