ibiza gossip 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's got a lot to do with image I'd say.

PRs in front of bars chatting you up all the time for drinks or tickets, IMO it really IS an eyesore and an annoyance. I've felt like that all my adult life about this subject and I very much understand that especially non-clubbing tourists get annoyed by that.

it's just one example. I have to say, I personally genuinely support the initiative they are taking to do things just a little less brash
Why does it happen? V few club nights sell out. Are the clubs simply seeking guaranteed ticket sales a few hours earlier than on the door, avoiding queuing or is there something I’m missing? I don’t understand why they don’t just sell tickets on the door and cut out the third party. Unless it’s a big privilege party, I can’t see why tickets are required.

The new measures are a good start to getting things back on track but I would be more optimistic if the authorities weren't hellbent on ruining the nightlife before the pandemic. I just feel they're not allowing full scale clubbing for their agenda under the guise of the pandemic when it's really because they dislike clubbing.

This new thing about reducing posters is another sign of it. I personally like the posters all over the island. It's the only place in the world where I see DJs and events being advertised so flagrantly that I start to confuse ads in my hometown for club nights. It reminds me of the clubbing paradise Ibiza is.

These guys better get back to 7 AM closing time soon or better yet 11 AM dammit

Why does it happen? V few club nights sell out. Are the clubs simply seeking guaranteed ticket sales a few hours earlier than on the door, avoiding queuing or is there something I’m missing? I don’t understand why they don’t just sell tickets on the door and cut out the third party. Unless it’s a big privilege party, I can’t see why tickets are required.

The ticket sellers are on commission so they are determined to sell and pestering does work with some people. I've had blaggers tell me all the clubs are sold out that night and only they can get you tickets...which might work on someone new to the island.

But in the era of online tickets there's no need for it really, and of course the Spotlight Ticket shop is a great service 👍

DC10 does similar things ...

Cannot buy DC10 Tics in Dalt Vila or on the street. Or they were more expensive than door tics ( remember closing ).

The ticket sellers are on commission so they are determined to sell and pestering does work with some people. I've had blaggers tell me all the clubs are sold out that night and only they can get you tickets...which might work on someone new to the island.

But in the era of online tickets there's no need for it really, and of course the Spotlight Ticket shop is a great service 👍

I use spotlight , too

But if Im on the island and decide to go somewhere , I go to a ticket seller in Dalt Vila or somewhere. I dont have a laptop or a printer there.
If its possible in a hotel , I use this ( I Net and Printer )

The new measures are a good start to getting things back on track but I would be more optimistic if the authorities weren't hellbent on ruining the nightlife before the pandemic. I just feel they're not allowing full scale clubbing for their agenda under the guise of the pandemic when it's really because they dislike clubbing.

This new thing about reducing posters is another sign of it. I personally like the posters all over the island. It's the only place in the world where I see DJs and events being advertised so flagrantly that I start to confuse ads in my hometown for club nights. It reminds me of the clubbing paradise Ibiza is.

These guys better get back to 7 AM closing time soon or better yet 11 AM dammit

Sometimes I get the feeling it won't stop until the balearics have been turned into the canary islands

I've had blaggers tell me all the clubs are sold out that night and only they can get you tickets...which might work on someone new to the island.
Getting rid of the street sellers, if it actually happens*, means first of all stopping all the pestering but also making things less easy for certain people that make a living out of ripping people off with fake tickets, which is great news.

[ * remember, not all the clubs belong to that disco association and those might not agree with that meassure ]

The posters, and particularly the billboards, are part of the charm of Ibiza. The drive from the airport on arrival, seeing all the billboards for the various club nights, always had the "yes, I'm back" factor for me.

Regarding ticket sellers, if they are going to get rid of them, they surely have to reduce the price of entry at the door of the clubs, which was mostly significantly higher than with a ticket. As someone mentioned above, if out having a few drinks and make a 2am off the cuff decision to go to a club, and only online tickets are available, the price to pay at the door has to be the same price as an online ticket.

The posters, and particularly the billboards, are part of the charm of Ibiza. The drive from the airport on arrival, seeing all the billboards for the various club nights, always had the "yes, I'm back" factor for me.

I understand that this is your opinion - and to be honest, lots of clubbers think like that. but let's face it, not everyone comes here for clubbing and I have friends personally who commented pretty negatively on this years ago already.

The main issue with the posters, as I saw it, was the huge environmental impact. Replaced daily in hundreds of locations, by a handful of people driving around on a scooter, and put up using tape! Disgusting. Straight to landfill or worse ending up strewn around the island. It is honestly a mess

Had they have used proper poster frames and disposed of the paper in a more sustainable manner, it would not have been so bad, but from a practical point of point they just couldn't have done the nearly the same number of locations - there really were far too many

I understand that this is your opinion - and to be honest, lots of clubbers think like that. but let's face it, not everyone comes here for clubbing and I have friends personally who commented pretty negatively on this years ago already.
Might be part of the Ibiza someone likes as a tourist, but ask yourself would you like to see them dotted around your hometown? The billboards might not be too bad, but the posters.....
I know I hate the sight of them in my city. Torn, old, ragged , fading , no thanks

The main issue with the posters, as I saw it, was the huge environmental impact. Replaced daily in hundreds of locations, by a handful of people driving around on a scooter, and put up using tape! Disgusting. Straight to landfill or worse ending up strewn around the island. It is honestly a mess

Had they have used proper poster frames and disposed of the paper in a more sustainable manner, it would not have been so bad, but from a practical point of point they just couldn't have done the nearly the same number of locations - there really were far too many

Or are electronic billboards the answer? They can of course be solar powered and the advert can change at the click of a remote mouse

177030924_2e202f5463.jpg

dislike.gif

Yeah, I know that. But why does it happen. Cut out the middleman. And move to digital for advance orders and pay on the door. I just don’t see the point of thousands of outlets sellIng advance tickets. It feels like a dated concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back