Ibiza too expensive

Man, i´ve been here a couple of times to meet someone and it has been the worst moments of my life !

Cheesy as Edam music, with the dj talking over pretty much all the way through. All the guys ogling and staring at the girls, while the girls get up on stage and enjoy all the attention ! Not to mention the smell that hits you when you walk in lol.

Saying that ... it´s probably the busiest bar in San Antonio so they must be doing something right !

As a friend of mine said recently ...

Clubland one of the busiest nights in Ibiza, Linekers one of the busiest bars ... with Living TV going around filming and acting like Celebrities ... what´s happening to Ibiza lol ?

I know that was our thoughts - they slag off the punters and yet they come back for more.... hmmmmmmmm :?:?:confused:

we have another collective term in the PL house - along with "A limousine of slaaaaags", its a "Lineker of Knobs".....

"...
Balearic legend Alfredo ... kept up his crusade against high prices on Ibiza
“It is getting to be more for the rich,” he offers.
“But I think the rich people there by themselves, will get bored.
They need the energy of the people who come there
to have the time of their lives,” ...
..."
(www.inthemix.com.au/news/intl/39566/Ibiza_zoo_party_on_track)

We all know ibiza is expensive, we all complain, we all go back time and time again.

We went to cocoon in june paid 15 euro's for vodka coke, whinged about to my mates, went back for another paid 18 euro's, disgrace yes, but going back on wed for four days, so hey u no what to expect, still the best place to holiday? you know it!!!8):x

... some people @ ibiza should wake up very fast
before it´s too ****ing late !

look at this:
www.spotlight-forums.com/showpost.php?p=1258693&postcount=52

PRICES for this HOSTAL in the LOW SEASON:
75 ****ing euros/day/PER PERSON ...

they have only doublerooms ...
... so cheapest rate (for 2 people) is 150 EUROS ...
... for a HOSTAL ... in LOW season !!!!!

wtf is that ?

i have two weeks booked from the 2nd of september staying in the ibiza mar apartments where i stayed last year and loved, got flights and accommodation all for £357 which i think is pretty sweet, id normally go in august aswell so it gives me that wee bit longer to save!! :)

Ps. Two best nights I had last week, Tuesday Mathias Tanzmann playing to a half empty Underground, the warmup guy, I think his name was Fiorito or something, was ****ing outstanding as well. Free to get in, well, their myspace has a bulletin saying PM FOR GUESTLIST. If you don't do that, then you pay €10 to get in, but you also get a drinks voucher worth up to €10, which is what we did the second night, which was about twice as busy, both times full of beautiful people but hardly any pretentiousness. Quality crowd, friendly locals, none of the posturing or elbowing you out the way that you get in the bigger clubs, friendly fairly clued up Brits - I'd happily spend every night in that place. And a comparatively cheap €6 for a Tiger beer.

And if you can't be fcked paying full whack to get in places get hassling people for guestlists. Everyone else is at it. Save a small fortune for being a bit wide and pestering people!

i was there too and i was going to have a quiet night until Junior (the doorman) told me mathias was there...Juanito then told me it was not like a surprise but mathias wanted to play there which became true after speaking to him. he loves the place and the vibe of underground, was half full (optimistic lol) because not many people knew about this and on a tuesday its never that busy compared to a wednesday...one of the best nights of the summer for me coz i just love what he does, exactly my type of sound!

10euros for the entrance is cheap when you think a vodka redbull is 11 euros, saves 1 euro for yourself! shame that they close early now buts its funny when Junior comes in and kicks everyone out coz the police is outside!

conclusion: Underground, best place on the island!

"...
Holiday firm drops seven destinations
Wednesday, March 04, 2009

SEVEN destinations have been dropped from the summer flight programme
of Humberside Airport's largest tour operator, in favour of more popular holiday hotspots.

Thomas Cook, which flies the majority of the airport's 450,000 holiday makers abroad,
will not be offering flights to Tenerife, Lanzarote, Faro, Ibiza, Menorca, Fuerteventura
and Gran Canary.

However, it has increased the capacity on its flights to Cyprus, Turkey and Majorca
as demand for those destinations increases.
holiday makers can still fly to Antalya, Balamana, Heraklion, Larnaca and Palma
with the airline ...

Jenny Maw, manager of Instant Holidays ... said:
"I've found more of an increased demand to places like Turkey.
"I think the main reason for this is with the problems with the Euro at the moment
these sorts of destinations are becoming more popular
but I still wouldn't have thought these flights would have been cancelled.
..."
(http://www.thisiss****horpe.co.uk/n...stinations/article-743137-detail/article.html)
**** = c u n t

"...
Guide to Finding Cheap Hotels in Ibiza

If you are planning a vacation in Ibiza you will want to save as much money as possible, especially since the world is in economic crisis. Most people would consider booking a hotel in Ibiza by calling a couple of popular hotels and comparing rates. However, the best way to find a cheap hotel in Ibiza and ensure you get the best deal possible is to use a hotel comparison website. You might be able to get a deal by booking direct with a hotel in Ibiza, but when you use a t you will be able to get better deals than you ever imagined.

How to Book a Cheap Hotel

Regardless of whether your vacation is coming up soon or if you are already on vacation, you can use a travel comparison site to help you find a great deal on a hotel in Ibiza. If you already have a reservation in Ibiza and have arrived then you might want to visit a cyber café to check out the deals that are available to you through a travel comparison site. Sometimes, the last minute deals available are the very best and will allow you to stay in a more upscale hotel but at a much more affordable rate. If you have yet to book your vacation then you can start comparing the various hotels in Ibiza that meet your expectations for your trip.

Comparing Hotels.

The best way to compare hotels in Ibiza is to determine what’s most important to you. Is the price you pay most important or are comfort, location and/or amenities? Once you have made your decision then you can use a travel comparison site to help you narrow down the Ibiza hotel that will complement your vacation!
..."
(holidaypress)

thanks for these great tips :lol: :lol: :lol:

me an my mates r booked up to go in august and although we will probably go to the bigger clubs and pay the stupid prices to get in i was wondering where abouts is there to go for a gud nite out without hving to spend too much money.

I went end of august last year (26th i think) paid 10 euro for carl cox - got there early - lots of room not packed at all, loads of room to dance, chilled in that bit yellow tunnel thing for a while. my bf isnt a meganite kinda person so we ended up in rogue djs in es paradis for free on the next day - free wristband, lots of room as well. got a free pass out and the eden prs grabbed us and we got into eden for free as well at 3am which normally would be full price on the door.

the smaller nights are a lot cheaper as they need to get the people in so they have dropped the door prices and many have free wristbands now - eden, es paradis etc

having said that, i would still pay top dollar to see the djs i like etc swedish house mafia at pacha - im going and i dont care how much its gonna cost!

me an my mates r booked up to go in august and although we will probably go to the bigger clubs and pay the stupid prices to get in i was wondering where abouts is there to go for a gud nite out without hving to spend too much money.

As a few people have already mentioned Carl Cox is porbably the best value for money if you can like his music. I think its one of the best if not the best party at the island. Maybe you can even get some free tickets, some times its free before 10 or 11pm and than €10 before midnight. Just remember that you have to be in before midninght and the que can be quite long if you get there later than sayy 11:30.

Once you are inside its not like you have to drink expensive drinks for hours before it kicks off. At least when I've been there it kicks off earlier than most other parties.

Another money saving tip is the free entrance to the club after a meal at the great restaurant at Pacha. Meals are usually about €50+ per head so its either free meal or free entrance depending on how you look upon it. Just remember to book a few days in advance if its for one of the bigger nights and/or midseason.

You can get free or cheap passes most days on Bora Bora or Las Salinas for some nights. Last year i managed to get a free wrist band for Meganite, Matinee and Louis Vega and Friends. By going to Carl Cox before 11pm i got in for 20e.
Managed to get a ticket for Wonderland in Eden for 28e which came with a free drink, i just asked around some workers to get that.
I've always found that if your in the right place you can go to most of the smaller nights quite cheap, its just the nights like Cocoon, Cream, Space on Sunday, Pure Pacha etc where you will have no chance of getting in cheap - unless you know someone who works there!

1 Jan '12 - 8 Apr '12
€ 51
per person
Accommodation Only

9 Apr '12 - 30 Apr '12
€ 51
per person
Accommodation Only

1 May '12 - 31 May '12
€ 52
per person
Accommodation Only

1 Jun '12 - 30 Jun '12
€ 68
per person
Accommodation Only

1 Jul '12 - 15 Jul '12
€ 87
per person
Accommodation Only

16 Jul '12 - 31 Jul '12
€ 94
per person
Accommodation Only

1 Aug '12 - 24 Aug '12
€ 121
per person
Accommodation Only

25 Aug '12 - 31 Aug '12
€ 94
per person
Accommodation Only

1 Sep '12 - 15 Sep '12
€ 87
per person
Accommodation Only

16 Sep '12 - 30 Sep '12
€ 68
per person
Accommodation Only

1 Oct '12 - 31 Dec '12
€ 52
per person
Accommodation Only

who on his right mind pays - for a place like "el puerto" -
€ 51 for a single room without breakfast in january (or € 121 in august) ???
must be an april fool´s joke or something like that ...
http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/bookings/en/prices-110.html

The thing is you can get a very cheap package hol to Ibiza especially booking well in advance, a week in may/june can be as little as £200 for a week! Even August can be done for about £300 and most of us who go that dont have high paying jobs or riches to waste then we come for the experience and dont necessarily need luxury. So if you are spending say half a weeks wage on the whole cost of travelling and a bed then it kind of soaks up the fact that its expensive once there.
Typical Brits want owt for nowt :D
I do actually agree its too expensive on the whole but also understand why they do it, and lets not forget it does keep a lot of napa and shagaluf mongs away as they want to pay 2 euro a beer and be smashed from morning till night so as things are in the bigger picture I think it works. There will always be people trying to do Ibiza on the cheap, and those who spend cash willy nilly but at least its not heading the same way as tenerfie or benidorm.....

Back