Ibiza gossip 2024

I think it will be a big hit there but for a completely different crowd, defected have plenty of fans across the spectrum. I’m sure it will do well but il probably find another night elsewhere

I think it will be a big hit there but for a completely different crowd, defected have plenty of fans across the spectrum. I’m sure it will do well but il probably find another night elsewhere
Yeah, you’re probably right - Glitterbox is a roadblock over in PDB too so that is a plus for them.

I’m just disappointed it’ll fall on the same day as Paco Osuna (hopefully) at Hi.

Interested to see what replaces Defected at Eden. Was any of their other nights a success last year? Shine seemed to be quite a poor turnout from pics posted on Facebook during last year.

Not paying a huge fee for a superstar headliner can actually make an average crowd size profitable. Shine is niche as Trance hasnt been on top for years but id imagine the costs of hosting that are small compared to the costs Ushuaia/Hi shell out.

Eden will need to find a good replacement though, but maybe Abode steps into the limelight more?

did anyone see the this years ticket prices of ushuaia? 👀 dioooos mioooooooo

Ants Standard Ticket 65€ and before 6pm 50€
other Partys 100€
C'est la vie, everything is getting more and more expensive. Yesterday I was checking the prices to see Pearl Jam in Barcelona in July. The cheapest standing tickets cost 164,50€. The last time they played there (July 2018) it was 98€...

I wonder if Defected might miss the mark a bit with this. The Eden night had a lot going for it in terms of being a Friday, relatively reasonably priced, San An crowd etc.

Tuesdays has probably always been the quietest day/night at Ushuaia. A lot of parties have either moved to another day, or moved on, so it’s a ballsy move for Defected.

Will the Brits come over for it? I think a lot will, and I think Defected is more than just the Brits now (though shoot me down if you disagree).

Also, when you look at all the other parties at Ushuaia this looks like the only “fresh / new” party across the whole week. I know the other ones are successful but this one is different at least.

Tuesdays has probably always been the quietest day/night at Ushuaia. A lot of parties have either moved to another day, or moved on, so it’s a ballsy move for Defected.

Will the Brits come over for it? I think a lot will, and I think Defected is more than just the Brits now (though shoot me down if you disagree).

Also, when you look at all the other parties at Ushuaia this looks like the only “fresh / new” party across the whole week. I know the other ones are successful but this one is different at least.

it's a ballsy move indeed, for both defected as well as ushuaïa. tuesday is a tricky day generally. and just on this day doing a party that starts at 3pm (like ants - the only two starting early at ushuaïa). so while ants benefits of being on saturday, and generally everyone arriving either thu or fri and 'there for it', I'm not sure it'll be as easy for defected.

prove me wrong, it may as well turn out as the party of the season who knows.

I think unless its what someone suggested a while ago with Patrick topping, trick/doof its going to be a big loss for san this year, totally agree with will people be happy paying ushuia prices aswell, but daytime timing might appeal to older audience also, wierd one either way wonder what will be Tuesday nights at Hi afterwards?

I was(and still am) hoping for this.

With Defected pandering to the day party movement that’s around at the moment, more so with youngsters than ever before, I hear O Beach are planning to strip out the pool and run bottomless brunch events instead. You heard it here first.

Business wise it makes great sense to me. They won’t be paying as large fees on DJs as many are ‘in house’ and are part of the family. The risk factor is lower there already, they’re one of the most sensible labels/brands out there IMO, rarely put a foot wrong.

Early start creates the Ants style vibe, but it’s broken up far enough away from Ants for people to do both.
Nowadays there seems to be more of a dearth than before midweek, with a movement towards the 3-4 day weekend holidays, which leaves this further out on it’s own as an event if you’re there.

As I’ve mentioned in a previous post, there’s a much larger movement towards day time events for youngsters these days/in recent times. My group have definitely shifted towards enjoying them more too and this news has gone down well with them.
I think it can be a much of a muchness style of feel for many when it’s a proper club event, you can find similar events at other clubs, or it’s just the normal feeling of going to a club generally, especially if you’re not a massive fan of specific DJs etc.

Ants has stood on its own here for a long time as it has the daytime/ibiza style/weekend event in that genre where nobody whilst not being a more niche/heavy musical genre, the perfect storm. I don’t think they’ll really lose out, but Defected will provide another option midweek and will hoover up the marketshare on Tuesday evenings.

I am also very curious about the Defected switch and also feel for sure they need to operate with the small booth at the back of the club for the first hours, to help build a bit of community like ANTS did back in the day. One thing is clear to me, their line-ups from the past two years at Eden will not suffice in a 7,000 capacity venue - and maybe having a bigger budget to book bigger headliners was part of the allure? But who do they get in?

Move MK from Calvin Harris? John Summit? Nic Fanciulli? and are THOSE guys big enough to carry this?

You can talk about names like Masters At Work too, but how much pull do THEY have with modern crowds?

I don’t think they’ll really lose out, but Defected will provide another option midweek and will hoover up the marketshare on Tuesday evenings.

Let's not forget CamelPhat had a successful first season at Pacha on Tuesdays. So a good % might move on to that - or whatever Hi have on a Tuesday.

I have probably mentioned this 10 times before - but I genuinely can not think when I have ever been to Ushuaia and NOT gone on to somewhere else after - for me it is always been a pre party. My 'guess' is that on nights like Ants, and now defected i.e. less commercial big room EDM, a good chunk of that crowd don't stop at 11PM?

Move MK from Calvin Harris? John Summit? Nic Fanciulli? and are THOSE guys big enough to carry this?

Yeah, you'd imagine a few big names needed to carry this.

Getting some regular medium-big DJs on that small back booth to build up momentum and community would be a good idea IMO.

Ants is now peak time box office hit and the few times I have been in 2022/23 it just does not have that early feel that it did years ago.

So.... over to you Defected...

My 'guess' is that on nights like Ants, and now defected i.e. less commercial big room EDM, a good chunk of that crowd don't stop at 11PM?

With the daytime event crowd I have noticed(proportionally) a lot more are happy to end the night early in terms of club wise, it may be in an attempt to create their own ‘afters’ chasing that vibe you often see, it never ends like that but they chase that.

They seemed to lean on Gorgon City quite a lot in 2022. I’m a big fan of Gorgon City and think they have more of a pull than their name suggests because they don’t do anywhere near as many festivals as other artists, a lot of touring in US etc. Obvious caveat here is they had their own night on Monday with Sonny Fodera, but could be movement there..

Last year Defected line ups weren’t ‘name’ heavy at all and it worked, but I agree they’d need to up it at Ushuaïa.

Nice to see the cogs are turning though 😃

Back