J-Lo going all eurodancy!

A lot of his following (To which I don't count myself, by the way) like him for his older stuff, and cling on to him because they know no other way.

My flat mate loves his new stuff, but he much prefers the pop and cheese kind of house that he plays now. I'd go see him at Privilege, but I go for the experience, rather than to see him.

Is the club actually ever close to capacity on any of the other nights it's open?

anyone else noticed that every pop act these days goes for that pop dance sound? Realised Guetta's produced songs were so succesful and now they are trying to follow

i have to disagree with whoever said Tiesto was house, i read in Dj Mag that he classes himself as a house dj now, but he's definitely not. Guetta classes himself as house too even though he is a cheesy pop dj.

As for that new Tiesto & Busta Rhymes track, Yuk.

Rhianna is just another manufactured pop artist pretending to be a cool original star, yeah she's easy on the eye & most the population 'would' but as long as she doesn't sing it's all good ;)

Gaga is another manufactured star pretending to be cool and edgy, but is just plain boring.

There are a lot of these new 'urban' artists who are just pop tossers in disguise, Plan B, Dizzie Rascal, Incy Tynchy Spider or whatever the tw@'s call themselves, just a load of boring rubbish.

i have to disagree with whoever said Tiesto was house, i read in Dj Mag that he classes himself as a house dj now, but he's definitely not. Guetta classes himself as house too even though he is a cheesy pop dj.

As for that new Tiesto & Busta Rhymes track, Yuk.

Rhianna is just another manufactured pop artist pretending to be a cool original star, yeah she's easy on the eye & most the population 'would' but as long as she doesn't sing it's all good ;)

Gaga is another manufactured star pretending to be cool and edgy, but is just plain boring.

There are a lot of these new 'urban' artists who are just pop tossers in disguise, Plan B, Dizzie Rascal, Incy Tynchy Spider or whatever the tw@'s call themselves, just a load of boring rubbish.

I'm with you brother, lady gaga and that meat dress, toal sh**e.
And rhianna should be arrested by the music police for that god awful whiny "umbrella".

i also want to add pretend rapper Example to that list too, what a load of tosh! Oh and Professor Green, more pop nonsense!

AAAHHH! There's fooking loads of them, i didn't realise til i started to list them!

Andy: What genre you place Tiesto in, then?

He doesn't do complete Trance sets, or complete house sets.

He seems to be the first stop for people who don't know much about dance music (not saying this applies to Ikoda ;)), same as Oasis or The Killers are the first stop for people who don't know much about guitar music. They just want to hear/see something that fills up a stadium.

Do I win the Olly sponsored music snob of the day award?

Actually... some of the artists you've mentioned there aren't manufactured popstars, but rather came up through the scene on their own merit. Dizzee Rascal for example, used to MC in loads of the Garage/Grime events in Bow/Plaistow (East London). I remember seeing him way back in the day advertised on flyers, he then got his chance at fame through Roll Deep crew, I believe. Ok, so now he's top of the charts and probably has lost a bit of his underground cred, but I can't believe anyone from a Bow council estate would turn down their chance at making millions just to retain their "creativity".

All famous people have sold out at some point, from Danny Krivit to Sven Vath to Oakey... whoever your favourite DJ is, the fact they probably are your favourite means they have sold their soul at some point ;)

oh and BTW I LOVE Gaga... Google some of her Youtube videos, she is amazingly talented. Yes she releases pop anthems probably to make money, but there's a highly creative person underneath the "popstar".

Oh, and Professor Green used to sell weed to my friends, hence the name "Green". He's actually from Woodford, not the Hackney ghetto as he claims!

Actually... some of the artists you've mentioned there aren't manufactured popstars, but rather came up through the scene on their own merit. Dizzee Rascal for example, used to MC in loads of the Garage/Grime events in Bow/Plaistow (East London). I remember seeing him way back in the day advertised on flyers, he then got his chance at fame through Roll Deep crew, I believe. Ok, so now he's top of the charts and probably has lost a bit of his underground cred, but I can't believe anyone from a Bow council estate would turn down their chance at making millions just to retain their "creativity".

All famous people have sold out at some point, from Danny Krivit to Sven Vath to Oakey... whoever your favourite DJ is, the fact they probably are your favourite means they have sold their soul at some point ;)

oh and BTW I LOVE Gaga... Google some of her Youtube videos, she is amazingly talented. Yes she releases pop anthems probably to make money, but there's a highly creative person underneath the "popstar".

I think you're right.

Gaga is a strange one. I find myself getting really annoyed with her (her music is $hit) - but then I needn't listen to it and bother having an opinion so she must've affected me on some level.

Agree she's amazingly talented as a Burlesque style pianist/cabaret performer...but it's this vs sellout global appeal and she does use her fame in a great way.

Fact is - mainstream is always $hite and anyone criticising Lady Gaga with a serious muso head on (like me) is wasting their energy. :lol: :oops:

She's not a singer, or a musician - she's more of a cultural icon shrouded in mystery...and love her or not, they'll be wheeling her out till she's 80.

Fact is - mainstream is always $hite and anyone criticising Lady Gaga with a serious muso head on (like me) is wasting their energy. :lol: :oops:

She's not a singer, or a musician - she's more of a cultural icon shrouded in mystery...and love her or not, they'll be wheeling her out till she's 80.

See I disagree Rob... I think she is a musician, an incredibly talented one at that. I think she's just being business savvy at the moment and playing out this "cultural icon" act as she knows it will generate headlines and record sales.
Madonna done exactly the same thing in her heydey, continuously re-inventing herself and getting headlines in the media. Although Gaga has more talent in her little finger than Madonna could ever dream of!

I predict in a few years once Gaga has reached the fame she wants, she'll tone down the "weird" side and start actually releasing music she wants to release.

I.e less "Telephone" feat Beyonce and more "Speechless" (Google it if you've not heard it ;))

See I disagree Rob... I think she is a musician, an incredibly talented one at that. I think she's just being business savvy at the moment and playing out this "cultural icon" act as she knows it will generate headlines and record sales.
Madonna done exactly the same thing in her heydey, continuously re-inventing herself and getting headlines in the media. Although Gaga has more talent in her little finger than Madonna could ever dream of!

I predict in a few years once Gaga has reached the fame she wants, she'll tone down the "weird" side and start actually releasing music she wants to release.

I.e less "Telephone" feat Beyonce and more "Speechless" (Google it if you've not heard it ;))

Love those tracks on the re-released album!! Once again (think I am repeating myself here) I have to say that she is a great performer, love her or hate her, she sings, dances, plays instruments - she does more then some of the people in the charts right now. I challenge anyone to go to her show to not enjoy themselves or be impressed at how hard she works.

Love those tracks on the re-released album!! Once again (think I am repeating myself here) I have to say that she is a great performer, love her or hate her, she sings, dances, plays instruments - she does more then some of the people in the charts right now. I challenge anyone to go to her show to not enjoy themselves or be impressed at how hard she works.

Agree 100%

Bl00dy Cheryl Cole making millions from being a "musician" - do me a favour! My cat can sing better than her :rolleyes: :lol:

Edit: and dance better too

Agree 100%

Bl00dy Cheryl Cole making millions from being a "musician" - do me a favour! My cat can sing better than her :rolleyes: :lol:

EXACTLY!! I was going to use her as an example - she would last only 3 songs (if that) the way Gaga performs them - she really blew me away I have to say. Cheryl cant even sing and dance live on the X Factor :rolleyes::lol:

the people pulling the strings at Gaga HQ knew that there was a gap in the kooky sexbomb market because Madge got too old, Xtina was too trashy, alison goldfrapp/bjork too leftfield and kate bush too retired - so they came up with a 'global phenomenon' which amalgamated all of the above with a liberal sprinkling of debbie harry on top et voila

Back