Make Privilege big again

The British won't listen to any music that isn't in English, with the sole exception of novelty songs they've heard on holiday such as the Macarena, the Ketchup Song etc and even that 'genre' has died over the last decade or two.

As for Privilige hard to see how they can fill it these days. The big name EDM names have got old and EDM is out of fashion, there aren't even many names in Pop and Rock who could fill 10k to an 'international' audience and has someone pointed out it costs a lot to ship all the equipment to Ibiza.

The only time I've seen the place full was for Radio1 weekend, and remains to be seen if Radio1 are even carrying on with that.

Armin filled it virtually every night

Stopped at Privilege today and had a short look from outside.There is a Board which says 2022 they are back. But the building looks like it needs a little refurbishment. A Lot of work ( outside)
Lets see what they do

This is not new ... The building seems abandoned since several years.... After 20 years on the Island, we don't have seen any refurbishment. No Comment !

Stopped at Privilege today and had a short look from outside.There is a Board which says 2022 they are back. But the building looks like it needs a little refurbishment. A Lot of work ( outside)
Lets see what they do
True, I saw that too. Fingers crossed they have a feasible plan in place to kick things off nicely in 2022. As stated, it does need some love prior to opening.

True, I saw that too. Fingers crossed they have a feasible plan in place to kick things off nicely in 2022. As stated, it does need some love prior to opening.
First they need a Lot of money. Same problems with materials in Germany and the Rest of the world , too. Not a good time for built

Agreed, thats a huge problem for all construction, manufacturing too, cars, computing tech etc.. Possibly one of the biggest obstacles once things are up & running again.

Spoke with some craftsmen in a cafe in Ibz. They told me that. Same probs than in Rest of Europe. The things ( wood , Stones ) are very expensive now. That can be a show stopper for Privilege

I saw a DJ who lives on the island post some pictures last weekend of Privilege. It was only of the outside of the dome and there wasn’t much to see, but what you could, it was as he put it “weathered”. A lick of paint and some weeding required to say the least. But who knows what’s going on inside. Or what the current state of play is in the law courts?

I saw a DJ who lives on the island post some pictures last weekend of Privilege. It was only of the outside of the dome and there wasn’t much to see, but what you could, it was as he put it “weathered”. A lick of paint and some weeding required to say the least. But who knows what’s going on inside. Or what the current state of play is in the law courts?
It's sadly the club most at risk I reckon, maintenance bill must be huge!

There was some pictures of it looking a little tired on here if someone can find the link? I'd be gutted personally as it's my favourite club and the most fun to explore with googly eyes 😵‍💫

Edit: Just realised it's in this thread. Nobody needs the daily mail tho

Last edited:
I'd say Privilege is one of the great shames of Ibiza. Being slightly to young to make Manumission etc, the only time I've been with the whole club open and enjoyed it was Resistance. Got dragged to ASOT once or twice but not my thing and felt a bit empty despite it being reasonably full.

Really think they could have made a better use of it or even better use of the space by making it feel a bit smaller in places. Especially with Space shutting felt like a missed opportunity

I'd say Privilege is one of the great shames of Ibiza. Being slightly to young to make Manumission etc, the only time I've been with the whole club open and enjoyed it was Resistance. Got dragged to ASOT once or twice but not my thing and felt a bit empty despite it being reasonably full.

Really think they could have made a better use of it or even better use of the space by making it feel a bit smaller in places. Especially with Space shutting felt like a missed opportunity
absolutely this! even if 2 brands shared the spaces similar to how Abode & Do not sleep did with Amnesia.. anything to draw different crowds in without taking a full leap of faith for one night running it solo

too good of a space to waste

Back