ibiza gossip 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there been an announcement this morning? Ibiza club tickets just emailed to say they are refunding all club tickets prebooked for July citing the announcement this morning…

Sounds like an announcement on Diario De Ibiza, that government is inclined to open clubs, if double vaccinated. Stivi do you know more on this? Think there was a press conference yesterday on this. I can’t access rest of the content on the website.

Think there was a press conference yesterday on this
What the Balearics tourism minister said yesterday proves that they listen to Ocio de Ibiza (the main disco association), who last week proposed to them that only double vaccinated people will be able to enter to the clubs once they reopen on july 26th (TBC). The gov't haven't decided yet but is just a matter of time. More people will be willing to get vaccinated and the big clubs will be safe... win win!

What the Balearics tourism minister said yesterday proves that they listen to Ocio de Ibiza (the main disco association), who last week proposed to them that only double vaccinated people will be able to enter to the clubs once they reopen on july 26th (TBC). The gov't haven't decided yet but is just a matter of time. More people will be willing to get vaccinated and the big clubs will be safe... win win!
A few anti-vaxxer DJs going to be fuming ;-)

Still not had the vaccine yet ( not anti ) We fly out on the 29th September for 2 weeks ( 12 us ) I'm the only person outta us all, who has not got the jab.
Feel like I'm being forced to get it ffs

Hopefully big clubs open soon...
Don't fancy sitting at a bar alone while other 11 at a big club night. Was happy doing cova / le torre / mambo / pikes etc etc ..... this information if it comes true. Puts a spanner in the mix for me.
Will keep eye on this thread. Thanks

I'm back in Ibiza 28th July for 5 days and am keeping a very close eye on what's going on. Excited that current schedule MIGHT be disrupted given those dates....

At least some progress there (I hope).
What I don't understand... letting only vaccinated into clubs isn't exactly revolutionary rocket science, so why didn't the disco association propose that idea like 2 months ago? Or did they and were rejected back then? Why does the Balearic Gov now need even more time for their decision? What's going to change within the next 10 days? To me it seems like they are toying with the Ocio and trying to push the final decision as far out of the high season as possible. Bonus question: why was this "only for vaccinated" thing not an option for Valencia or Barcelona?

At least some progress there (I hope).
What I don't understand... letting only vaccinated into clubs isn't exactly revolutionary rocket science, so why didn't the disco association propose that idea like 2 months ago? Or did they and were rejected back then? Why does the Balearic Gov now need even more time for their decision? What's going to change within the next 10 days? To me it seems like they are toying with the Ocio and trying to push the final decision as far out of the high season as possible. Bonus question: why was this "only for vaccinated" thing not an option for Valencia or Barcelona?
Perhaps because vaccinated people also get infected, and can spread the virus to others.

Also, a "vaccinated only" rule will piss off a large part of their usual customers. It will also split up groups of friends visiting the islands. Some wil get in, whilst the rest are denied entrance.

It will also create a rather geriatric crowd. (As an example, where I come from, only Norwegians above the age of around 55 are currently fully vaccinated.)

It will also create a rather geriatric crowd. (As an example, where I come from, only Norwegians above the age of around 55 are currently fully vaccinated.)

Ibiza in 2 weeks: Heineken | The Night is Young - YouTube

...should also say one of my favourite things about Ibiza is people of any age, and also everything else race/gender/sexuality would not and should not look out of place in any of the clubs ✌️

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back