ibiza gossip 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
If my country was just reopening nightlife now, and with these crazy restrictions still in place, my happiness would be short lived and quickly followed by outrage.

It’s sort of like going to a restaurant, waiting 4 hours for your meal, and when it’s finally served it’s cold and horrible.

I think expectations and patience are much different in Spain than other places in the world.

not too melodramatic then...

look, everybody wanted this to move faster but the Spanish aren't going to change policy just to placate a few restless clubbers.

Although it's frustrating for me too, I totally get why they've been ultra-cautious, given what happened with the rebrotes last year.

Yes some of the rules are a bit daft but people are taking them too literally - they're ultimately just a reminder that this thing isn't formally over yet.

When do we think there might be a bit of confirmed gossip to get our teeth stuck into? Anything by the weekend maybe?

I live in Gran Canaria and announced today from this Saturday onwards all outside events and stadiums are are going to be allowed to 100%, will find out more tomorrow with the Gov meeting. But here’s a link if anyone wants a read, hopefully means the same for the Balearics. https://www.canarianweekly.com/posts/capacities-football-stadiums-increased

And first festival has been announced in Tenerife for 23 of Oct. Let’s see!!!

edit: think its whole of Spain

Last edited:
I agree with Ibizapaul ,while the dance capital of the world ,have these ludicrous restrictions the rest of the dance world move on .With ticket on sale for' Love saves the Day' this week ' along with other UK & European events ,Ibiza events may get left behind in pre bookings ? .Most people only have so much money to spend and only so much time off working/normal life .
I get it that the clubs are following the general Spanish government blueprint.,and the news this week , is a small move forward .

If the plan is to open clubs up now ,with restrictions (even thou the Ibiza clubs will not open in closed season ) Then the government upscale its blueprint ready for opening and drop the ludicrous dancing restrictions ,at the start of 2022.

Excuse me here if this has already been made clear elsewhere - only been hovering here recently. Why is there no differentiation between indoors and outdoors? I totally get mask indoors but what about open air venues? Presumably there are no longer people wearing masks outdoors as a rule, why not have smaller capacity mask free events outdoors? Was the test event a few months back mask free? Not criticizing - Ive still not been to a club inside in UK but have been to an outdoor festival.....just genuinely curious.
I believe the owners of Pacha will only vote for 'All or nothing ' policy on re opening ( indoors events are judged the same as outdoor events )

I agree with Ibizapaul ,while the dance capital of the world ,have these ludicrous restrictions the rest of the dance world move on .With ticket on sale for' Love saves the Day' this week ' along with other UK & European events ,Ibiza events may get left behind in pre bookings ? .Most people only have so much money to spend and only so much time off working/normal life .
I get it that the clubs are following the general Spanish government blueprint.,and the news this week , is a small move forward .

If the plan is to open clubs up now ,with restrictions (even thou the Ibiza clubs will not open in closed season ) Then the government upscale its blueprint ready for opening and drop the ludicrous dancing restrictions ,at the start of 2022.

Ibiza will need to be very clear in Spring what its policy is going to be for the 2022 Openings and Summer. If restrictions still feel tight compared to other countries bookings will be well down I fear.

I completely appreciate nobody anywhere knows how this Winter will pan out, but by Spring they should know what the best policy is and even if it means say delaying the Openings back a bit to ensure full service resumes.

At this point the UK Pass is indeed not accepted in the EU clubs. It's gonna be a big issue for vaccinated UK people during ADE. They will have to get tested every 24 hours, practically before every event they go to.
It might get solved before that time though, let's hope so.

Brexit, the gift that keeps on giving...

In other news, just booked for 24-29 October (couldn't extend to Halloween due to work but very happy with another 5 days!) so hopefully we can get a dance or two in.

Flight prices already jumping up for late October. Some flights around £400 one way!

According to IB3, the TSJB accepts the "green pass" to enter clubs from october 8th :!:
A little correction, as I didn't hear it correctly on the radio: the Fiscalía de Baleares said yes but the TSJB, who has the last word, haven't decided yet. SORRY.

indeed. they'll stop selling tickets in the street... they should have done so ages ago!

removing the ads on illegal billboards and placing less posters around are good moves too...
Totally agree with stopping selling tickets in the street (I’ve never really understood the concept as clubs surely lose out with the commission they pay v people turning up at the door).

what I am not sure about is why this stops ‘excessive tourism’? Are less people going to visit Ibiza just because they don’t sell tickets on the street? Is it not more about cleaning things up? Or I’m I just being thick and misunderstanding what excessive means?

Totally agree with stopping selling tickets in the street (I’ve never really understood the concept as clubs surely lose out with the commission they pay v people turning up at the door).

what I am not sure about is why this stops ‘excessive tourism’? Are less people going to visit Ibiza just because they don’t sell tickets on the street? Is it not more about cleaning things up? Or I’m I just being thick and misunderstanding what excessive means?

it's got a lot to do with image I'd say.

PRs in front of bars chatting you up all the time for drinks or tickets, IMO it really IS an eyesore and an annoyance. I've felt like that all my adult life about this subject and I very much understand that especially non-clubbing tourists get annoyed by that.

it's just one example. I have to say, I personally genuinely support the initiative they are taking to do things just a little less brash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back