Ibiza too expensive

Very happy to hang around expensive hotels some places but not in Ibiza where there is so much to see and do. When I start being asked to shell out 100Euros a night for a 'bag drop', I'll be hiring a rape van !

i think the key is to not go at the height of the season, stop feeling like you need to go to the biggest nights/clubs (by all means go to some, it is ibiza after all - just be selective), spend a bit more time out and about, and be clever with your flights/hotels

getting there and getting a place I would say is still very much affordable, but on my kinda money going out to 7 big nights a week in ibiza in august (as well as not appealing to me anymore in the slightest!) is undoable.

I just think its sad that it seems to be getting more and more geared up for the 'vip' miami clientele. Hardly a new gripe, well aware I sound like an old record. The whole reason rich kids shell out so much money going to ibiza is to experience the hippy, everyones your mate kinda vibe its famous for - which is being eroded away by ...

urgh i need to stop myself, boring myself typing this out........ NEXT :arrow:

^^ agree..

and hate to state the obvious - again - but if you just give up on the idea of staying in Playa d'en Bossa, Figueretas, etc, remain sober for enough of the time that you can get yourself around and don't drink yourself to oblivion in expensive Clubs then Ibiza is not astronomically expensive at all, especially out of the August peak season.

How would scores of reps and workers manage to survive for weeks on end earning next to nothing (aside from blagging guestlists) and thousands of residents (many with modest incomes) manage also.

If you want to fall into the jaws of oblivion for a week and have the luxury of tottering or staggering from your overpriced come-down lair to the nearest candy-off-a-baby entertainment factory then of course you're going to get ripped off something chronic :!:.

my friend´s friend has a friend and this friend´s friend knows a bloke whose friend
had heard that another friend´s grandmother has booked a 1 euro return flight ...

my god, prices like 34 or whatever are for most people and for most airports
a very very rare exemption these days ... useless to mention this here
I also just paid £40 each way for me and my family to go 28th Aug for 9 nights 8)8)
Total for 5 including baggage and pushchair was £569 for RETURN flights.

I know that a lot of forum users turn their noses up at San Antonio but really, how bad would it be to base yourselves there and spend a couple of Euros on the bus to get you where you want to be?

I was on ryainairs site tonight and saw the flight I thought was cheaphas reduced even more, going from Leeds Bradford airport on the 14th April cumin bak the 17th is only £25 return, and thats including admin fees, Ill wait till theres only 3 weeks to go next year to book my out of season short break, !!!!!!!

I was on ryainairs site tonight and saw the flight I thought was cheaphas reduced even more, going from Leeds Bradford airport on the 14th April cumin bak the 17th is only £25 return, and thats including admin fees, Ill wait till theres only 3 weeks to go next year to book my out of season short break, !!!!!!!

Jesus Christ, wish I hadn't read this, heather:cry:

Our total flight costs for April holiday were best part of £300 (family of four) no checked baggage (still have this to pay for :( ) Checked just now having read your post, total price £48 return, inc all fees (except admin fee). Although the £300 includes one priority boarding (me) so as to secure four seats together. Last time was a 'mare as we were nearly prevented from sitting with the children (aged 5 & 2 then).

Staying at Jabeque, 10 nights < £300, they can barely be breaking even at this sort of price.

Wifey despises Ryanair, debating whether to tell her of the £48 flights, probably best left!

edit: Just checked and Jabeque price has now doubled for the our dates, makes the pill slightly less bitter!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus Christ, wish I hadn't read this, heather:cry:

Our total flight costs for April holiday were best part of £300 (family of four) no checked baggage (still have this to pay for :( ) Checked just now having read your post, total price £48 return, inc all fees (except admin fee). Although the £300 includes one priority boarding (me) so as to secure four seats together. Last time was a 'mare as we were nearly prevented from sitting with the children (aged 5 & 2 then).

Staying at Jabeque, 10 nights < £300, they can barely be breaking even at this sort of price.

Wifey despises Ryanair, debating whether to tell her of the £48 flights, probably best left!

edit: Just checked and Jabeque price has now doubled for the our dates, makes the pill slightly less bitter!

well I was only browsing this topic over my first coffee of the day and decided to browse Ryanair. Ended up with flights for sat 28th april to tues 1st may from Lpool for me and the missus for 35quid each return! happy days

Since 2007 (at least) drink prices have also been stable in the more popular clubs

Pacha - San Miguel 12E
Space - " " 10E
Bora Bora - Large beer 6E

Not too bad really year on year.

ps Ive paid £180 for flights in August:eek:.

I certainly think flights are more expensive this year than they have been previously.

Hotel prices where I'm looking don't seem to have changed that much.

Ibiza doesn't have to be expensive, its when people do all the things which they think will look good on facebook it becomes expensive. The kind of people who want to hang about Ushuaia and tag in and take pictures of themselves with bottles of vodka etc, I blame programmes like The Only Way Is Essex etc.

We always have picnics on the beach when we have the kids with us.We buy a cool bag over there and days we go to beach just fill up with food&drinks.A cheap day out for less than 30euro:)

"...
How has Ibiza changed during the past 20 years, how was the night and,
how was the people ?

... all opening and closing parties were 100% free for everyone,
the party themes were different every night, the posters and decorations were works of art,
the mix of music we played couldn't be heard anywhere else in the world and,
although no one had much money, everyone made an effort to dress up
and bring their love and gratitude to our parties.

At the end of the 80′s, the anglo-saxon promoters caught on to this potential gold-mine.
They invaded the island and began promoting their DJs playing their music,
imposing their party ideas, importing their tourists, their structure and their philosophy.
By commercializing and capitalizing on the “Ibiza” mark, they changed the whole scene.

..."
http://ibizabynight.net/2012/03/27/the-ku-in-ibiza-lets-meet-faruk-gandji/

Back