Ibiza gossip 2024

Does anyone have any intel on Octan opening its doors again?
Would love for it to be resurrected as a venue like in the Sankeys days and PDB is screaming for another club.
Ibiza is unique in the fact that it still attracts the more mature clubbers and I reckon they’d love a throwback venue. The young’uns can still enjoy insta-snap-face-tubing their afternoons with Uncle Wayne and Guetta nights while the purists turn their phone off and get sideways in a sweaty basement.
Surely there’s a market out there for it and decent DJ’s would be climbing over themselves to go freestyle in there without operating under a “branded” night like Glitterbox or defected (both great nights BTW and I’ve had many a very happy hour in them over the years)

Would love for it to be resurrected as a venue like in the Sankeys days and PDB is screaming for another club.
Ibiza is unique in the fact that it still attracts the more mature clubbers and I reckon they’d love a throwback venue. The young’uns can still enjoy insta-snap-face-tubing their afternoons with Uncle Wayne and Guetta nights while the purists turn their phone off and get sideways in a sweaty basement.
Surely there’s a market out there for it and decent DJ’s would be climbing over themselves to go freestyle in there without operating under a “branded” night like Glitterbox or defected (both great nights BTW and I’ve had many a very happy hour in them over the years)
The club is called Avyca Ibiza now, they did do a few parties during the off season. Not seen/ heard anything for 2024, but it’s likely that they’ll be open

I would go for a sweaty basement club any day!

Dance 88/89 a few years back was brilliant in Octan, pity it wasn’t a success.

Had some great nights in there over the years, Radio 1 with Cox and green velvet, warriors loads of times, Apollonia 6 hour set the last year it was open.

I would go for a sweaty basement club any day!
Sounds strange but I think modern clubbing has lost its soul to the glitz and glam of the production.
I’m not saying that im against it because some of the bigger clubs and productions are epic (chemical brothers, Afterlife and Prydz HOLO etc) and I’ve spent many a wonderful hour shimmying in them….but a stripped back and “just for the music” approach would be a refreshing change.
Get the right DJ’s with some twinkly lights and a few lazers and you’re set…maybe the odd nitrous cannon to cool things down with a bit of confetti towards the end of the night if we’re feeling super extravagant 😎😂

Back