ibiza gossip 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes i saw it and was wondering oct 25th or oct 18th for their closing ?open from oct 8th? and host a few events on a week, that should be a good reason for planning an ibz clubbing trip.

oct 17th to oct 27th on my minds (could add 3 more days if more events will be ON, to spend the holidays earned since june )

Is the red amnesia ticket with 3 drinks from 2020 batch for any amnesia events, is still available?

Rules on dancefloor and social distancing sucks, but better this than NOTHING, and its grey raining here too n people working hard as office, so an excuse to escape from work office world 😆
ps:all this nightlife new rules should be confirmed by government on oct 4th? the date people could start their non refundable booking (eg planes)

Last edited:
@stivi do you think its a possibility that the amnesia closing party starts earlier then 18:00 seeing clubs will have to close at 5 am or will they just move around the dj time slots?

legally, unless the government gives them an exceptional license, clubs can't open before 16:30h anyway, so they could max open 90mins earlier.

6pm to 5am is still 11 hours though and that's definitely far better than anything we'd had for the last two full seasons...

yes i saw it and was wondering oct 25th or oct 18th for their closing ?open from oct 8th? and host a few events on a week, that should be a good reason for planning an ibz clubbing trip.

oct 17th to oct 27th on my minds (could add 3 more days if more events will be ON, to spend the holidays earned since june )

Is the red amnesia ticket with 3 drinks from 2020 batch for any amnesia events, is still available?

Rules on dancefloor and social distancing sucks, but better this than NOTHING, and its grey raining here too n people working hard as office, so an excuse to escape from work office world 😆
ps:all this nightlife new rules should be confirmed by government on oct 4th? the date people could start their non refundable booking (eg planes)

Ahhh

Ibiza 2021 happens

legally, unless the government gives them an exceptional license, clubs can't open before 16:30h anyway, so they could max open 90mins earlier.

6pm to 5am is still 11 hours though and that's definitely far better than anything we'd had for the last two full seasons...
did not know that thank you :) yeah its more then enough it was just out of curiosity thanks!

But my whole point is its not just the UK to be compared to now. Its pretty much anywhere else in Europe at this stage. If it was just the UK that we could compare Ibiza to then sure, like back in July, you could argue the UK was unusual and being reckless. But its not now.

You can go clubbing in most of Europe next weekend, with no mask on the dance floor, no problem. But you can't in Ibiza, a place with far more local jobs dependent on hospitality, and with far better weather, and more outdoor hospitality availability, and with comparable ICU capacity/usage and covid case rates. And with similar age profiles to plenty of places in Europe. So its just not logical in any way. So yes, it is hard to justify.
Agree good point . Well said
One of my comment was the local Goverment /council was paying lip service to this recent announcement and people getting excited about clubs open with heavy restrictions they want to apply are stupid and not workable
.Some of the politicians do not want the clubbing tourist here ,hence the West End and San An tighter restrictions.However are happy to accept the clubbing tourist dollar .
I fully understand Ibiza has some fantastic beaches and tranquil places outside of clubs ,but so has Mallorca,Tenerfie and the Costas .
Any region or populations that grows from 150,000 inhabitants to 3 million inhabitants for a few months ,will understandably have pressure on its infrastructure /ICU .
The answer is to re -write the rule book on Ibiza ,reduced the mega -clubs and private jet club people . ! I DO NOT THINK SO . !
or put more of the tourist cash and 'eco' tax charged to each guest back into infrastructure ?

However shit it sounds, you're just going to have to get over the mask on the dancefloor thing. The fact is, here, anywhere you go inside publicly, you must wear a mask. Everywhere: Supermarket. Doctor's surgery. Restaurants. Buses.

Everywhere.

They are never going to allow clubs to be an exception to that rule. That would be mental

Once that mandate has been lifted in those other settings, then sure, then there's an argument that clubs should follow

If you feel that's too much, then that's understandable and you should rightfully decide not to go. But the businesses in that sector aren't going to quibble about a rule that is place for every other business after being shut for 2 years. They're not being singled-out, that's literally the rule for everyone

However shit it sounds, you're just going to have to get over the mask on the dancefloor thing. The fact is, here, anywhere you go inside publicly, you must wear a mask. Everywhere: Supermarket. Doctor's surgery. Restaurant. Buses.

Everywhere.

They are never going to allow clubs to be an exception to that rule. That would be mental

Once that mandate has been lifted in those other settings, then sure, then there's an argument that clubs should follow

If you feel that's too much, then that's understandable and you should rightfully decide not to go. But the businesses in that sector aren't going to quibble about a rule that is place for every other business after being shut for 2 years. They're not being singled-out, that's literally the rule for everyone
Agreed. It is not going to encourage people to immediately book flights to come over to go clubbing, especially when you can have proper clubbing in the UK with no restrictions. But if you are already on the island or have plans to visit it is an added bonus.

For me, I will never wear a mask to go clubbing, but if I am allowed to get up from my table in Pikes and have a little boogie without getting told to sit down, then I am happy with that....

However shit it sounds, you're just going to have to get over the mask on the dancefloor thing. The fact is, here, anywhere you go inside publicly, you must wear a mask. Everywhere: Supermarket. Doctor's surgery. Restaurants. Buses.

Everywhere.

In Ibiza that is.

In a lot of EU countries...masks have disappeared or only still required in public transport.
And with the 3G or 2G rule (tested, vaccinated or recovered) to enter a club, a mask is pointless and symbol politics.
But I see your point...since it's simply the rule they live by. I'm afraid loads of people will choose ADE (no masks, no social distancing) over Ibiza in October so it will be a symbolic reopening of clubs.

it's absolutely symbolic, you're right, and i don't think any of the venues here are under the illusion that opening for a few dates this October is guaranteed to be profitable, but it's important that they open nonetheless

all being well, we will see how much the rules and regulations put people off or don't soon enough

Ibiza has never concerned itself with ADE in the past, because the season is done. While from a numbers point of view, that might tip some of balance in this particular circumstance, nobody here is giving a second thought about clashing. They are just super glad after all this time they are able to open their doors

Excuse me here if this has already been made clear elsewhere - only been hovering here recently. Why is there no differentiation between indoors and outdoors? I totally get mask indoors but what about open air venues? Presumably there are no longer people wearing masks outdoors as a rule, why not have smaller capacity mask free events outdoors? Was the test event a few months back mask free? Not criticizing - Ive still not been to a club inside in UK but have been to an outdoor festival.....just genuinely curious.

In Ibiza that is.

In a lot of EU countries...masks have disappeared or only still required in public transport.
And with the 3G or 2G rule (tested, vaccinated or recovered) to enter a club, a mask is pointless and symbol politics.
But I see your point...since it's simply the rule they live by. I'm afraid loads of people will choose ADE (no masks, no social distancing) over Ibiza in October so it will be a symbolic reopening of clubs.
We were gonna go back to Ibiza (we were there for 10 days in July), but now we're going to ADE.

There are still rules - but they are more acceptable to us.

It's just the way it is - people need to make their own choices, I guess.

Excuse me here if this has already been made clear elsewhere - only been hovering here recently. Why is there no differentiation between indoors and outdoors? I totally get mask indoors but what about open air venues? Presumably there are no longer people wearing masks outdoors as a rule, why not have smaller capacity mask free events outdoors? Was the test event a few months back mask free? Not criticizing - Ive still not been to a club inside in UK but have been to an outdoor festival.....just genuinely curious.
That's actually quite a good question.

Some of the comments on here. sheesh. Some of us spent months and months as recluses under effective house arrest praying just to hear music in public again. The fact Spanish nightlife is finally opening up should be a source of joy.
If my country was just reopening nightlife now, and with these crazy restrictions still in place, my happiness would be short lived and quickly followed by outrage.

It’s sort of like going to a restaurant, waiting 4 hours for your meal, and when it’s finally served it’s cold and horrible. You’re happy you have food, but it still sucks.

I think expectations and patience are much different in Spain than other places in the world.

Last edited:
Some of the comments on here. sheesh. Some of us spent months and months as recluses under effective house arrest praying just to hear music in public again. The fact Spanish nightlife is finally opening up should be a source of joy.
I think it is just a bit of people voicing their frustrations to be honest. It is annoying that the dance capital of the world is one of the last places you can have a dance....

We are there this Saturday, 2nd of October. Any recs / events you all would recommend attending? Thank you!!!! First timer here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back