ibiza gossip 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree totally with you .Each country can decide its own path . But since this was a Ibiza clubbing forum ,my comments and free thoughts on Ibiza clubbing,Ibiza clubs news and the rules on dancing are not out of context
.I cannot find any disrespect in my comments ?
There is no disrespect. People feel Ibiza is somehow immune for any criticism as if it is genuinely magical or with no faults.

It's a valid question, especially when places like Croatia / Mykonos have clubbing AND the sunny weather....

But my whole point is its not just the UK to be compared to now. Its pretty much anywhere else in Europe at this stage. If it was just the UK that we could compare Ibiza to then sure, like back in July, you could argue the UK was unusual and being reckless. But its not now.

You can go clubbing in most of Europe next weekend, with no mask on the dance floor, no problem. But you can't in Ibiza, a place with far more local jobs dependent on hospitality, and with far better weather, and more outdoor hospitality availability, and with comparable ICU capacity/usage and covid case rates. And with similar age profiles to plenty of places in Europe. So its just not logical in any way. So yes, it is hard to justify.
Yep.

well 23rd is amnesia, but only if you already have a ticket...

generally, I believe the events will be mainly on the weekends, friday to sunday...plus if we are lucky on mondays ;)

can't wait.

I bet we will see Flower Power. Its very popular at the native community.

There is no disrespect. People feel Ibiza is somehow immune for any criticism as if it is genuinely magical or with no faults.

It's a valid question, especially when places like Croatia / Mykonos have clubbing AND the sunny weather....

ibiza is far from perfect and criticism is fine, I am just genuinely surprised at the negativity in a forum where ibiza lovers and clubbers meet in a moment where after 18months things FINALLY start looking brighter

ibiza is far from perfect and criticism is fine, I am just genuinely surprised at the negativity in a forum where ibiza lovers and clubbers meet in a moment where after 18months things FINALLY start looking brighter
Because the powers that be have done it very late in the year with annoying restrictions

If mykonos and croatia partied relatively safely don't see why ibiza couldn't try it, even amnesia did a croatia take over

@stivi do you think its a possibility that the amnesia closing party starts earlier then 18:00 seeing clubs will have to close at 5 am or will they just move around the dj time slots?

Puh, difficult…. I hoped for more relaxed rules for example more or less what Time Warp plans for their end of October event (only vaccinated or recovered allowed but in return no mask or distancing on the dancefloor).

Believing that social distance will be kept on the dancefloor is naive obviously. That's just not how it works out of general experience and what I saw on recent festivals in Germany that theoretically had the same rules in place… and I wonder if and how they would be enforced.
I appreciate that these are mostly testing events for 2022 and that they don't want to risk too much. But personally I have to think if its worth an extra trip for Amnesia closing for all in around 500€.

I think people look at the rest of Europe, consider the absence of restrictions elsewhere, the timing of this announcement, the restrictions associated with it and see this as the thin end of the wedge. I think some people are wondering if authorities and the clubs will use Covid and the last 18 months as a reason to change clubbing forever on the island as they seek to attract a more monied, exclusive clientele.

But most of us have no idea what the Covid numbers are on the island, how that compares with elsewhere and how much pressure the local healthcare system is under.

Equally, no one knows what next year will look like. We don’t know how long vaccine efficacy will last, if there will be variants that impact us, or what the impact of the flu season will be.

People just want to go on holiday to their Ibiza, whatever that is, and it isn’t that at present. As an annual visitor for two and a half decades, it’s hard to get excited about yesterday’s announcement. It isn’t for me so I’m staying away until it is. Tourists and residents will see it through very different eyes. As a resident, I entirely understand why are celebrating things looking brighter and I am pleased for you, just like we did in the U.K. and I’m sure everyone else did or will in their country of residence.

Last edited:
I just hope the rules continue to evolve in the off-season. I’d hate for things to go silent until the start of the next season, leaving everyone in the dark and unable to book holidays.

I have to think mainland nightlife will continue to open through fall and winter, and that will help force things open on the island.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back