Ibiza, where is your essence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I know it's more complicated than just blaming the rich. But the problem is bigger than ibicencos letting their apartments out,after all that's just what those rich f***s have been doing on a grand scale for centuries. It's absolutely disgusting that the working class who might be lucky enough to have an apartment to rent,have the audacity to let it out,it must be their fault!

One simple solution is to build affordable housing for locals,instead of only building for the rich. But as we see in the UK their isn't much political will do this because it might bring rent prices and house prices down. So he rich land and property owners do not want that. Half of the Tory front bench in the UK are f***ing millionaire landlords..

There’s affordable houses all over Spain, for example you can get a decent 2 bedroom apartment in Benidorm or Malaga or Murcia or Estepona or Almería or Salou and many other towns for 500-700 euros PCM. They are close to major cities and there also plenty of jobs.

So what he says here,is locals if you can't afford it get on ya bike. Leave your island to us foreigners who are sitting pretty..

But it’s not Ibiza and thats exactly the problem. Love it or hate it, everyone wants a piece of the White Isle because it’s amazing and gives you a quality of life found in very few places. But unlike in previous years that now comes at a high price.

And quality of life only for a privilege few, isn't really a quality of life at all.

I've no idea what he is like in real life and apologies if he is anyone's mate/relative but he unfortuantely comes across like a massive cock on the internet

I couldn't resist! :oops:

Ps. I'm loving the Sputnik specials as I never missed it back in the day, such a shame that format of music program doesn't exist anymore...

I never thought I'd come across a fellow Sputnik fan on here! I used to watch it quite a bit years ago. it was the only music show in Spain that had alternative bands and stuff. remember it was always an interesting mix of grunge, triphop and catalan rock (which I could never get into) but some of the recorded gigs were ok

I agree - so little music on Sp telly now - real shame

it was the only music show in Spain that had alternative bands and stuff
You're forgetting Plastic!

I miss those days: Plastic, Sputnik, Fawlty Towers, The Young Ones, Dr Slump (!), Alternative Nation, 120 Minutes, Headbanger's Ball, etc were part of my daily diet...

I've no idea what he is like in real life and apologies if he is anyone's mate/relative but he unfortuantely comes across like a massive cock on the internet

He hasn't a clue about communism either.. his attitude,is that of someone who is profiting from the situation. As @Don Simon has already pointed out.

You're forgetting Plastic!

I miss those days: Plastic, Sputnik, Fawlty Towers, The Young Ones, Dr Slump (!), Alternative Nation, 120 Minutes, Headbanger's Ball, etc were part of my daily diet...

"The Young Ones" was huge on Catalan TV, along with Mr Bean and George & Mildred, probably the biggest UK exports of 80s/90s...!

And another thing with the shit MM wrote. Is unless things have changed dramatically on the mainland over the last year/18mths, isn't there still really high unemployment,and youth unemployment is off the scale...? Fancy your chances there wouldn't you?

on the mainland over the last year/18mths, isn't there still really high unemployment,and youth unemployment is off the scale...?
Reason why so many people from mainland saw the island as their chance to make a living, no doubt thanks to the call effect of terrible programs like "Ibiza, la isla del dinero"... now there's no affordable accomodation for everybody, surprise surprise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back