Ibiza gossip 2024

The clever thing with this Defected move might be the early May start too! They start on 07 May - so a 4-6 week run before anything else of big significance on a Tuesday opens - so might build some good momentum.

I think unless its what someone suggested a while ago with Patrick topping, trick/doof its going to be a big loss for san this year, totally agree with will people be happy paying ushuia prices aswell, but daytime timing might appeal to older audience also, wierd one either way wonder what will be Tuesday nights at Hi afterwards?
A lot of the ‘older ravers’ that attended defected @eden are commenting on socials saying how much a bad move it is and they wont be going to Ush

I’ve never been to eden/defected or ush but i’d be disappointed if it was a night i attended. Just like i was when sven went to pacha

Though if they start at the back DJ Booth [at 3pm], give some workers freebies, and get people in early might replicate some of that brilliant early Ants vibe from 2013-19.
I agree, that early slot before main stage has the capacity to be a good crack I reckon

The clever thing with this Defected move might be the early May start too! They start on 07 May - so a 4-6 week run before anything else of big significance on a Tuesday opens - so might build some good momentum.

I should add that to my well thought out post and claim that one as my own too 😀

A lot of the ‘older ravers’ that attended defected @eden are commenting on socials saying how much a bad move it is and they wont be going to Ush

I’ve never been to eden/defected or ush but i’d be disappointed if it was a night i attended. Just like i was when sven went to pacha

I become repetitive, but i absolutely agree. Defected@Eden was my USP in the last years and I booked my trip based on this event (including a Friday - or I think it was Sundays a few years ago).
Let's see how it develops and if there is any suitable replacement at Eden. Maybe one trip in September/October then...

Ushuaia vibes are much more like a (horrible) gig to me and i would say that 'older ravers' will often come to Ibiza to have at least one big NIGHT out. I certainly do (although not at Defected to be fair). An afternoon/evening at Ushuaia is simply not comparable with a nighttime clubbing experience. I think this is disappointing move.

Why Sad? As I think I said a few pages back when dropping a few hints, look at what Defected is now. They did Wembley Arena for New Year, they do more festival stuff Etc. This feels good for them IMO.

Also... for those of you old enough to remember...they actually had an Ushuaia residency in 2011 as a pre-party before their Pacha night! Some art work from back then...

View attachment 17058
N.B. This is 2011 Artwork!
Went to that a couple of times.. It will fit again like a glove! Day times rules these days.. Plus a more international crowd in Bossa - Defected are more international now then UK based

C'est la vie, everything is getting more and more expensive. Yesterday I was checking the prices to see Pearl Jam in Barcelona in July. The cheapest standing tickets cost 164,50€. The last time they played there (July 2018) it was 98€...
They are selling from €117 for the Dublin gig!

Back