impressions & observations from ibiza 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing devils advocate, I think people have probably got used to the quiet of the last 2 years, quite enjoyed it, and now it is a shock that the 'noise' is back. Was DC10 any louder than it used to be normally? Did they used to get complaints before? or is it just highlighted more now that it is one of the only clubs opening? Maybe I'm just being ignorant to the situation, so apologies in advance if so....

In addition, "it was found that there was once again a generalized breach of the mandatory nature of the mask

My observation was this is happening in general... Just easy I guess to pick out DC10

Also its probably so obvious now the music playing to the residents. A bit like living close to an airport you are stunned to see a plane flying it seems so unusual.

^^ stupid comment of the day... well done Nobbie, bravo!
the astonishing arrogance of this post... it's people's home too you know. it isn't just a playground for random Canadian clubbers who know fk all about the island
This forum is visited mostly by people that love Ibiza because of the parties and the clubs, not because of the sound of the crickets when it's silent. I think Nobbies reaction is understandable since we are all wanting club culture to come back to the island....and then he gets attacked like this, even by a moderator....weird.

If clubbers want ibiza to remain a place where parties are sustainable then there needs to be a level of respect for the island, the inhabitants and it's environment. The locals aren't necessarily complaining about the club being open and operational, but the loud music being played outside in the garden causing noise pollution late at night. Noise really carries on the island remember hearing Benimusa Park for cocoon closing in 2019 from really what I considered to be a long way away.

This forum is visited mostly by people that love Ibiza because of the parties and the clubs, not because of the sound of the crickets when it's silent. I think Nobbies reaction is understandable since we are all wanting club culture to come back to the island....and then he gets attacked like this, even by a moderator....weird.

look, others can discuss decibel levels. that's not for me to comment on.

and hey guess what, not everyone on this forum is like you either. (thankfully, as we found out last year...)

my main objection was to the bit at the end.

"You guys live in Ibiza FFS"

the implication being that all locals should shut up or fk off. it's just this arrogance that puts so many backs up.

Mate of mine was at Cova Santa on Sunday, said they were shut down at midnight by the police. I wonder if that was possibly for noise?

Dc10 is there since 99 playing music every season ( except 20 ) in the garden, so why are they complaining especially now ? Or there was always problems with dc10? Even in the past? ( lets say 5-10years ago ?) Its only question, i understsnd both sides.

Clubs have been closed and economically deprived for 2 years now, these residents can cut them some slack. You guys live in Ibiza FFS
I would imagine the majority of residents pre date the arrival of DC10, the clubs and club culture. While all that has been there for over 30 years, it’s still been foisted upon them and I can understand their annoyance, especially with music after midnight and the residual nonsense it brings. It must be a bloody nightmare. The flip is the positive economic impact and opportunities for young people. I still can’t understand why the music is being heard 5km away, there have to be better ways of managing this. I presume it is the garden they are complaining about? I live a similar distance from my town and never hear anything from there when at home, despite numerous big events taking place in and outside. I also don’t hear OBC when wandering round San Antonio or Ushuaia when in PDB. Unfortunately for residents, the cat has been out of the bag for over three decades and they and club culture need to learn to coexist better, unless the authorities do aim and manage to eradicate it and change the tourist profile.

Last edited:
Dc10 is there since 99 playing music every season ( except 20 ) in the garden, so why are they complaining especially now ? Or there was always problems with dc10? Even in the past? ( lets say 5-10years ago ?) Its only question, i understsnd both sides.
See above. Most residents have been there a lot longer than DC10 or any club. There has always been anti club culture dissent from many residents, it’s not new and it’s entirely understandable imo. The way DC10 operated was so bad that it was shut down for an entire season not so long back, and that followed several instances where they had been shut down for odd weeks here and there. They have form for not being a good neighbour and inconsiderate. Just look at how they treated their own customers last week. But mention anything and you don’t get an answer, you just get ignored and blocked on social media. They are arrogant beyond belief. It’s a shame, I love the venue and Monday’s there.

We are in an age now where open air clubs etc are a thing of the past and open air events/noise is more heavily regulated. You are right that DC10 has been going for years but i think the garden is relatively new? Last 5 years or so and always used to finish at 11? Were they taking the piss going on until later? They have done this in the past with closings etc...

Also have to remember it is a Monday night, so not the weekend, and that the season has normally been over for a month already...its not the summer anymore and you have kids going to school/people going to work in the morning after all this...

DC10 have taken the piss for years, from being a 'pizza restaurant' in the 90s, with low capacity licenses and like you say more recently the garden opened and many times the garden went beyond the permitted hours. Lets not forget it is a Monday night, so if you are in the area and have very loud music on a Monday night at gone midnight in an open air space it is a problem.

Even as clubbers they have heavily gone over 'safe' capacity which many on here complain of. I do love the club but they don't help themselves.

Many residents will have been there long before DC10 is what it is today.

It's a combo of all the factors mentioned already plus increased media scrutiny.

DC10 have been pushing it, but they're probably also thinking, they only have 3 dates and need to show they mean business. I think, assuming next summer is near normal, they will rein it in a bit - and so too will the residents

It's very flat and undeveloped around the airport, so sound travels better don't forget

It's very flat and undeveloped around the airport, so sound travels better don't forget
Good point I just thought of. AT least in PDB you have the hotels and other buildings to contain some of the sound of Ushuaia etc. There is nothing around DC10 so the wind will carry the sound a very long way, in all directions

DC10 Policy about No pictures Videos is Bollocks as people on dj booth make vidéos..and at à point they cant halt anyone except for tvose flash on..less caméra in the air as octan whege there is à form sayin No photo/vidéos it kills the vibes but less strict thzn dc10 and at Cova santa they are very strict too (only people in dj boothe is not annoyed by security)

Sarah an ibz spotlight membre open à shot in carré de la virgen 19,Fanstastico wavefans i monnaie buy some tonight à harbor (Bitches please?Tune..)

Its smell weed around Kart circuit b4 heading to the egg,is this me or TRUE?

Spotlight tix purchasing dont work in ibz with paypal option on my cellphone that dont show the buttons paypal, weird it works home n always buy with paypal. I paid with my card (that need confirmation in logging to my bank account to valid payment) .i get a mail far later and get refunded,i will rétry later for Éden Zoo project..

Last edited:
I understand that the noise will be an inconvenience and that DC10 probably are pushing it, but this sort of complaint is akin to someone buying a house next to a football ground because it's a great price, but then complaining about the football. There are loads of options for quiet places to live in Ibiza, DC10's location isn't one of them

Last edited:
I understand that the noise will be an inconvenience and that DC10 probably are pushing it, but this sort of complaint is akin to someone buying a hose next to a football ground because it's a great price, but then complaining about the football. There are loads of options for quiet places to live in Ibiza, DC10's location isn't one of them

And the people that lived there before DC10 came along? Their fault too right?

Reading all the above, and also based on our impressions and conversations with locals and visitors of both 2020 and 2021, it really sounds like the days of Ibiza being THE clubbing mecca are over.

We'll likely just go there for some nice beaches and food, and maybe the odd party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back