ibiza gossip 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fear the same will happen in this business as elsewhere: Clubs will be bought up by investment funds, then sold together as a package deal to multinationals like Disney or Carnival or TUI, who will then clean them up and make them totally safe, harmless and otherwise insufferable.

For the others, Pacha is part of a big group it seems...
Amnesia could be in danger imo.
Amnesia for sure. When a club starts selling "life time vip tickets" for a reasonable price you know they are in need of some immediate cash flow. The future for amnesia is looking quite challenging to me. Each year it's gonna be tougher to fill those huge rooms while numbers of traditional partygoers getting smaller and them instead doing some beach club or prefering open air locations. Said it before, we're probably witnessing the last years of the old traditional clubbing in Ibiza.

Amnesia for sure. When a club starts selling "life time vip tickets" for a reasonable price you know they are in need of some immediate cash flow. The future for amnesia is looking quite challenging to me. Each year it's gonna be tougher to fill those huge rooms while numbers of traditional partygoers getting smaller and them instead doing some beach club or prefering open air locations. Said it before, we're probably witnessing the last years of the old traditional clubbing in Ibiza.

i honestly hope this isn't the case and pray for the day we can all dance together again...Would be such a shame to see any of the clubs taken out by this situation. One potential positive is that there could well be some innovators who step onto the scene in the coming years with new concepts & ideas....but who knows :(

I mean sure there is a chance an Investor might pop up and take a chance on it. But why has nobody made Privilege work the last 15 years? Those superclubs are in a tough spot: their business model is slowly dying, very expensive to operate, short season, in the same market as financial powerhouses like Pacha & Matudes, a growing demand for beach clubs and outdoor activities. How many parties will there be left in 2-3 years that still attract like 6000 people a night? As an investor you are likely better off investing in a Ushuaia/O-Beach mashup these days.

I mean sure there is a chance an Investor might pop up and take a chance on it. But why has nobody made Privilege work the last 15 years? Those superclubs are in a tough spot: their business model is slowly dying, very expensive to operate, short season, in the same market as financial powerhouses like Pacha & Matudes, a growing demand for beach clubs and outdoor activities. How many parties will there be left in 2-3 years that still attract like 6000 people a night? As an investor you are likely better off investing in a Ushuaia/O-Beach mashup these days.
Tough spot and tough location.
Out of sight out of mind for the new clubbers.

I too fear for amnesia and privilege.

The whole entertainment industry across the world is going to change quite a lot with new restrictions and opening hours.

Is km5 still laying empty or has that be converted into something else?
It could have had a chance this year or next as outdoor venues are more viable

Is km5 still laying empty or has that be converted into something else?

Given how long most have been around surely they are not paying much in rents / costs etc? Sure there is staff, maintenance etc but I'd be surprised if the overheads were huge when shut? Could be very naive here..

Sadly you might be right, British Football teams have sold 'lifetime' tickets when cash is drying up before and it rarely ends well

The shift away from Dance music in the charts doesn't help right now either. 10 or so years ago EDM was booming so you could attract a wide audience to Avicii, Tiësto, Swedish House Mafia, David Guetta filled two residencies a week etc...now Dance is back to being more obscure on the radio and genres like Techno people actively prefer smaller 'underground' venues.

Reggaeton was filling a gap for the Spanish market a few years but I never got into that so unsure if thats still a trend or not.

I knew I was risking it booking late July but events look pretty shit for my stay July 21-25. Cova Santa is the only thing listed and It's either sold out or 215 minimum spend per person to book for a no dancing, social distanced situation. Suppose I will just have to enjoy the island for other things than nightlife and just party at home in NYC... unless I can find a villa shindig.

I knew I was risking it booking late July but events look pretty shit for my stay July 21-25. Cova Santa is the only thing listed and It's either sold out or 215 minimum spend per person to book for a no dancing, social distanced situation. Suppose I will just have to enjoy the island for other things than nightlife and just party at home in NYC... unless I can find a villa shindig.
Lucky you can party at home! Wish i could

Yes for your stays nightlife won't open unfortunately, I really hope for my stay 30 July that there will be dancing at least ugh....I hate this as things change daily and anything can happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back