im gonna vote for...........

Morbyd said:
It's funny... I hear a lot of crap about Russia's privatization period in the 1990s, especially from liberal people in the UK - "how did so few people get so rich? they must be crooks! why didn't the average Joe (who sat at home on his butt) make a lot of money on Russia's industrial wealth instead of those few (who took risks and used the system to their advantage)"

But I'm wondering... did any of you "average Joes" benefit from the mass privatizations in the UK under the Thatcher Torries? I haven't met anyone who has :rolleyes:

Oh yes, we all benefited!!!

The railways for instance!!

cheap, efficient, on time, you can always get a seat, cancellations are a word of the past!!

much better than in France or Spain where the railways are largely still nationalised!! ;)

I mean what's that TGV all about??? Give me the inter-city 125 anyday!!!

chewie_oo7 said:
i think u will find that it was a recession that affected the whole world, which if i remember rightly, the UK was creeping out of come 1997.
Actually, the US had a recession in 1990-92 (under Bush senior) and 2001-2002 (under Bush junior). In between, under Clinton, we had the longest economic expansion since they began keeping records.

Barbie said:
Me and Tom are going this evening after work and be responsible upstanding members of the community :eek: :lol: Maybe have a little sniff after we've ticked our box :lol:

where's yr polling station.

the booth u use might end up resembling the queue for the solitary Gents cubicle in Space. :lol:

jjinit said:
The railways for instance!!

cheap, efficient, on time, you can always get a seat, cancellations are a word of the past!!

much better than in France or Spain where the railways are largely still nationalised!! ;)

I mean what's that TGV all about??? Give me the inter-city 125 anyday!!!

:lol:

our railways are crap, face it. Prob the biggest privatisation fook up on the planet.

but after 8yrs has Labour done anything about it?

:?: :rolleyes:

Drew said:
chewie_oo7 said:

You beat me to that one :lol:

our roads are a joke. theres no common sense in any of the roadworks that happen.

why cant they just close the section of road off and do ALL the work at the same time, instead of a half arsed "we'll leave 1 lane open, while the boys have their 50th tea break".

prob more time spent laying down cones than tarmac.

chewie_oo7 said:
jjinit said:
and stick a red rose on it!!!

and the word "NEW"

thing what grates me with the red lot is u just dont know what theyre up to.

they say certain things have improved and stick a sheet of figures under yr nose, when u know first hand they aint.

:x

But Howard's a scary guy...anyone read Johann Hari's comment in the Independent yesterday? Apart from his immigration "policies", he'd cut methodone for addicts, forcing more out onto the streets,; and regards the Stephen Lawrence investigation as political correctness gone mad, or some such nonsense... :eek:

I hope for everyones sake he dosn't get in.

Having said that, I couldn't, in all conscience, vote Labour after everything that's happened this term, not to mention their enthusiasm for ID cards, which sounds like the thin end of the wedge to me...

synchronicity said:
But Howard's a scary guy...anyone read Johann Hari's comment in the Independent yesterday? Apart from his immigration "policies", he'd cut methodone for addicts, forcing more out onto the streets,; and regards the Stephen Lawrence investigation as political correctness gone mad, or some such nonsense... :eek:

Yeah, but i also read that he plans to clone keira knightly on a mass scale, are you still so unsure?

im not against id cards at all, if it makes britain safer then im for it, those with nowt to hide have nowt to fear!!! ;)

jjinit said:
im not against id cards at all, if it makes britain safer then im for it, those with nowt to hide have nowt to fear!!! ;)

here here.

those who are against them, i feel have something to hide...

Drew said:
synchronicity said:

Yeah, but i also read that he plans to clone keira knightly on a mass scale, are you still so unsure?

Howard it is then!! :eek: :lol: :lol:

chewie_oo7 said:
jjinit said:

here here.

I haven't got anything to hide, it just feels like an incursion of civil liberties...

synchronicity said:
chewie_oo7 said:
jjinit said:

here here.

I haven't got anything to hide, it just feels like an incursion of civil liberties...

Don't worry, I dont think they will be able to tell that you have done Rachel Thomas on there!! ;)

synchronicity said:
it just feels like an incursion of civil liberties...

whats the diffrence between a card that tells people who you really are and say your passport/driving license/credit card?

are they an incursion into your "civil liberties"?

chewie_oo7 said:

Like what? Renationalize it or overregulate it? :lol: Both are very non-Torry solutions :lol:

chewie_oo7 said:
our roads are a joke. theres no common sense in any of the roadworks that happen.
Hate to tell you, but that's how they do roads everywhere in the West (at least, that's how they do in the States).

Here they just shut the road down and cause massive traffic jams and inconvenient detours... I prefer the gradual lane-by-lane approach.

chewie_oo7 said:
whats the diffrence between a card that tells people who you really are and say your passport/driving license/credit card?
I agree... just sounds like a standardized driver's license-type i.d. to me. I think they should do that in the States instead of 50-odd different designs.

Morbyd said:
Here they just shut the road down and cause massive traffic jams and inconvenient detours... I prefer the gradual lane-by-lane approach.

i just wish they concentrated on the ones that do need the work, and work to get it done as quick as poss, even if it means working on it 24hrs.

another thing id like to have is 4 lane motorways where HGVs can only use 2 lanes, and make it illegal to overtake on uphill stretches of dual carraigeways and 3 lane motorways.

its not the lack of roads, too much volume, its cos too many people driving badly.

possible solution. make test harder. make people re-test every 10years.

if ure incapable of driving, u shouldnt be allowed to. 8)

jjinit said:
synchronicity said:
chewie_oo7 said:
jjinit said:

here here.

Don't worry, I dont think they will be able to tell that you have done Rachel Thomas on there!! ;)

Haha! I knew that was gonna come up...! Maybe I have got something to hide after all...!

Back