*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

I agree ...
Marina Botafoch now as always is full of italian tourists that love Pacha, Lio, Heart and Cipriani ( don't ask me the reasons)..
In anycase , we'll see...
I think Pacha isn't the right place for this kind of music , we've already seen others party like Mosaic ( dancefloor quite full of people but vip place completely empty) the same with cocoon last year , and probably I forgot someone...

I have to disagree with you.

Attend a Solomun+1 party at Pacha and tell me that Pacha isn't perfect for these kinds of events. I personally wouldn't want that party anywhere else - it's the perfect storm, and the VIP is also full in his case!

I think Pacha isn't the right place for this kind of music , we've already seen others party like Mosaic ( dancefloor quite full of people but vip place completely empty) the same with cocoon last year , and probably I forgot someone...

But he doesn't play techno like Len Faki, Ben Klock, and say Liebing does he? Anything I have heard from him over last few years is much softer. Plus, I would guess his guests will be the type of guests he had on the Terrace at Amnesia - Jamie Jones, Carl Craig, Nic F, Martinez Bros etc.

I have to disagree with you.

Attend a Solomun+1 party at Pacha and tell me that Pacha isn't perfect for these kinds of events. I personally wouldn't want that party anywhere else - it's the perfect storm, and the VIP is also full in his case!
yes that's so true...BUT... Solomun was definitely born in Pacha ( after Sankeys) and him is so loved from vip people ( see the people in his after)...it ain't easy to imagine another club to guest his party , pacha and destino are the best place.
But Mosaic and Cocoon have different kind of followers , and this kind of followers dislike a location as Pacha

But he doesn't play techno like Len Faki, Ben Klock, and say Liebing does he? Anything I have heard from him over last few years is much softer. Plus, I would guess his guests will be the type of guests he had on the Terrace at Amnesia - Jamie Jones, Carl Craig, Nic F, Martinez Bros etc.
The one thing I have learnt over the years in Ibiza, is the things that you think will work, sometimes just don't. Personally I think MusicON will work at Pacha as with the link up with Destino it is going to be about palm-trees and viral videos of pretty girls dancing in the sun! You only have to look at the Miami events he does to see this. However, I assumed that Maceo would work there, and would get a crowd in all sections of the club (though that had Cox and Resistance as competition).

I totally agree with you.
It ain't easy to organize a party for all the season , especially in ibiza.
I think music on will work better than the others two metioned party, and one of the most important reason , imo, is the new mood of music on that's a little bit change in the last two years.
Besides that, music on has changed his vibes and increase the followers not as numbers but different kind of clubbers, and the combo pacha + destino and probably tox for the after party could be the right choice.
And if we consider the scheduled party right now on friday , Pacha could be the right alternative to the proposal of playa d'en bossa..but it's also important to see what will be planned at Amnesia

Out with the old and in with the new.. as someone said when parties move it's the beginning of the end.. some go down with a little dignity and others fail miserably.... Ibiza should stop giving the dinosaurs gigs and bring in some fresh talent....

This may be true, however, while I am far from a Marco fan here (as people will know), I get the impression he may have just been bored shi*teless looking at a sea of men in black t-shirts 20 times a year for 6 hours in the same venue week in week out for 7 seasons in a row.

This may be true, however, while I am far from a Marco fan here (as people will know), I get the impression he may have just been bored shi*teless looking at a sea of men in black t-shirts 20 times a year for 6 hours in the same venue week in week out for 7 seasons in a row.
Not surprised. I got bored within the first few hours let alone after 7 seasons.

really valid and fair points here... just to clear my opinion, I do think that cocoon moving to pacha was a downgrade, and a result of bad numbers in the party at amnesia. Music on in the other hand, I feel, is making an upgrade or a change for better. I got the sense that marco could choose any club in Ibiza and the club would welcome Music On without 2nd thoughts. Change is good, and in this case, I don't think is a forced one. Besides that, the contract signed must have a lot of numbers...

Mosaic and maceo, was special! But not for the ibiza crowd... doesn't have some ingredients that are needed nowadays to make it in the island.
For me that was the real "it's all about the music" party... but ibiza is not all about the music anymore...

I just hope that Sven don't give up from the island after this season. That man gave us, a lot of memorable moments!! Inside and outside the clubs... Cocoon and sven are really special to me, and others here I believe. but business is business, and business rules the island nowadays....

Mosaic and maceo, was special! But not for the ibiza crowd... doesn't have some ingredients that are needed nowadays to make it in the island.
For me that was the real "it's all about the music" party... but ibiza is not all about the music anymore...

You have probably summarised what we have all been trying to say for a few years!

Welcome to the forum!

Thank you @mr_why!!

I just regret not talk in here before... the island is really special to me, and I go there every year at least 2 times since 2007! Is a good feeling to find so many like minded individuals that love the same things I do... let's keep the gossip flowing... and our island alive!!

nice to be here guys... ;)

Thank you @mr_why!!

I just regret not talk in here before... the island is really special to me, and I go there every year at least 2 times since 2007! Is a good feeling to find so many like minded individuals that love the same things I do... let's keep the gossip flowing... and our island alive!!

nice to be here guys... ;)

The same for me , since 2006 ...

For all the big parties that moved to a smaller location in the last 10 years, that was the beginning of the end!
It will be the same with MUSIC ON ( OFF ).
I tend to agree with you. For me Music On move to Pacha is not a good fit (reactions on Music On et Marco's FB pages are realy bad). I was at Cocoon late July last year and it was ugly and sad (music was great do). I know Cocoon did better in Septembre, but in the end it quit after only one year. I can see the same happening with Music On (not that I wish for it).

Back