Ibiza right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How loud was Mambo's Tiff? Same as normal or quieter? Been hearing a lot of places have to play the music a lot lower...

I guess it was a little quieter, along with Cafe Del Mar. I didn't stay long after sunset (which is when the music normally pumps up anyways) so I wouldn't know about that

I guess it was a little quieter, along with Cafe Del Mar. I didn't stay long after sunset (which is when the music normally pumps up anyways) so I wouldn't know about that
Just seen the picture, looks not too bad for before sunset but i guess on the first night open it was probably quite busy. Half an hour before sunset tonight Mambo did a story and it didn't look like anyone was down there.

What was the general vibe like? I'm assuming it was relaxed and not many people really drunk down there like an average sunset?

For anyone on the island now and in San An, if you fancy answering these random questions i'd appreciate it.
I've heard stories from people that like to get on it and ones from people that are more mature explorers and they seem to report the exact opposites. The partygoers are saying people are getting on it the days more because the places are closing early and it's not that empty, but the more mature people are saying San An is dead and not much is happening.

What is the general vibe, are there a lot of people out and about really drunk/something more?

Are the street sellers and the women on the promenade out this year?

I'm seeing very little stories from bars on instagram which probably implies they aren't busy enough to show off really. but before the 2 am closings are most bars looking pretty busy even if people are at tables?

I've heard of a couple of places which are allowing a little dancing, have you seen anywhere allowing this? (Not naming names)

Okay so I’ve been to San An a few nights this week, and have friends working in a certain hotel that has events and another working in a certain family friendly beach club.

For ‘getting on it’ - that kind of crowd is definitely doing more in the day because events finish earlier. And yeah, it’s causing issues for the friends that are staff at certain day venues because drugs are bad enough as it is but drugs+7hours of sun is even worse. And people are trying to cram it all in in the daytime.

We walked past Linekers, Itaca and IRB last night at 11pm and they were all full. Obviously, with only a selection of bars open, there’s only a few places people can actually go, making it look busier at night.Which is fab! Because once you’re in, it’ll feel quite ‘normal’.

Not so many street sellers, and I didn’t see any ladies of the night tbh, but last night San An did seem a little more bustling. It’s NEVER going to be like July of past years, but I don’t think it feels dead at all. If you’re going to walk up the west end and then complain about it being dead then you’re simply in the wrong place.

Just seen the picture, looks not too bad for before sunset but i guess on the first night open it was probably quite busy. Half an hour before sunset tonight Mambo did a story and it didn't look like anyone was down there.

What was the general vibe like? I'm assuming it was relaxed and not many people really drunk down there like an average sunset?

The vibe was lovely. It felt like May. Not super drunk people because I didn’t stay late, and it normally takes an hour or so after sunset for people to start acting like dicks down there. I actually think it’s better. You can relax on the rocks, no one getting in front of you because it isn’t too busy, and music loud enough to enjoy.

The vibe was lovely. It felt like May. Not super drunk people because I didn’t stay late, and it normally takes an hour or so after sunset for people to start acting like dicks down there. I actually think it’s better. You can relax on the rocks, no one getting in front of you because it isn’t too busy, and music loud enough to enjoy.

I have to say, and possibly because I'm my mid 40s now, it sounds great to me. Gutted the wife and I's kid-free trip was cancelled That said, I realise that many island business aren't sustainable if it stays this quiet:(

Last edited:
Tiff, based on your experiences so far where would you recommend staying for a 1 week trip in August that has a bit of buzz? Ibiza town or San An?

Tiff, based on your experiences so far where would you recommend staying for a 1 week trip in August that has a bit of buzz? Ibiza town or San An?

100% depends what you’re looking for.

younger crowd/drunk vibe = San An
Older crowd/more sophisticated vibe = Ibiza Town

personally, even though I LOVE San An, I’d like to spend a week in Ibiza Town rn (but I’d still visit for a day)

100% depends what you’re looking for.

younger crowd/drunk vibe = San An
Older crowd/more sophisticated vibe = Ibiza Town

personally, even though I LOVE San An, I’d like to spend a week in Ibiza Town rn (but I’d still visit for a day)
Good to have someone on the ground to help make these decisions easier! I am still torn about whether to come, but the more I hear about San An the more tempted I am...Tapas is my favourite restaurant (along with Davids), so great to hear both of these are open....

Good to have someone on the ground to help make these decisions easier! I am still torn about whether to come, but the more I hear about San An the more tempted I am...Tapas is my favourite restaurant (along with Davids), so great to hear both of these are open....
I ate at Tapas last week, had table for 10:30pm and was pretty much full when we arrived. Service great too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back