Lily Allen

Lily Allen is pish (much like this thread). I tried to listen to her album once but turned off after about 10 minutes.

Wasn't the Ibiza thing completely unfounded tabloid album-pr?

Shes does ching with her old man??? What??

Can't believe we are seriously having a Lily Allen / Lada Gaga / Pink debate here :lol:

Olly it sounds like you have bought straight into the Lily Allen PR machine "oh but she's sooo coool, she represents what London's about blah blah". And as for quoting "she sold drugs in Ibiza aged 15" - this impresses you? :confused: :lol:

I actually don't mind Lily Allen, I like some of her songs and do think some of the lyrics are cleverly written. But it still boils down to the fact that she's just a manufactured music machine, she has a team behind her hidden from view telling her what to wear, what songs to sing and how to behave.

I haven't got the brain power today to reply to this thread properly... but I'm in general agreement with Dan X. I'm just not buying the "she's so cool" stance. It's what her record company want us to think!

Bleh. :eek:

Olly it sounds like you have bought straight into the Lily Allen PR machine "oh but she's sooo coool, she represents what London's about blah blah".

I believe Olly is merely attempting to stir up some chat. At least I hope he is.

Indeed. You'll never convince me that anything's bettered skiffle!

What you coudl say, is that you've had the Beatles, but I had the stones :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

(I just thought of that in the toilets and literally pegged it back to my desk to write it!!)

hahahahahahahaha

Anyway, enough about my fascination with women....

What you coudl say, is that you've had the Beatles, but I had the stones :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

(I just thought of that in the toilets and literally pegged it back to my desk to write it!!)

hahahahahahahaha

Anyway, enough about my fascination with women....

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

(What was the f88ker caller? The Boxer Rebellion maybe?)

I'm just not buying the "she's so cool" stance. It's what her record company want us to think!
What's that got to do with anything? :confused:
I like her songs and her live performance... really could care less what image her record company sells the tabloids.
But it still boils down to the fact that she's just a manufactured music machine, she has a team behind her hidden from view telling her what to wear, what songs to sing and how to behave.
All artists are 'handled' by their record companies to a certain degree, especially at the beginning of their careers.

Many singers have musicians/producers who help create their sound (we've spoken on here recently of Quincy Jones' importance in Michael Jackson's early career).

As long as the solo artist write most/all of their own lyrics, has input into the music, and performs well, I don't think you would call them "manufactured". Britney Spears is manufactured.

Didn't you say you hated on here once Ms Boo? I'm sure I remember someone countering that it was because she was young and talented:p

Ermmmmmmmmmmm.................................. I'm not sure. I don't think I've ever hated her. I recollect someone saying that though and me responding with "I'm young, pretty and talented too" :lol: Infact she has grown on me a bit since she first came out. I do like her style I must say. Well, not the weird purple stuff she wore at Glastonbury, but her general day to day stuff, when she's mooching about at Goucho's :twisted:

Dan - Garden was really good! So different to Exit :eek: For the main part it was generally just a p1ssup rather than a boshing it out clubbing weekend. We had some great times though with great people. Croatia is a beautiful country. I only got back at 1am last night and I seem to have picked up a cold en route back to England (hoping it's not swine flu! :eek:).

What did you think of it?

Ermmmmmmmmmmm.................................. I'm not sure. I don't think I've ever hated her. I recollect someone saying that though and me responding with "I'm young, pretty and talented too" :lol: Infact she has grown on me a bit since she first came out. I do like her style I must say. Well, not the weird purple stuff she wore at Glastonbury, but her general day to day stuff, when she's mooching about at Goucho's :twisted:

Dan - Garden was really good! So different to Exit :eek: For the main part it was generally just a p1ssup rather than a boshing it out clubbing weekend. We had some great times though with great people. Croatia is a beautiful country. I only got back at 1am last night and I seem to have picked up a cold en route back to England (hoping it's not swine flu! :eek:).

What did you think of it?

We absolutely loved it. Haven't been so in love with a clubbign surrounding since my younger days at Bora Bora. Don't know about you, but we found the crowd really really cool too, very English, but it was all the friendliest bunch you could wish to meet.

Can't wait for next year :D

(and :eek::eek: VERY different to Exit!)

We absolutely loved it. Haven't been so in love with a clubbign surrounding since my younger days at Bora Bora. Don't know about you, but we found the crowd really really cool too, very English, but it was all the friendliest bunch you could wish to meet.

Can't wait for next year :D

(and :eek::eek: VERY different to Exit!)

We felt the same - by the end of the festival we must have been on first name terms with about 40% of the people there :lol: So funny having a drink in Petrcane beforehand greeting everyone "Alright Jon! Hi Bob" etc etc :lol:

The boat parties were great too, did you go on any? We went on the Innervisions one which was awesome, and also the Resident Advisor one, which was good but more chilled.

My only criticism was that I felt the nights were too short! Unless you wanted to go into the club there was nowhere else to go at 2am - bars / restaurants etc. Maybe that was a blessing in disguise though! :lol:

Her performance at Glastonbury really changed my opinion of her

She is STILL a pretty ordinary singer with a weak, thin voice. Her lyrics are still too sneery, a middle class coke head looking down her nose at the rest of us.

As a bloke, I'm really not her target audience (what am I supposed to do when surrounded by thousands of ladies singing along to 'men are $hit' type lyrics?)

BUT, she has a really ace band and a proper pop princess charm. She looks great in a wig and puts on a top show. Her version of Britney's Womanizer had me boshing it up.

We felt the same - by the end of the festival we must have been on first name terms with about 40% of the people there :lol: So funny having a drink in Petrcane beforehand greeting everyone "Alright Jon! Hi Bob" etc etc :lol:

The boat parties were great too, did you go on any? We went on the Innervisions one which was awesome, and also the Resident Advisor one, which was good but more chilled.

My only criticism was that I felt the nights were too short! Unless you wanted to go into the club there was nowhere else to go at 2am - bars / restaurants etc. Maybe that was a blessing in disguise though! :lol:

The boat parties were the best bit (well, the boats or listenign to the daytime lazy groovy stuff our lilos!). We did Faith and Secret Sundaze and they were both awesome. Gla you liked the Innervisions one, that was what I was expecting to miss the most.

We did barbarellas once on the last night which was a Faith do (and the biggest one of the 4 nights) and it was brilliant but enough.

Aside from the 2 rollovers we did we thought it was nice to finish early and be able to have the full sleep and get up early and have a day on the beach or wherever.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a bloke, I'm really not her target audience (what am I supposed to do when surrounded by thousands of ladies singing along to 'men are $hit' type lyrics?)

Come on mate get in touch with your feminine side and dance round your handbag ;)

every forum - people saying how amazing croatia was

aaaaggghhhhh! was supposed to go over aug bank holiday but can't now

:(

*I have a ticket for electric elephant for sale if anyone's interested

Well then tend to be the only ones carrying handbags mate.

John are you coming out as a man bag kinda guy? ;) :lol:
Funny you should ask!
I'm invited to a big art gallery party next week where people have to dress in early 90's Novy Russky (New Russian) gangster style... i.e., for guys, burgundy or green velvet blazers or track suits, gold chains, and man purses!

Funny you should ask!
I'm invited to a big art gallery party next week where people have to dress in early 90's Novy Russky (New Russian) gangster style... i.e., for guys, burgundy or green velvet blazers or track suits, gold chains, and man purses!

Good stuff mate get yourself deck out in Adidas from head to toe!

I have never seen what a man purse is about, Shirley thats why god gave us pockets in our jeans! ;)

Back