Make Privilege big again

I think the complication with the live music element is the transportation / logistics costs are fairly prohibitive. I know Ibiza Rocks has had challenges with this given how much equipment etc needs to get over to a small island. Not impossible but probably expensive to fill a calendar

We need a similar thread on Es Paradis.

Whatever the action plan may be, main priority should always be to tear of the rooftops. It's amazing what some fresh air can do to human beings
Yeah so long as day time events that finish at 10pm or silent disco... 😗

Understandably reggaeton isn't very popular on here, but, honestly, from a business point of view, whether it's Privilege or Amnesia, there's a reason it makes sense to have one in there once a week and not another night of tech house.

They're well attended and while there's an argument the locals don't tend to spend much behind the bar or stay as late as tourists, having something for the locals is important at a time when lots of people are gunning for the clubs. Public relations and all that

The alternative would be to close for that night or open and not make a profit. What would you do?

I hear Damon Albarn's making a reggaeton record with latino superstar Bad Bunny (I'm not making this up) so maybe there will be more cross-pollination as the scene evolves... although I think the language barrier will prevent it ever really crossing over to non-Spanish markets

I hear Damon Albarn's making a reggaeton record with latino superstar Bad Bunny (I'm not making this up) so maybe there will be more cross-pollination as the scene evolves... although I think the language barrier will prevent it ever really crossing over to non-Spanish markets

The British won't listen to any music that isn't in English, with the sole exception of novelty songs they've heard on holiday such as the Macarena, the Ketchup Song etc and even that 'genre' has died over the last decade or two.

As for Privilige hard to see how they can fill it these days. The big name EDM names have got old and EDM is out of fashion, there aren't even many names in Pop and Rock who could fill 10k to an 'international' audience and has someone pointed out it costs a lot to ship all the equipment to Ibiza.

The only time I've seen the place full was for Radio1 weekend, and remains to be seen if Radio1 are even carrying on with that.

a little off-topic since this is the privilege thread, but as lots of people do mention it, this is my personal take on it:

IMO space ibiza is 'done'. I know they wanna do things but it's tricky and I just know that if they end up doing something, whatever they do, people will always compare to the original space and that is a battle you cannot win.

as much as it hurts, let it be.

any NEW efforts shouldn't be unconnected to the OLD

a little off-topic since this is the privilege thread, but as lots of people do mention it, this is my personal take on it:

IMO space ibiza is 'done'. I know they wanna do things but it's tricky and I just know that if they end up doing something, whatever they do, people will always compare to the original space and that is a battle you cannot win.

Space will always be my place RIP

This is so spot on! Been saying the same for a while. YES it’s exciting that a new space could arrive on the island, but it is just that - a NEW space. As you say, people will always compare and that’s where the problems start!

Amen.

Do the Matures have a stake in Amnesia, in addition to Ushuaia, Hi and Privilege? I noticed amnesia is a significant part of the forthcoming Ushuaia short residency in Mexico.

Back