Im finally going to Berlin!

Nice to see you posting, Barbie :D:D

Sounds like you had a gr8 time, any pics?

I am going next week with a group of geezers I used to play football with. I have a sinking feeling that unless I go alone, I won't be seeing the inside of Berghain/Panorama Bar:cry: I will have to try hard to get a couple of the guys to drop the lairy lad stuff:D

Hello :lol:

There are Berlin pics on my Facebook but none from Panorama as no cameras appears to be the only rule that seems to be enforced in the place - the only time we saw any security action was with someone using a camera phone and a bloke behind the bar jumped about 5 foot in the air over the bar to take it off them :lol:

You MUST MUST MUST go to Panorama - Berlin in itself is just ace but Panorama just takes the trip to the next level ;)

Hope you and your lady wife and little ones are all well :D

Did you play on the swings downstairs? :lol:

Door policy is easy. They seem to love the English (groups of beer boys or squawky Dorothy Perkins slags excluded) - priority entrance if wearing rubber and covered in metal :)lol:)...and big groups of jabbering Spaniards and Italians seem to get sent away in their droves.

It's more of a mindset than a look I guess.

I really like the fact you have this creative, liberal community in Berlin who aren't driven by money or 'getting on the property ladder' and who are really open-minded and committed to amazing art installations and deep music. I seriously hope it doesn't get ruined by the yuppie $$$ which have so tarnished Ibiza, New York (and now here). Hopefully, will pay a visit next year.

Hopefully booking Berlin for NYE....4 days...
my mate and his missus are going and Im dying to go .....

great review barbie 8)

- priority entrance if wearing rubber and covered in metal :)lol:)..

:idea:

Reminds me of a time a few years ago when I took Shelley to a Fashion fair /show when we were in London on a lazy Sunday afternoon. I sort of failed to mention the word 'extreme', the penny had dropped for her by the time we got off the tube:lol: :lol:

Sorry to digress from the topic of Berlin....

Just booked a return 2 night trip to Berlin for my birthday in January - £93 return flights from Heathrow with Lufthansa and then 25 euros a night for a room in an 'Easyhotel' :eek: Not quite sure what an 'Easyhotel' constitutes but figure we won't really be spending any time in it, so as long as we get a bed it should be fine :lol:

I checked flights for the first weekend in November and even on the low-cost carriers (Air Berlin, Germanwings) it was going to cost 400 euros from here :evil:

And I think we're closer to Berlin than London is! :lol:
(edit: this is wrong. London's less than 2/3 as far from Berlin as Moscow)

Last edited by a moderator:
I checked flights for the first weekend in November and even on the low-cost carriers (Air Berlin, Germanwings) it was going to cost 400 euros from here :evil:

And I think we're closer to Berlin than London is! :lol:

400 euros :eek: How come so much - is it because it is a Bank Holiday weekend like you said? Is it cheaper on a normal weekend?

400 euros :eek: How come so much - is it because it is a Bank Holiday weekend like you said? Is it cheaper on a normal weekend?
I think it's normally cheaper. I've seen fares of 99 eur (each way, I think) on these airlines before. Probably the combo of bank holiday here and big events there.

Take the Morbsmobile then ;)
The Morbydmobile VII has not been outside of Russia since it rolled off a Czech assembly line. I think she'd be scared... especially when driving through Ukraine or Belarus :lol:

damn why am I missing this!

Tempted to come back out!

http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?148936
40749_166272000056900_100000223026971_566549_8299625_n.jpg

:!:

Back