Lily Allen

You almost had me there :lol: Phew

Her songs are moderately witty tho her best is no better than a stannard Streets album track.

I'll stick my neck out and say she is actually a c*nt. I don't get worked up about it, don't storm out of shops screaming withe may hands over the ears if Smile comes on the PA, but she is, and always will be, a grade A, no questions asked, c*nt.

Why you may ask? Well aside from aforementioned accidental leaked the whole selling of E at 15, an apparance of liking the Clash (I Fought The Law no doubt her ring tone) etc, but when the dust settles, all is said and done, a detailed analysis of her vocal performances undertaken, books written on the historical influences and cultural deliberations prescribed in her lyrics that will keep generations enterrtwined etc she is, and always will be the spawn of one of the genuinely middle of middle class abhorrent human beings on the planet.

And she looks like one of my exes pals that was a real whopper of a twat.

I applaud her for not going full on with the "I am product of the ghetto" act that you'd expect, IMO she can be criedited for single handidly bought nice dresses back into fashion (esp for non skinny types), and her latest song about her fella not doing too well in bed is pretty innovative (cf Poker face)...but call me narrow minded but I will just never see her without thinking the Friday pullout on the Evening Stannard, her doing chisel with her old man in the Groucho club, get paid silly money for something by the BBC because of her links and percieved fame and all sorts of other detached from reality stuff wealthy North London ruling types do.

Or something.

haha

Funnily, I take the exact opposite view - I don't associate her with C*nt London at all! I think she parodies aspects of it - the mockney, the coke, the friends etc but she stands out for me precisely because unlike the rest, she remains unaffected - of course, I'm going on the image, I don't know her in person and I could be completely wrong but she projects really well on TV. As for the music - I'm never going to compare her to the heavyweight likes of alison goldfrapp or bjork or roisin murphy or kate bush who I don't consider pop at all and who I revere in a completely different way. Purely in a pop context, I think she's great and funny and different to the massed ranks of ITV clones who make listening to mainstream radio so depressing

I listen to them every day. She's played here, EVERY day. And fine, she makes her social commentary, but I just think its all been said before. I think so many people have started to say what we're all thinking that we no longer need one person to stand up and voice it like some, revolutionary, because we all know whats what and we enjoy whats what for what it is. Ie: We enjoy pop music for what it is. It might be like, mindless trash, but we enjoy it for that. It doesn't HAVE to be smart because society can openly talk about the mainstreams dumbness now because we have all allready been exposed to it.

And having said that, I don't think the Pussy Cat Dolls etc are stupid. As people and I'm sure they're aware of all the consensus surrounding them.

The song 'fear', should be a spoken POEM, not a pop song. As a POEM, I would have more respect for it.

See, to me, Lilly Allen has NO x-factor. The pussycat dolls do, they have TALENT. As singers, they have GOOD voices, they dont sound like nagging little children.

Lilly Allen to me is just, annoying. Its like "shut up about how ****ed up everything is and stop trying to be a smart ass and ****ing enjoy something for once instead of sooking about it"...

Pussy Cat Dolls... All I can say is meow ;)

+1 on the pop music they just dont make it like they used too do they! Then again when we are all old farts the kids of today will be moaning about how no one makes tunes like Pink / katy Perry / lilly Allen any more.

I think we were just spoilt with the likes of Queen and Rod Stewart tbf.

I listen to them every day. She's played here, EVERY day. And fine, she makes her social commentary, but I just think its all been said before. I think so many people have started to say what we're all thinking that we no longer need one person to stand up and voice it like some, revolutionary, because we all know whats what and we enjoy whats what for what it is. Ie: We enjoy pop music for what it is. It might be like, mindless trash, but we enjoy it for that. It doesn't HAVE to be smart because society can openly talk about the mainstreams dumbness now because we have all allready been exposed to it.

And having said that, I don't think the Pussy Cat Dolls etc are stupid. As people and I'm sure they're aware of all the consensus surrounding them.

The song 'fear', should be a spoken POEM, not a pop song. As a POEM, I would have more respect for it.

See, to me, Lilly Allen has NO x-factor. The pussycat dolls do, they have TALENT. As singers, they have GOOD voices, they dont sound like nagging little children.

Lilly Allen to me is just, annoying. Its like "shut up about how ****ed up everything is and stop trying to be a smart ass and ****ing enjoy something for once instead of sooking about it"...

Well what are songs if not poems set to music?

I hadn't actually read anything you said til I threw my eyes over this! :eek::lol:

Jesus man, now I see what all the fuss is about!

It's completely fine for you to see pop from a completely different (and understandable and legitimate) angle.... but I really think we're oing to have to start form the beginning with this one.

The pussycat dolls do, they have TALENT. As singers, they have GOOD voices

Christ :eek:

Are you kidding??? what on earth does Pussy Cat Dolls bring to pop? they are properly manufactured and are completely about eye candy to men to sell records.

Now i know that what you write is just to rile people up - i cant believe you even compare Pussy Cat Dolls to Lily Allen!

Are you kidding??? what on earth does Pussy Cat Dolls bring to pop? they are properly manufactured and are completely about eye candy to men to sell records.

Now i know that what you write is just to rile people up - i cant believe you even compare Pussy Cat Dolls to Lily Allen!

:lol::lol:

Can you class Pussy Cat Dolls as a group when that Nicole bird does EVERYTHING anyway and makes the others look like puppets who cant sing?

:lol::lol:

Can you class Pussy Cat Dolls as a group when that Nicole bird does EVERYTHING anyway and makes the others look like puppets who cant sing?

Everyone knows she is basically "the band" - so no i wouldnt call them a "band" but i dont take any notice of them anyway.

I just dont understnad why she doesnt go solo and why she had to have a band to compete in the pop world??? is it because she is just pointless when she is on her own like a kettle with no plug?

Oh and FTR, anyone who believes Lily Allen made her career herself on Myspace - it's reality time. She makes good pop, witty in places. If her dad was a milkman from Basildon you only had a 2% chance of ever hearing of her.

She's about as street Prince Harry.

I've found myself, for the 2nd time in recent memory, agreeing with Olly. It is a strange world. :lol: ;)

I put Lily Allen's 2 albums on the iPod before heading off to the Exit Festival (along with material from the other main stage acts with whom I wasn't too familiar).

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. Her lyrics are witty and engaging, the songs well-produced and musically interesting, and she's got a great voice. I'm not big into the pop scene these days (I abhor Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, etc, etc...) but I was well impressed, enough so to listen to both albums a couple of times.

Fast-forward to the Exit Festival and the young lady put on a very very good show. Strong live voice and solid band in tow. More than able performance all around.

Dan X and I had this discussion down in Serbia - can you separate your impression of the human being from your respect for them as a performer/musician? I can (example I gave was Morrissey). I have no real view of Allen as a person.

Indeed. You'll never convince me that anything's bettered skiffle!

It's alright for you, when you could go to Knebworth, my theatre was the childs booster seat in the back of my dad's ford Sierra driving to watch my older brother play in the U7's sunday team (musically hacyon days though they were)

If her dad was a milkman from Basildon you only had a 2% chance of ever hearing of her.
Is that a Depeche Mode reference? :lol:

I don't really care where she came from, or if daddy helped get her demo on the desk of some A&R guy, as long as she's talented.

I've seen plenty of no-talent pop stars come and go because some sugardaddy helped them get a producer and record an album.

I've found myself, for the 2nd time in recent memory, agreeing with Olly. It is a strange world. :lol: ;)

I put Lily Allen's 2 albums on the iPod before heading off to the Exit Festival (along with material from the other main stage acts with whom I wasn't too familiar).

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. Her lyrics are witty and engaging, the songs well-produced and musically interesting, and she's got a great voice. I'm not big into the pop scene these days (I abhor Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, etc, etc...) but I was well impressed, enough so to listen to both albums a couple of times.

Fast-forward to the Exit Festival and the young lady put on a very very good show. Strong live voice and solid band in tow. More than able performance all around.

Dan X and I had this discussion down in Serbia - can you separate your impression of the human being from your respect for them as a performer/musician? I can (example I gave was Morrissey). I have no real view of Allen as a person.

what was the other? :eek::D

Is that a Depeche Mode reference? :lol:

I don't really care where she came from, or if daddy helped get her demo on the desk of some A&R guy, as long as she's talented.

I've seen plenty of no-talent pop stars come and go because some sugardaddy helped them get a producer and record an album.

Was Gore's dad a milkie?:lol:

(It wasn't intended but I guess they could be an example of 2% that might make it out of there without help)

Once N/A got involved, it was bound to get ugly :lol:

l_574bb7fcc52e4d70903569a34f863d0d.jpg

:lol:

Back