Ibiza gossip 2024

I loved Dance 88/89 but unfortunately it just didn't seem that popular.
They had really good nostalgic line ups at Sankeys but a lot of the nights were so quiet. Suited me but not really sustainable.

Sounds strange but I think modern clubbing has lost its soul to the glitz and glam of the production.
I’m not saying that im against it because some of the bigger clubs and productions are epic (chemical brothers, Afterlife and Prydz HOLO etc) and I’ve spent many a wonderful hour shimmying in them….but a stripped back and “just for the music” approach would be a refreshing change.
Get the right DJ’s with some twinkly lights and a few lazers and you’re set…maybe the odd nitrous cannon to cool things down with a bit of confetti towards the end of the night if we’re feeling super extravagant 😎😂

While we are getting a bit OT, I’m going to slightly disagree with you on the over production point.

Isn’t ‘stripped back just for the music’ every night at Akasha, Underground, Club Chinois (even having a no phone policy on Thursdays last year for NiiWA), DC10 (it’s still a black box with red lights)?

I loved Dance 88/89 but unfortunately it just didn't seem that popular.
They had really good nostalgic line ups at Sankeys but a lot of the nights were so quiet. Suited me but not really sustainable.

I’ve set up a thread for some things like this, as it often fills on the gossip thread. We all love some nostalgic thoughts…

While we are getting a bit OT, I’m going to slightly disagree with you on the over production point.

Isn’t ‘stripped back just for the music’ every night at Akasha, Underground, Club Chinois (even having a no phone policy on Thursdays last year for NiiWA), DC10 (it’s still a black box with red lights)?
To be honest, I can’t argue as I’ve never been to any of the aforementioned aside of DC10 so maybe a bit naive of me to assume.
From what I’ve read, are they not a more boutique/upmarket affair and a bit minimal in terms of music? I’m a sucker for some house/techno so if that’s on offer at these venues it Sounds like may be an answer to my ramblings and I’m just not looking in the right places.
I would love Sankeys back though 😂

Back