London riots

Was going to post this in old jokes home but seems it's not a joke ..

"Suspect David Benjamin, 25, claimed he had stolen ski goggles to protect his eyes from flying glass in Ealing" :rolleyes:

If you can't do the time, .....

There was a good article by Danny Wallace in The Sun today about people coming together and showing you that there are some good people in the world

There was a good article by Danny Wallace in The Sun today about people coming together and showing you that there are some good people in the world

I'd like to think that people will be less tolerant of anti social behaviour and more willing to confront it as a community.

People have been terrified for years about the growing intimidation on the streets and in public from groups of anti social youths, but don't know how to confront the problem.

The last few days seem to have changed that and people seem to have found a voice against it. I hope it lasts!!

In one weekend a few years ago I did a citzens arrest on a burglar and all i got in return was a charge of assault from the burglar who later dropped it. I actually was told off by the police (i only wrestled with him, didn't beat him up). Hopefully this will change too!

i'd like to think that people will be less tolerant of anti social behaviour and more willing to confront it as a community.

People have been terrified for years about the growing intimidation on the streets and in public from groups of anti social youths, but don't know how to confront the problem.

The last few days seem to have changed that and people seem to have found a voice against it. I hope it lasts!!

In one weekend a few years ago i did a citzens arrest on a burglar and all i got in return was a charge of assault from the burglar who later dropped it. i actually was told off by the police (i only wrestled with him, didn't beat him up). hopefully this will change too!

8o

In one weekend a few years ago I did a citzens arrest on a burglar and all i got in return was a charge of assault from the burglar who later dropped it. I actually was told off by the police (i only wrestled with him, didn't beat him up). Hopefully this will change too!

Similar experience MARKB but not with a burglar - someone vandalizing a car. Yet when I got assaulted on one occasion the police would not even come out or follow it up. Just a waste of space, really. All that culture has to change if people are to be expected to look out for each other and their communities.

Similar experience MARKB but not with a burglar - someone vandalizing a car. Yet when I got assaulted on one occasion the police would not even come out or follow it up. Just a waste of space, really. All that culture has to change if people are to be expected to look out for each other and their communities.

Its a bit like would you help someone out if they were in trouble? People used to...would they now?

there will be a many more such reports to come I reckon, and a great many people paying a very high price for their "moments of madness".

#

It seems to be a widespread experience. It's a very thin blue line!

Its a bit like would you help someone out if they were in trouble? People used to...would they now?

I hope more people will, it does make a difference!

My Dad used to a lot when I was younger and it definately rubbed off on me.

I've chilled out a lot - I was always jumping into situations - on public transport, in shops, in the street, the missus used to say "here goes Batman again" :lol:.

But like i say, i'm a bit more jaded now and think sometimes standing up for someone else actually makes you look like the nutter.

Plus I'm a little older and know when my mouth is writing cheques my biceps can't pay :lol:

I once confronted a bloke who was attacking a driver on a late bus and the driver called the Police on me - i actually had to run away!

I think i just look like a wrong 'un :oops:

Back