*** ibiza gossip 2020 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
at this stage I personally am hopeful for anytime from july onwards. no one on the island that has anything to do with tourism is willing to write off the season entirely. everyone is aware the season won't start in may and everyone knows it'll be a very different summer, but I’m confident we will have some sort of season. and that's not calculated optimism

maybe no clubbing holiday ? venues over xx to be closed ?

it'something I did mention before yes, either in this thread or in the covid one. it's a possibility.

I think as the lockdown came in stages, it'll also be lifted in stages. and yeah, it's likely that the big clubs will be the very last ones to open again in full capacity. and the timeline of all that will obviously be heavily depending on when spain's 'beaten' covid-19. and I need to point out that all of this is just assumptions at this stage.

for those thinking 'well wait, china was on lockdown for that long'. it's important to mention that in china it wasn't the entire country that was on lockdown, but rather one province (hubei with its capital wuhan). in recent press conferences the spanish government pointed this detail out more than once: in spain the entire country is on shutdown right now, the economy is completely halted which wasn't the case in china because only one province was affected. so in a way I do believe spain will try and open up the least affected regions whenever they can.

I really hoping for closings and I hope ibiza still stays low with corona cases. I wonder if there will be less strict travel bans at the end of year. The thing I am Worried about is every country is at different stages with the virus so some countries maybe able to travel and may not have new cases and some countries may still be in the crap with the virus.. We just have to wait and see i suppose?

I really hoping for closings and I hope ibiza still stays low with corona cases. I wonder if there will be less strict travel bans at the end of year. The thing I am Worried about is every country is at different stages with the virus so some countries maybe able to travel and may not have new cases and some countries may still be in the crap with the virus.. We just have to wait and see i suppose?
The issue with Ibiza, and other small islands is that you need some immunity (natural or vaccine), or you are simply postponing the reintroduction when you loosen restrictions.

The key for Ibiza is they don’t rush anything. I imagine their health sector is small and can’t deal with much more then residents’ needs and usual holidaymaker scrapes. The priority is that everyone who goes is safe and if that’s late summer or next spring or whenever it doesn’t matter. I’m optimistic for October, but that’s not based on anything but trying to keep upbeat about life!

Hopefully the death of VIP culture.

to me that's genuinely the least of worries right now. you know I'm not a fan of it neither, but if I had to choose I'd much rather have the clubs open (with the two tier thing we've sadly seen growing) rather than everything shut due to covid-19

Hopefully the death of VIP culture.

Au contraire. This is when the real vip culture arise.

Super-rich jet off to disaster bunkers amid coronavirus outbreak
‘Self isolate’ for some of world’s richest means Covid-19 tests abroad, personal medics and subterranean hideouts

to me that's genuinely the least of worries right now. you know I'm not a fan of it neither, but if I had to choose I'd much rather have the clubs open (with the two tier thing we've sadly seen growing) rather than everything shut due to covid-19

It quite clearly isn't a worry right now, but merely an aspirational future observation of what I believe may happen. Not sure where your comparison of either clubs opening or not due to Covid-19 came from based on that statement??

It quite clearly isn't a worry right now, but merely an aspirational future observation of what I believe may happen. Not sure where your comparison of either clubs opening or not due to Covid-19 came from based on that statement??

sorry I may be a little sensitive on this right now.

personally I also hope for a return of more 'togetherness' in clubbing, but I can't see the VIP areas go away sadly.

we could be talking months or years down the line. nobody knows how many airlines, hotels, related businesses will be affected. if the entire tourism infrastructure is hit then who knows what clubbing industry will emerge out of it. during life/death situations the whole commercial/underground debate suddenly feels a bit inconsequential. (speaking as someone who is normally pretty passionate about all that).

we could be talking months or years down the line. nobody knows how many airlines, hotels, related businesses will be affected. if the entire tourism infrastructure is hit then who knows what clubbing industry will emerge out of it. during life/death situations the whole commercial/underground debate suddenly feels a bit inconsequential. (speaking as someone who is normally pretty passionate about all that).
Life and death situations are of course important but we can't just doom and gloom think about that all that time

Clubbing culture and tourism, holidays is a really important factor too, too many people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back