Ibiza right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing putting me off right now is the mask situation. I just don't think it makes any sense. You have to wear one walking about when distancing is easier...but then when you get to a bar or restaurant, when you are not moving about and probably closer to other people...you can take it off.

I honestly think it is a symbolic thing that is purely to remind people there is a virus about and to be mindful....I get it on planes, airports and maybe supermarkets...but not walking the streets.

Hopefully things might be relaxed by September....

Okay so I’ve been to San An a few nights this week, and have friends working in a certain hotel that has events and another working in a certain family friendly beach club.

For ‘getting on it’ - that kind of crowd is definitely doing more in the day because events finish earlier. And yeah, it’s causing issues for the friends that are staff at certain day venues because drugs are bad enough as it is but drugs+7hours of sun is even worse. And people are trying to cram it all in in the daytime.

We walked past Linekers, Itaca and IRB last night at 11pm and they were all full. Obviously, with only a selection of bars open, there’s only a few places people can actually go, making it look busier at night.Which is fab! Because once you’re in, it’ll feel quite ‘normal’.

Not so many street sellers, and I didn’t see any ladies of the night tbh, but last night San An did seem a little more bustling. It’s NEVER going to be like July of past years, but I don’t think it feels dead at all. If you’re going to walk up the west end and then complain about it being dead then you’re simply in the wrong place.

The vibe was lovely. It felt like May. Not super drunk people because I didn’t stay late, and it normally takes an hour or so after sunset for people to start acting like dicks down there. I actually think it’s better. You can relax on the rocks, no one getting in front of you because it isn’t too busy, and music loud enough to enjoy.
Thanks for the answers ?

It seems like more of the vibe the partygoers have been telling me, the explorers must just be ignoring most of it. Most of them hate the whole brits getting drunk thing so they're probably turning a blind eye on purpose because they don't want to promote something they hate ?

Currently in Passion Cafe on Vara Del Rey. Wifi is STRONG so uploading videos is going well :)

I'm loving the Ibiza Town vibe at the moment. Bustling and all the lovely cafes are nice and busy. Again, the evenings are lovely here and the bars are nice and full late into the night.

Currently in Passion Cafe on Vara Del Rey. Wifi is STRONG so uploading videos is going well :)

I'm loving the Ibiza Town vibe at the moment. Bustling and all the lovely cafes are nice and busy. Again, the evenings are lovely here and the bars are nice and full late into the night.
cant actually wait for some good Paella and gut load of beer now, your videos have got me fully in the mood for our trip

Not so many street sellers, and I didn’t see any ladies of the night tbh, but last night San An did seem a little more bustling.
I think he was referring to the group of black women who bully tourists into shaking hands and paying money for a bit of string wrapped around your wrist :mad:

drove up the entire street going from the southern end of playa d'en bossa up to the center of figueretas just after noontime today. while the beach is busy (not packed as is usually the case at this time of the year, but nicely busy), the street was really quiet. I'm aware it was also at a time when people are normally on the beach, but I just wanted to see if more places have opened up. so just so you know, a lot of shops, restaurants and bars along that long road are still shut. I'm sure a few more will open still in the next two weeks, but I can only repeat that people should be aware that if they stay in PdB this summer, it's a MUCH quieter affair than usually. that doesn't have to be bad though - beach all day and then hit ibiza town for drinks in the evening.

Havent been to Ibiza since 2016 when I proposed to my other half there. Drunkly booked 5 nights September staying at the Royal Plaza, Ibiza town . Ive been 13 times since 2003 but didn't want to miss an chance to visit the island while it is so quiet . Fine dining every night instead of eang a kfc feeling like death after a heavy night in space or amnesia . So what is the island like now ? Are all the restaurants and bars open in ibiza town ? And do they all shut 2am latest?

Okay so I’ve been to San An a few nights this week, and have friends working in a certain hotel that has events and another working in a certain family friendly beach club.

For ‘getting on it’ - that kind of crowd is definitely doing more in the day because events finish earlier. And yeah, it’s causing issues for the friends that are staff at certain day venues because drugs are bad enough as it is but drugs+7hours of sun is even worse. And people are trying to cram it all in in the daytime.

We walked past Linekers, Itaca and IRB last night at 11pm and they were all full. Obviously, with only a selection of bars open, there’s only a few places people can actually go, making it look busier at night.Which is fab! Because once you’re in, it’ll feel quite ‘normal’.

Not so many street sellers, and I didn’t see any ladies of the night tbh, but last night San An did seem a little more bustling. It’s NEVER going to be like July of past years, but I don’t think it feels dead at all. If you’re going to walk up the west end and then complain about it being dead then you’re simply in the wrong place.

The vibe was lovely. It felt like May. Not super drunk people because I didn’t stay late, and it normally takes an hour or so after sunset for people to start acting like dicks down there. I actually think it’s better. You can relax on the rocks, no one getting in front of you because it isn’t too busy, and music loud enough to enjoy.
This is positive news, and good to hear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back