ibiza gossip 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think in the digital era we live in you have to make the shift online like for most things its just such a waste of money and paper now a days i feel.
on another note has the taxi ssituation gotten any better and if not with the news of the clubs opening will it improve? not really wanting to rent a car for 3 nights only 😂

here we go!

full post coming in the updates thread in a second.

get booking those weekend trips guys...

Although online means you have to bring your phone with you with QR code on it.

One of my friends never takes his phone clubbing as he lost it too many times 😂

Also a little less spontaneous where you can just hand over some cash and get a ticket. Need to do online payment/with etc. Not the easiest when mashed 🤭 (plus no transaction fees)

If on door was same price (usually costs more) and quick, that would work.

Edit: I don't take out my bank card with me either when out, and don't store on phone. So would limit me to pre-planned buying tickets online.🤷‍♂️

Also a little less spontaneous where you can just hand over some cash and get a ticket. Need to do online payment/with etc. Not the easiest when mashed 🤭 (plus no transaction fees)

Edit: I don't take out my bank card with me either when out, and don't store on phone. So would limit me to pre-planned buying tickets online.🤷‍♂️

That's a good point and it can make Phones even more of a theft target, not everyone has security setup.

You also still need some cash anyway for ahem additional purchases ;)

i think in the digital era we live in you have to make the shift online like for most things its just such a waste of money and paper now a days i feel.
on another note has the taxi ssituation gotten any better and if not with the news of the clubs opening will it improve? not really wanting to rent a car for 3 nights only 😂

Regarding taxis:
When we were there 2 weeks ago, we didn't have any issues at all getting taxis. Were there from Friday to Monday and got Taxis at the airport, in PdB, at Sa Trinxa, Dalt Vila, Cova Santa - all without any problem at all.

print them off. simples. at least for those of you who plan your holiday discoteca action months in advance

but generally we are moving to an entirely digital future where apps/codes control everything. I'd imagine that by removing touts/secondary vendors from the equation, venues will be able to better monitor traffic and where it comes from.

print them off. simples. at least for those of you who plan your holiday discoteca action months in advance

but generally we are moving to an entirely digital future where apps/codes control everything. I'd imagine that by removing touts/secondary vendors from the equation, venues will be able to better monitor traffic and where it comes from.
I don't even have a printer at home, never mind on hols😂

My point was it's just a bit more involved buying online at 1am cause you decided on a whim to go to xyz.

Previously:
1) find ticket seller
2) give euros
3) have ticket

Proposed:
1) open phone
2) go to a website (hopefully have signal)
3) try and read webpage while trashed 😬
4) enter card details to buy ticket
5) goto 4 a few times
6) ticket bought
7) wait for email with QR code. (Signal?)
8) open email and screenshot qr code.
9) have ticket (while battery >5%)

Paying on door probs easier, just longer queue....

Edit: if they keep the ticket shops or buying from a bar etc, then that would be fine. Not 100% what they mean by getting rid

Surely paying on the door means longer queues for everyone?
I don’t think it needs to if managed properly and digitised. It’s got to be more efficient and commercially beneficial than paying commission. I can’t think of anywhere else in the world that has thousands of paper ticket sales outlets for club nights. It is a v old school approach to sales. Even retaining the same number of sales outlets but using a unique QR code would be a significant way forward. It’s absolute no brainer for clubs - they can collect contact details, push out comms, promote merchandise, record levels, etc. The whole PRing and shop sales of tickets in Ibiza is bonkers.

Last edited:

My point was it's just a bit more involved buying online at 1am cause you decided on a whim to go to xyz.

Previously:
1) find ticket seller
2) give euros
3) have ticket

Proposed:
1) open phone
5) goto 4 a few times
6) ticket bought

fair enough and I agree it could be a real faff for last min deciders. maybe I'm mentally used now to the pandemic way of doing things, ie booking everything online from your tickets to your seat to your meal, ages in advance. i guess the question is whether that is here to stay maybe some venues will decide to do away with walk-in trade altogether with more aggressive festie style early bird marketing? the pikes email route certainly prevents huge queues down the lane.

Previously:
1) find ticket seller
2) give euros
3) have ticket

Proposed:
1) open phone
5) goto 4 a few times
6) ticket bought

Edit: if they keep the ticket shops or buying from a bar etc, then that would be fine. Not 100% what they mean by getting rid
It is 2021 mate! These things do not seem to be a problem anywhere else in the world for clubbing or any event that requires a ticket. And paying on the door simply requires 1 wave of the phone or card, it isn’t onerous and doesn’t necessitate long queues. It would take a lot of sellers off the streets, be a lot more environmentally friendly and help move logistical arrangements for events on the island into the 21st century. It will require people to modify their behaviour to match, as happens with everything else in life.

Last edited:
Anetha in Amnesia on 10th October! Source her instagram.

I'd wait jumping to conclusions until the club actually confirms this. even though various 'sources' speak about that date, for now it's not on the club's homepage and that is the only official source.

I'd wait jumping to conclusions until the club actually confirms this. even though various 'sources' speak about that date, for now it's not on the club's homepage and that is the only official source.
Do you think it’ll be an absolute fight for tickets once shiz is announced, or a bit more chilled? Hard to estimate what demand will be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back