impressions & observations from ibiza 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that the noise will be an inconvenience and that DC10 probably are pushing it, but this sort of complaint is akin to someone buying a house next to a football ground because it's a great price, but then complaining about the football. There are loads of options for quiet places to live in Ibiza, DC10's location isn't one of them
No it’s not. It’s akin to someone building a football ground next to your house. Why the hell should the neighbours move because DC10 are taking the piss?! Maybe DC10 should start behaving like a responsible neighbour, move or be forced to move into one of those quiet places where there is no one around.

And the people that lived there before DC10 came along? Their fault too right?
Absolutely. Some of the comments on this thread are so arrogant or ignorant. It’s no wonder some of the residents get pissed off. We all know what DC10 are like. They run a great night on a Monday imo, but they behave like the nob heads that attend on a Wednesday (sorry JJ fans!)

Last edited:
No it’s not. It’s akin to someone building a football ground next to your house. Why the hell should the neighbours move because DC10 are taking the piss?! Maybe DC10 should start behaving like a responsible neighbour, move or be forced to move into one of those quiet places where there is no one around.
Where did I say the neighbours should move? If these people moved there while the club was there, it is akin to the example I quoted, but who knows. Who cares...not sure why people are so angry about this, weird. Do we want Ibiza back to it's party days or not?

Absolutely. Some of the comments on this thread are so arrogant or ignorant. It’s no wonder some of the residents get pissed off. We all know what DC10 are like. They run a great night on a Monday imo, but they behave like the nob heads that attend on a Wednesday (sorry JJ fans!)
Also, what difference does a Monday or a Wednesday make? Because you don't like Paradise? (which has moved to Amnesia). Noise is noise

Reading all the above, and also based on our impressions and conversations with locals and visitors of both 2020 and 2021, it really sounds like the days of Ibiza being THE clubbing mecca are over.

We'll likely just go there for some nice beaches and food, and maybe the odd party.
been saying this for a while also. such a small charming island but to run clubbing on the scale it has done will of always been in the balance.. residents and parties sharing the same space and if their is no common ground / respect found residents will end up conquering! the committees are not going to be led by some young party goer who couldn't give a shit about noise levels

DC10 have rocked the boat for a long time now

Where did I say the neighbours should move? If these people moved there while the club was there, it is akin to the example I quoted, but who knows. Who cares...not sure why people are so angry about this, weird. Do we want Ibiza back to it's party days or not?
Where you said ‘There are loads of options for quiet places to live in Ibiza’.

I won’t speak for anyone else, but I’d like Ibiza to go back to its party days while being considerate of its residents. I have no interest in partying or going anywhere the locals don’t welcome me.

Except that the house was originally built next to a noisy airport (and planes were WAY noisier back in the day!!)
What house? We are talking about a club and it’s impact on local residents. Not an airport. By residents we are talking about those living miles away.

^^ stupid comment of the day... well done Nobbie, bravo!

Of course you'd be against my post. Almost all your posts are against nightlife so it's obvious you have a bias against nightlife on the island. Not surprised at all!

Maybe the residents are happy lining up for food banks and losing out on the millions of Euros me and everyone else bring to this Island?

I'm not backing down on my comments. Again, the clubs have been closed for so long, they should allow some latitude. This damn site has subforums dedicated to partying and you sell tickets too.

Maybe the residents are happy lining up for food banks and losing out on the millions of Euros me and everyone else bring to this Island?

Seriously??

Why should clubbers bringing money to the island mean carte blanche to treat the residents and the island itself however they like? There should be a balance somewhere? We want to preserve certain things as they are without ruining the whole place? Or no?

Seriously??

Why should clubbers bringing money to the island mean carte blanche to treat the residents and the island itself however they like? There should be a balance somewhere? We want to preserve certain things as they are without ruining the whole place? Or no?

The residents just need the west end demolished

Seriously??

Sound until 11-12 is hardly 'ruining' the place.

Look, it's clear the rules have been tightening up year after year and this pandemic is just an excuse to eradicate nightlife altogether. You guys can act like the Florida style retirement holidays makes you happy, but we all truly want clubbing back!

DC10 have taken the piss for years, from being a 'pizza restaurant' in the 90s, with low capacity licenses and like you say more recently the garden opened and many times the garden went beyond the permitted hours. Lets not forget it is a Monday night, so if you are in the area and have very loud music on a Monday night at gone midnight in an open air space it is a problem.

Even as clubbers they have heavily gone over 'safe' capacity which many on here complain of. I do love the club but they don't help themselves.

Many residents will have been there long before DC10 is what it is today.
👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back