ibiza gossip 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly someone died at a festival in Valencia due to the winds so the industry will have been on high alert
And many injured…I’ve seen the picture of what fell at Ushuaia…miracle it didn’t hit anyone. My mates are there tonight so I guess they have had it all fixed and checked over

Last edited:
After a bit of digging, cos I’m laying in my hotel room with no chance of getting to sleep. He has teamed up with lufthaus and co-produced and sang on there debut track. And one of the djs/duo wrote a number of tracks on his album take the crown 10 years ago.
Went to this at 528, aaa absolutely brilliant.

In case anybody is still wondering about the prevalence of Reggaeton, Amnesia announce Bresh on Tuesdays (between end of Steve Aoki and the second K&P date), becoming the first super-club outside of Es Paradis to do more than one Latin party a week

The Island has/is changing massively as is the world. This year was my 19th year but I’ll never stop going. It’s sad to see the places changing and venues closed, struggling but I just try and enjoy it for what it is, I don’t look back as such and feel lucky that I can still visit and return smiling and wanting to go back…….. normally immediately 😂
Couldn't put it better myself as this is my 14th year (in 2 weeks!) It's always been evolving but you just got to enjoy it whatever your music taste is . Life's too short!

Couldn't put it better myself as this is my 14th year (in 2 weeks!) It's always been evolving but you just got to enjoy it whatever your music taste is . Life's too short!
Indeed. People have been saying Ibiza isn’t as good as…(insert date) date since I started going on the mid 90s. It was probably the case before I first landed. It will always evolve. The music and island is a lot more commercial now than it was then, but so is the world generally in my experience. You either suck it up and enjoy it for what it is or move on and do something else. No one is counting your (not you personally!) Ibiza track record other than yourself. Just do what you want with your holidays. I will only stop coming to the island when the music I like isn’t plentiful.

Last edited:
Am I only one reading this thread who absolutely no idea what Reggaeton is?? 😂

it originally emerged out of Puerto Rico based loosely on urban/hiphop but with a latin flavour. It's been pretty massive in Spain for a few years now, as the Latin American diaspora has multiplied before it crossed over in a big way to the mainstream, although not the English-speaking markets (the novelty of 'Despacito' aside..) Personally I think it is the spawn of Satan but any club driven by profit margins and fierce competition has to take notice now of the domestic market as much as foreign tourists.

Indeed. People have been saying Ibiza isn’t as good as…(insert date) date since I started going on the mid 90s. It was probably the case before I first landed. It will always evolve. The music and island is a lot more commercial now than it was then, but so is the world generally in my experience. You either suck it up and enjoy it for what it is or move on and do something else. No one is counting your (not you personally!) Ibiza track record other than yourself. Just do what you want with your holidays. I will only stop coming to the island when the music I like isn’t plentiful.

pretty much the size of it... it also helps when you get to a certain age and no longer have the inclination to chase the biggest parties. I also agree that the things we moan about in Ibiza tend to be global issues. Obv if your formative years in Ibiza were when it really was this escapist paradise unlike anywhere else, it will hurt to see it all get homogenised but some things cannot be replicated elsewhere - whether lovely calas, food or natural beauty and they are what provide the USP for me, not the nightlife now.

it originally emerged out of Puerto Rico based loosely on urban/hiphop but with a latin flavour. It's been pretty massive in Spain for a few years now, as the Latin American diaspora has multiplied before it crossed over in a big way to the mainstream, although not the English-speaking markets (the novelty of 'Despacito' aside..) Personally I think it is the spawn of Satan but any club driven by profit margins and fierce competition has to take notice now of the domestic market as much as foreign tourists.

it's pretty massive now in most of southen europe (france, italy, portugal and spain)

Thanks for that, completely passed me by (although that isn't surprising, the only new stuff I hear is my 18 year old daughters music 🤢🤢🤢🤢)

This may not be the correct page to post this, but due to the noise restrictions in place,
Does anyone know what the vibe is like in Blue Marlin? Is the music volume turned down really low?

This may not be the correct page to post this, but due to the noise restrictions in place,
Does anyone know what the vibe is like in Blue Marlin? Is the music volume turned down really low?
It was absolutely fine the 2 times I went this past week

So where to go at 07:00 when the club closes and you and your friend still want to party? Yes villas etc, but what are the more common options amongst you other ravers here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back